Most Pain You've Ever Experienced

Dislocated hip from skiing 8 years ago. Similarly, the worst pain during this ordeal was the paramedic examining me in the ambulance (after it had been out for 2 hours or so already). He looked down at my hip/abdomen and saw something poking out, so he pushed on it with his finger. Turns out it was the head of my femur, and when he pushed it, it slid around to the back of my pelvis. At this point he tells me, pretty convincingly, that I had a shattered pelvis, so I broke down and started crying. I’ve never been so happy to get to a hospital. One IV push of Dilaudid and a correct diagnosis later, and I was feeling a lot better.

Broken neck or heart-attack. If I had to pick one I’d probably go through the heart-attack again since at least then the pain was over in less than a week.

Ruptured appendix on Feb 2 was the worst thing I’ve ever been through.

Severe food poisoning over the course of a few days. I thought I was going to die, and SERIOUSLY said to a friend of mine over the phone, “this is it, I am going to die.”

I went to the bathroom sixteen times in one night and was so dehydrated and had such a high fever that I sweat just existing and had to go to the emergency room. The stomach pain I experienced at times was intolerable.

I got appendicitis when I was 40. Same experience after the surgery. I can’t figure out how women handle the C-sections at all.

Kidney stone after eating Tums like candy when I was pregnant.

I’ve experienced natural childbirth with 24 hours of labor and 3 hours of pushing. The kidney stone was worse.

My most painful thing was reading this.
Yikes! That buckling inward thing. Fuck.

1 Like
  1. Severe food poisoning is pretty bad. Especially because the pain/discomfort lasted for 5 days. I think the culprit was a spinach and feta sausage roll.

2. Getting a titanium screw screwed into my jaw was pretty bad. Got this done for a tooth implant.

3. I have been unable to move for 2-3 days due to lower back pain.

tweet

First time I watched Aliens. The pain was exquisite. Cenobites wouldn’t be able to administer anything remotely close.

runs and hides

does not count,because you went and did it twice… LOL

I got Spartan kicked in the balls when I was 13. I limped around for about 3 days. Im surprised they didn’t get taken out and put in a jar.

WTF, was it an accident??

bet you did not let some one do it to you again

My sister (she was 11) did that to me when we were fighting. I remember I was going to tackle her and she just kicked me as hard as she could in the nuts. It got so bad I had to go to the doctor.

Funny story, the last time someone tried to do that to me I snapped, picked them up, and threw them like a sack of potatoes.

Peritonitis due to a perforated viscera. The surgery involved removing, cleaning, and reattaching both kidneys, liver, and spleen.

Mine seems kinda small compared to some of these. But, rehab on my knee after surgery was by far the worse pain. My knee would only bend a few degrees because of the scar tissue(at first. Each time it would improve a little). They would lay me on my stomach, put there hands on my hamstring just above the knee, and my foot on their shoulder. Then they would have to use a lot of force to break the scar tissue up, just move it 5-10 degrees. This was done for several sets.(can’t really remember). After this my lower leg would be hung off the edge of the bed right above the knee and a weight would be hung from my ankle until gravity finally had my leg straight again. The following day I would have to go back in and get the fluid that built up from this drained out. It would fill up two containers sometimes a little more sometimes a little less. The containers were about the size of a red bull can but around 150% the length.

There’s some quite horrendous sounding experiences. Makes my own pain sound so easy. Even though the disease really almost killed me I’m very, very happy that I have not puked my gut out or have not been in a surgery where all my insestines were taken out.

GI pain is definitely the worst type for me. I don’t have the greatest GI tract, so that has been a bitch at times…

For trauma, I’d have to say accidentally knocking an improperly-racked (by someone else) 90lbs DB off the rack was the worst. Especially since the first place it contacted another surface was with my big toe, which was safely encased in highly protective Chucks. No idea how I didn’t break that toe. Thanks milk and vit D supplementation?

When I was nine or ten I had to have a couple of cavities filled, but the syringe full of anesthetic didn’t work. Knowing this, the sadistic bastard dentist still went through with the procedure since my folks weren’t in the room. The splitting pain from feeling that drill bore a hole into my teeth over what felt like hours was torturous, and pretty traumatizing. Nearly twenty years later my heart still races at the dentist’s office.

But I’d still take that LONG before that drain cleaner thing. Jesus.

I had a kidney stone once. That was a week in agony, not being able to move without screaming in pain. I never though I would experience pain on that lvl again.
That was until i had some fluid extracted from my spinal cord. It took less than 5 minutes but nothing compares. It was the most intense horrific pain that cant be described. I literally bend the bed bars which I was holding on to and even though I tried not to scream I yelled out profanity like my life depended on it. Fainted just as they finished.