T Nation

Most Ridiculous Exercise Ever

Instead of describing the insanity to you, I’ve attached a crude paintbrush example.

If this isn’t the most ridiculous exercise you’ve ever seen in the gym, I’d like to hear what was!

I have no idea what that is, but I just have to compliment you on your MS Paint skills.

[quote]christine wrote:
I have no idea what that is, but I just have to compliment you on your MS Paint skills.

[/quote]

LOL, me too.

I like the frown

Awesomeness. Great skills with paint. Now put DUMBASS on the top and post them around your gym.

ummmmmmmm…wow.

I mean, really…wow.

Hey! That was me!

Haha… I laughed for several minutes after reading your diagram.

almost as rediculous, is the fact that you spent all that time drawing up a diagram in paint.

Although maybe i’m the rediculous one wasting my time by responding…

Anyways, I spend too much time at the gym (working and working out), so I still think the most rediculous thing is people doing synchronized DB bicep curls while staring deeply into each others eyes.

Can’t make this shit up…

[quote]wressler125 wrote:
almost as rediculous, is the fact that you spent all that time drawing up a diagram in paint.

Although maybe i’m the rediculous one wasting my time by responding…

Anyways, I spend too much time at the gym (working and working out), so I still think the most rediculous thing is people doing synchronized DB bicep curls while staring deeply into each others eyes.

Can’t make this shit up…[/quote]

Maybe you’re ridiculous because you can’t spell ridiculous. On a side note, that diagram was fricken hilarious.

[quote]wressler125 wrote:

Can’t make this shit up…[/quote]

I’ve seen that one too, only it was an obese man and woman both using THE SAME WEIGHT (the 10lbs dumbbells) and doing super slow movements with their eyes locked on each other. I couldn’t tell whether this was a true exercise or some attempt at meditation. Neither of them ever broke a sweat so I am opting for the latter.

Looks like stickman might be in traction.
Either way excellent paint skills.

The guy in the first picture is doing a single leg squat with while holding onto a cable. He probably loads the cable with enough weight that he can perform single legged squats with good form.

Maybe he wants to do more uni-lateral work but isn’t strong enough yet to do a single leg squat with his bodyweight?
I don’t see what is so bad about this. Maybe I am missing something.

It looks like the sort of thing a person comes up with while bored waiting for a late arriving training partner.

[quote]DanErickson wrote:
The guy in the first picture is doing a single leg squat with while holding onto a cable. He probably loads the cable with enough weight that he can perform single legged squats with good form.

Maybe he wants to do more uni-lateral work but isn’t strong enough yet to do a single leg squat with his bodyweight?
I don’t see what is so bad about this. Maybe I am missing something.[/quote]

I could see what your saying, but what about the other cable attached to the other foot?

[quote]APE. wrote:
DanErickson wrote:

I don’t see what is so bad about this. Maybe I am missing something.

I could see what your saying, but what about the other cable attached to the other foot?

[/quote]
Ah I didn’t notice that. Thanks for pointing that out.
Well… at this point I could continue to hypothesize reasons for this type of exercise, or I could just stop here. I choose to just stop here. :slight_smile:

[quote]Professor X wrote:

I’ve seen that one too, only it was an obese man and woman both using THE SAME WEIGHT (the 10lbs dumbbells) and doing super slow movements with their eyes locked on each other. I couldn’t tell whether this was a true exercise or some attempt at meditation. Neither of them ever broke a sweat so I am opting for the latter.[/quote]

Perhaps some sort of mating ritual…

That’s from the Paul Chek Functional Volleyball Manual, duh.

The frown is hilarious!!!

[quote]RagingBull wrote:
Instead of describing the insanity to you, I’ve attached a crude paintbrush example.

If this isn’t the most ridiculous exercise you’ve ever seen in the gym, I’d like to hear what was![/quote]

The beauty of that movement is the way it mimics actions in real life.

I want to add it to my training but I can’t decide whether it is something for my upper or lower day.

Kudos on the diagram too.