Most Versatile Program?

What do you think is the most time effective program ever presented on T-Mag? I am not trying to wuss out and find the “easiest” program; however, with a new baby in the house, my wife and I are finding it difficult to make it to the gym with any regularity. As a firefighter I can occasionally work out while at work, but must contend with very limited equipment and frequent interruptions. I would prioritize my training needs based on importance as follows:

1. Cardiovascular fitness
  2. Muscular endurance
  3. Strength
  4. Power

Unfortunately, based on fun and enjoyment, I would flip that list upside down–I love Oly and explosive lifts and hate high rep and cardio.

I guess the question is this: Do you have any suggestions on a program that has a relatively low time commitment that provides a nice blend of both “conditioning” and power?

Thanks in advance, and sorry for the long post.

Part-Time Beast Strength Training, Bodybuilding & Online Supplement Store - T NATION

The Running Man, specifically “IBUR”, Strength Training, Bodybuilding & Online Supplement Store - T NATION

Hope this helps.

I like Renegade programs because they address more than one need. If you want great conditioning, functional strength, flexibility, etc., then Renegade is a great way to go. With that in mind, and with your current situation, I’d recommend Fat to Fire 2 (I think it’s better than part 1).

Also, CW and CT have some very good stuff. Usually, they write strictly about size or strength gains, but CW has recently addressed “having it all” by using some of his recommendations. In that case, I’d try his Big Boy Basics program and use the off days to focus on cardio.

You can change a few exercises on your heavy days for more explosive lifts (Cleans and Snatches) in order to develop all areas.

Thanks for the advice…I was afraid I might get flamed for posting that question, since after reading it I realized I sounded like a lazy-ass. Again, thanks for the advice.