T Nation

Motivation for USAPL Men's Nationals

This pretty much sums it up:

damn straight

awesome

Fuck this old broken down roidhead. When I compete, I compete for MYSELF. I don’t care what others are doing, I just want to improve.

Real men don’t give a shit about being the biggest dog around, maybe this baboon should read a self-help book or two and he would understand it’s all about self-realization. Men are not created to compete against each other like warriors, but to cooperate together towards a common goal with grace and dignity. That’s why I high five as many people as I can at meets, especially after they miss attempts so they feel better about themselves.

If it were for me, everybody at meets should have trophies,medals, etc. because everyone gave it their best on that day. Why would someone get a trophy only for themself just because (s)he has better genetics? Competing is not fun, winning is not fun, but achieving a new PR on the platform? Man there’s nothing more rewarding.

TL;DR Competing is for losers, winners compete with themselves and only care for PRs, not taking a shit on the best around

[quote]daraz wrote:
Fuck this old broken down roidhead. When I compete, I compete for MYSELF. I don’t care what others are doing, I just want to improve.

Real men don’t give a shit about being the biggest dog around, maybe this baboon should read a self-help book or two and he would understand it’s all about self-realization. Men are not created to compete against each other like warriors, but to cooperate together towards a common goal with grace and dignity. That’s why I high five as many people as I can at meets, especially after they miss attempts so they feel better about themselves.

If it were for me, everybody at meets should have trophies,medals, etc. because everyone gave it their best on that day. Why would someone get a trophy only for themself just because (s)he has better genetics? Competing is not fun, winning is not fun, but achieving a new PR on the platform? Man there’s nothing more rewarding.

TL;DR Competing is for losers, winners compete with themselves and only care for PRs, not taking a shit on the best around[/quote]

[quote]daraz wrote:
Fuck this old broken down roidhead. When I compete, I compete for MYSELF. I don’t care what others are doing, I just want to improve.

Real men don’t give a shit about being the biggest dog around, maybe this baboon should read a self-help book or two and he would understand it’s all about self-realization. Men are not created to compete against each other like warriors, but to cooperate together towards a common goal with grace and dignity. That’s why I high five as many people as I can at meets, especially after they miss attempts so they feel better about themselves.

If it were for me, everybody at meets should have trophies,medals, etc. because everyone gave it their best on that day. Why would someone get a trophy only for themself just because (s)he has better genetics? Competing is not fun, winning is not fun, but achieving a new PR on the platform? Man there’s nothing more rewarding.

TL;DR Competing is for losers, winners compete with themselves and only care for PRs, not taking a shit on the best around[/quote]

How is all that working out for you?

[quote]daraz wrote:
Fuck this old broken down roidhead. When I compete, I compete for MYSELF. I don’t care what others are doing, I just want to improve.

Real men don’t give a shit about being the biggest dog around, maybe this baboon should read a self-help book or two and he would understand it’s all about self-realization. Men are not created to compete against each other like warriors, but to cooperate together towards a common goal with grace and dignity. That’s why I high five as many people as I can at meets, especially after they miss attempts so they feel better about themselves.

If it were for me, everybody at meets should have trophies,medals, etc. because everyone gave it their best on that day. Why would someone get a trophy only for themself just because (s)he has better genetics? Competing is not fun, winning is not fun, but achieving a new PR on the platform? Man there’s nothing more rewarding.

TL;DR Competing is for losers, winners compete with themselves and only care for PRs, not taking a shit on the best around[/quote]

[quote]daraz wrote:
Fuck this old broken down roidhead. When I compete, I compete for MYSELF. I don’t care what others are doing, I just want to improve.

Real men don’t give a shit about being the biggest dog around, maybe this baboon should read a self-help book or two and he would understand it’s all about self-realization. Men are not created to compete against each other like warriors, but to cooperate together towards a common goal with grace and dignity. That’s why I high five as many people as I can at meets, especially after they miss attempts so they feel better about themselves.

If it were for me, everybody at meets should have trophies,medals, etc. because everyone gave it their best on that day. Why would someone get a trophy only for themself just because (s)he has better genetics? Competing is not fun, winning is not fun, but achieving a new PR on the platform? Man there’s nothing more rewarding.

TL;DR Competing is for losers, winners compete with themselves and only care for PRs, not taking a shit on the best around[/quote]

[quote]daraz wrote:
Real men don’t give a shit about being the biggest dog around[/quote]
This right here. Great sarcasm.

STB: Are you competing? My coach is reffing.

[quote]kpsnap wrote:

[quote]daraz wrote:
Real men don’t give a shit about being the biggest dog around[/quote]
This right here. Great sarcasm.

STB: Are you competing? My coach is reffing.[/quote]

Nice! And yes I will be. I’ve dropped about 25lbs because of the new stupid weight classes. I should do pretty well in 265.

[quote]daraz wrote:
Fuck this old broken down roidhead. When I compete, I compete for MYSELF. I don’t care what others are doing, I just want to improve.

Real men don’t give a shit about being the biggest dog around, maybe this baboon should read a self-help book or two and he would understand it’s all about self-realization. Men are not created to compete against each other like warriors, but to cooperate together towards a common goal with grace and dignity. That’s why I high five as many people as I can at meets, especially after they miss attempts so they feel better about themselves.

If it were for me, everybody at meets should have trophies,medals, etc. because everyone gave it their best on that day. Why would someone get a trophy only for themself just because (s)he has better genetics? Competing is not fun, winning is not fun, but achieving a new PR on the platform? Man there’s nothing more rewarding.

TL;DR Competing is for losers, winners compete with themselves and only care for PRs, not taking a shit on the best around[/quote]

Damn Democrats… Trophies for everyone you say?

[quote]Achilles of war wrote:

[quote]daraz wrote:
Fuck this old broken down roidhead. When I compete, I compete for MYSELF. I don’t care what others are doing, I just want to improve.

Real men don’t give a shit about being the biggest dog around, maybe this baboon should read a self-help book or two and he would understand it’s all about self-realization. Men are not created to compete against each other like warriors, but to cooperate together towards a common goal with grace and dignity. That’s why I high five as many people as I can at meets, especially after they miss attempts so they feel better about themselves.

If it were for me, everybody at meets should have trophies,medals, etc. because everyone gave it their best on that day. Why would someone get a trophy only for themself just because (s)he has better genetics? Competing is not fun, winning is not fun, but achieving a new PR on the platform? Man there’s nothing more rewarding.

TL;DR Competing is for losers, winners compete with themselves and only care for PRs, not taking a shit on the best around[/quote]

Damn Democrats… Trophies for everyone you say? [/quote]

It’s the only way to make sure no ones feelings get hurt and everyone feels special.

For those of you who have seen me/met me at meets, I am usually joking around and not taking anything too seriously during weigh ins and warm-ups. When it comes time to actually compete and my bar is loaded on the platform, I want to kill every mother fucking person in the room. I don’t give a shit if anyone has a good time or not. Being a good sport is one thing. Finding reasons to validate yourself for being a fucking loser is a completely different thing.

This isn’t true all the time. Sure local meets are fun. I still try to do every meet I can in MD and VA especially when I wnat to show my support for a meet director that I respect. National and International competition is completely different. Either win or you have no right to be there as far as I’m concerned.

[quote]StormTheBeach wrote:

This isn’t true all the time. Sure local meets are fun. I still try to do every meet I can in MD and VA especially when I wnat to show my support for a meet director that I respect. National and International competition is completely different. Either win or you have no right to be there as far as I’m concerned.[/quote]

I can see having this attitude for someone like yourself who actually competes at a national and international level…

But 95% of this forum? Meh…nobody likes a wannabe poser full of bravado.

I can’t see daraz’s comment other than the quotes, so that means I must have blocked him for saying something incredibly retarded in the past (and the trophy portion of this post certainly qualifies–honestly the trophy presentation part of the meet is by far the worst/most boring part) but for the VAST majority of us who do this RECREATIONALLY? I can see where he is coming from.

Surely much of what Daraz says is in jest.

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:

[quote]StormTheBeach wrote:

This isn’t true all the time. Sure local meets are fun. I still try to do every meet I can in MD and VA especially when I wnat to show my support for a meet director that I respect. National and International competition is completely different. Either win or you have no right to be there as far as I’m concerned.[/quote]

I can see having this attitude for someone like yourself who actually competes at a national and international level…

But 95% of this forum? Meh…nobody likes a wannabe poser full of bravado.

I can’t see daraz’s comment other than the quotes, so that means I must have blocked him for saying something incredibly retarded in the past (and the trophy portion of this post certainly qualifies–honestly the trophy presentation part of the meet is by far the worst/most boring part) but for the VAST majority of us who do this RECREATIONALLY? I can see where he is coming from.
[/quote]

I feel the same way as you do. I’ve been to USAPL Nationals twice. Neither time did I have a chance at winning and I knew that going in – just qualifying and going was one of my long term goals in this sport. I’d rather lose by 100 pounds and set a pr total than win with a 3 for 9 day.

I can see how guys at the very top might feel differently about this and I can also see how older guys who competed when there was one real fed might feel differently. But for those of us competing locally and occasionally nationally with the current fragmentation of the sport, I strongly doubt this is about winning a particular meet and more about hitting total goals.

Lol that “old broken down roid head” has probably done more with his life than ever will.

Listen, my first meet in July isn’t a national meet, but I have a chance to break some national records, so everybody else that’s competing isn’t going to like me because I’m out for them. So fuck everybody else; I’m out for myself.

CS

[quote]CSEagles1694 wrote:
Lol that “old broken down roid head” has probably done more with his life than ever will.

Listen, my first meet in July isn’t a national meet, but I have a chance to break some national records, so everybody else that’s competing isn’t going to like me because I’m out for them. So fuck everybody else; I’m out for myself.

CS[/quote]
What fed?

[quote]kpsnap wrote:

[quote]CSEagles1694 wrote:
Lol that “old broken down roid head” has probably done more with his life than ever will.

Listen, my first meet in July isn’t a national meet, but I have a chance to break some national records, so everybody else that’s competing isn’t going to like me because I’m out for them. So fuck everybody else; I’m out for myself.

CS[/quote]
What fed?[/quote]

USPF.

CS

[quote]CSEagles1694 wrote:

[quote]kpsnap wrote:

[quote]CSEagles1694 wrote:
Lol that “old broken down roid head” has probably done more with his life than ever will.

Listen, my first meet in July isn’t a national meet, but I have a chance to break some national records, so everybody else that’s competing isn’t going to like me because I’m out for them. So fuck everybody else; I’m out for myself.

CS[/quote]
What fed?[/quote]

USPF.

CS[/quote]

So you’re going to take the opportunity at your first meet to be a dickhead to everyone just so you can break a couple of meaningless records in a non-open division in one of the hundred or so federations with equally fractured divisions and records?

Why do you think everyone is “not gonna like you”? There is a very good chance you will be the only person out there even in your weight class/division. Should everyone treat you poorly in case you end up in their weight class/division one day?

Good thing Ed Coan doesn’t have that mentality huh?

I every competition I have ever been, I have been there to win. Nothing more, nothing less. Play by the rules and win. If someone beats me,it means that he was better or luckier than me, but next time, I sure as hell will beat him.