Most Underrated Bodybuilder?

[quote]StandTall wrote:
Who was the Japanese body builder in the mid 90’s? Probably underrated because of geography. [/quote]

May have been Katsumi Ishimura. he won the over 60 at the Masters Olympia in 2000.

Was it this guy? Outside of the Masters, his highest placing in an IFBB contest was 8th.

I don’t know if anyone can beat this guy. I mean he’s got arms growing out of his head! WOW!..and his head’s arms are bigger than my torso’s arms!

Wait…would the judges take points off if your head arms point the wrong way?

Stupid question…I’m sure they would.

[quote]StandTall wrote:
Who was the Japanese body builder in the mid 90’s? Probably underrated because of geography. [/quote]

Ken Yasuda?

[quote]Professor X wrote:
I don’t think everyone knows what underrated means.[/quote]
Fair enough. But there’s a bit of a difference between underrated to fans and underrated within the sport/by judges.

I think Bertil Fox would be an example of both, to an extent. His criminal sentence has pretty much overshadowed what he did while competing, but while he was competing, he was dominant in Europe (3-time NABBA Mr. Universe), but never quite got the same respect by judges in the States.

Ewwww Phil Hernon? That guy is one of the dumbest people, worst business men and he’s always trying to screw people over. There is literally nothing good to be said about him, underrated for a reason. For instance his recent stint with a peptide company if anyone follows that stuff; just a total jack ass.

[quote]waylanderxx wrote:
Ewwww Phil Hernon? That guy is one of the dumbest people, worst business men and he’s always trying to screw people over. There is literally nothing good to be said about him, underrated for a reason. For instance his recent stint with a peptide company if anyone follows that stuff; just a total jack ass.[/quote]

Whatever your personal grunt is with the man, it doesn’t apply.
I thought we were discussing PHYSIQUES here.

Your crazy if you dont think Mike Mentzer doesnt have an amazing physique that never won an Olympia.

[quote]QuadasarusFlex wrote:
Your crazy if you dont think Mike Mentzer doesnt have an amazing physique that never won an Olympia. [/quote]

True. but Mike was far from underrated.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

Your crazy if you dont think Mike Mentzer doesnt have an amazing physique that never won an Olympia. [/quote]

True. but Mike was far from underrated. [/quote]
I think being robbed a title and being hated on for his HIT workouts at the time qualifies him for being underrated. It was bullshit with tthe stuff he put up with which eventually lead to his drug abuse and early death.

professor x…jus sayin

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

I think being robbed a title and being hated on for his HIT workouts at the time qualifies him for being underrated. It was bullshit with tthe stuff he put up with which eventually lead to his drug abuse and early death.[/quote]

Great physique, but he was also a little insane.

Ruhl

^^ Yeah, Ruhl was freakin massive!

[quote]imhungry wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

I think being robbed a title and being hated on for his HIT workouts at the time qualifies him for being underrated. It was bullshit with tthe stuff he put up with which eventually lead to his drug abuse and early death.[/quote]

Great physique, but he was also a little insane.[/quote]

Very, very true. Just ask Bill Roberts.

This thread needs more Priest.

Let short people win the O.

This thread needs more Priest.

Let short people win the O.

I like Mentzer’s look and I enjoyed his articles, more for the way he wrote than for exactly what he said ( in regards to HIT) but I read some of the stories of how nutty he was in the 80s…wow. He was apparently into drinking his own wee wee and though Arthur Jones was God and that he, Mentzer was the son of God.

Bob Paris is among the names already mentioned. Also I think Levrone should of won an Olympia.

[quote]Nards wrote:
I like Mentzer’s look and I enjoyed his articles, more for the way he wrote than for exactly what he said ( in regards to HIT) but I read some of the stories of how nutty he was in the 80s…wow. He was apparently into drinking his own wee wee and though Arthur Jones was God and that he, Mentzer was the son of God.[/quote]

Wee wee?

Nards, we’re NOT your students!

lol