T Nation

Mother Nature - Bring It On!

Hey everybody, I’m starting this thread to honor the 2006 Hurricane season.

Mother Nature bloodied our noses last year, but I’m not scared. I’m moving to Pensacola FL in July for a new job, and everybody here at work now is telling me how I’m crazy to go just when the storm season is cranking up. Hmmm… let me think: live on the beach, work less hours, get paid twice as much – I’ll take my chances.

Maybe this will be a funny/ironic post to look back on if something dreadful happens to Pensacola this summer… then y’all can point at me and laugh for being an idiot. :slight_smile:

So is anybody else in harm’s way this summer? Are y’all prepared for the worst?

Ahhh…it’s totally worth it imo. Storm parties are the best. Lived on east coast near Palm Bch. late 2004 when we got bombed with 2 hurricanes in 3 weeks. Moved to the south west coast in Fl. & got hit by another! Hahaha. Just grab some beers with some friends & enjoy the ride!

Been through 28 seasons. So far so good. Fuck it. Yeah I’m ready.

And Pensacola is nice.

I live on the east coast of Florida. My wife and I closed on our house in 2004 the day before the fourth hurricane came in. We were driving down A1A with some boxes of crap for the house when waves started rolling up to and onto the road. Not crashing onto, just rolling.

Anyway, it’s getting dark and raining, we decided to take one car back to the apartment we were renting because we had things like food, beer, and a bed there. A one hour trip took two. We were not in any danger, just had to drive slow because the rain was pouring and you couldn’t see much.

We moved down here in 03, have not regretted it. I’ve been through blizzards and ice storms, floods and tornadoes up north. If you have to go through a couple of hurricanes to have the beach, sun, the people, no state or local income tax, and no snow it is well worth it.

Welcome to Florida.

Bring it on says the guy who hasn’t been through it…

Fought through Rita last year, such a fun time it was. FEMA did nothing for me, I expect no less this year from the douches.

I’ve got plenty of water, a new chaisnaw, and will be ordering two bottles of Spike to keep in reserve.

Bring it, just bring it.

[quote]lawsonsamuels wrote:
Fought through Rita last year, such a fun time it was. FEMA did nothing for me, I expect no less this year from the douches.

I’ve got plenty of water, a new chaisnaw, and will be ordering two bottles of Spike to keep in reserve.

Bring it, just bring it.[/quote]

I didn’t see anything in your supplies about a beautiful woman. Forget something?

[quote]StevenF wrote:
lawsonsamuels wrote:

Bring it, just bring it.

I didn’t see anything in your supplies about a beautiful woman. Forget something?[/quote]

Nah, that’s a given.