Most Pull-Ups Ever Banged Out?

24 chinups in the middle of my workout at a bw of 177. Pullups, most I have attempted is 22 at my current bw!!!

[quote]gi2eg wrote:
Form varies so much its hard to compare over the internet (I think this was behind the sarcastic responses)[/quote]

yeah I question the form when I see words like “banged out”

Yeah this thread is still stupid but they like it so good for them.

Ever 23@215 before I dislocated my shoulder. 18 a week ago, and for some odd reason I could only get out 10 Sunday, but I did 2 sets of 10@208 now.

We have a ‘pullup challenge’ at Catalyst. We’re graced with a 11’ set of monkey bars. The challenge is to do a pullup on each bar, then swing to the next. The record is twice through the length of the rack without stopping, and doing 2 pullups at each end (pullup, turn around, pullup.)
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4958355503826584666&hl=en

In USMC boot camp I did 38 but once I got to the fleet no need to do more than 20…No I do weighted pull ups…

7 or 8, at 275+lb

15 at 285 lbs. been kind of concentrating on them though.

Now thats impressive, 15 at 285, pullups are awesome for increasing back mass

I have been using the Cybex assisted chin machine for some time now. I could barely bang out 5 with all the weight on it 7 months ago. Now I am able to bang out 5 @ bodyweight and then work in the routine I have developed with it, rows and shrugs.

BTW: It was 5 @ 320 bodyweight not weighted. (Though I guess that was weighted enough)

10 sets of 10 pullups will seriously make you move up a shirt size in a month.(of course in combination with rows and deadlifts)

[quote]steel_12 wrote:
10 sets of 10 pullups will seriously make you move up a shirt size in a month.(of course in combination with rows and deadlifts)[/quote]

Yeah that sounds serious.

My number 30.

Whats crazy though that her prime my girlfriend did 22 at about 145 lbs. Even more ridiculous is that she doesn’t even seem to think that this is impressive.

20… at 209 lbs.

The most I’ve down is…Over 9000!!!

I did 7 at 320 morning weight a few months ago

I can probably still do it but I dont train chinups, fuck them im to heavy for that shit.

[quote]Catalyst Fitness wrote:
We have a ‘pullup challenge’ at Catalyst. We’re graced with a 11’ set of monkey bars. The challenge is to do a pullup on each bar, then swing to the next. The record is twice through the length of the rack without stopping, and doing 2 pullups at each end (pullup, turn around, pullup.)
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4958355503826584666&hl=en [/quote]

This thread is pointless but that is acctually pretty cool.

When I was in 5th grade, a tiny Asian girl in my class did 46 pullups during our PE exam. She probably only weighed 50 pounds but it was still incredible.

[quote]Rippemanewone wrote:
Now thats impressive, 15 at 285, pullups are awesome for increasing back mass[/quote]

thanks, They’ve really done wonders for my bench press too, in terms of getting more lats in the movement

[quote]Mega Newb wrote:

I can probably still do it but I dont train chinups, fuck them im to heavy for that shit.[/quote]

That is what I used to think. There is a tremendous pay-off though when one starts at such a heavy weight. The more weight you lose the easier it becomes. That is a given. At that weight you are pulling up more than what many guys end up strapping on in order to stimulate growth. I highly recommend that you stick with it, even if it is just once a week. You will receive an exponential rate of growth in strength is not size as well.

Best of luck.

[quote]ASNAC wrote:
Mega Newb wrote:

I can probably still do it but I dont train chinups, fuck them im to heavy for that shit.

That is what I used to think. There is a tremendous pay-off though when one starts at such a heavy weight. The more weight you lose the easier it becomes. That is a given. At that weight you are pulling up more than what many guys end up strapping on in order to stimulate growth. I highly recommend that you stick with it, even if it is just once a week. You will receive an exponential rate of growth in strength is not size as well.

Best of luck. [/quote]

Agreed. Well said.