Most Pain You've Endured?

Appendix burst inside of me after waiting 12 hours in the emergency room for the staff to decide whether it was my appendix or not. Then the doc left me unstitched, so I spent the summer with an open abdomen.

Took the whole summer to heal because granulated skin cells healed on the outside rather than inside of the wound, leaving an opening clear through. Doctor has to take 3 nitrate sticks and stab me through the hole in the wound to kill all the cells healing improperly. Wasn’t allowed to allowed to do any physical activity for about 2 months.

The second half of the story was more a nuisance, but while the appendix was bursting is the only time I had a black out from pain.

Still prefer it to a cow kick in the face I think though…

I gave birth to an 8lb baby, with a 3rd degree episiotomy that required 12 stitches.
I also broke my floating ribs falling flat on my face from about 9 feet in the air attempting a ski jump at Blackcomb. The imprint of the lace and underwire of my bra took a few weeks to fade away.
The pain of broken ribs lasted longer, but the baby hurt way more.

Broke a rib from coughing so hard when I had pneumonia bronchitis and adenovirus, was coughing for 2 straight weeks giving myself bloody noses daily, finally was thrown into a hospital where I broke the rib (I think, fever of 104.7). Ended up with lungs so fucked up I couldn’t breathe or move for 2-3 weeks without help, and was on IV’s and oxygen for 2. Bleh.

I remember walking to the bathroom and just blacked out and smashed my face on concrete, and layed there for like 10 minutes before someone realized I wasn’t fucking off.

I’ve been shot twice, which was not a big deal since it was my upper forearm and calf.

The worst had to be my right femur out of the socket in a car accident. They shot me up with demerol, wrapped my leg in a couple of twisted up sheets and 2 big male nurses popped it back in. Still felt like a shot of lightning through the demerol.

I popped my right shoulder out of the socket a few summers back in a frisbee collision. I puked right on the spot from the pain. Another trip to the ER got it back in.

Run of the mill things like a broken leg, ribs, fingers etc and not nearly as bad by comparison.

BG

One off pain, 12 inch drain tube ripped out of my neck by a nurse, she thought it was only s small one, didnt stop bleeding for 2 days, still got the indent.

Longer painful period, stomach feeding tube put into stomach which hurt when pain killers wore off but then it got infected and stomach acid was burning the tract of the wound. It looked like i had a cold coming out of the hole in my stomach and I couldnt bend myself up to get out of bed.

I have a bullet lodged in the upper part of my back from a shooting in 92.

But this is the worst pain I have ever Endured. The shooting just felt like getting hit with a hot rock.

I was driving a tent spike with a sledge - one of the big-rental-circus-tent things - and it popped out of the ground and hit below my knee. They said I turned sheet white. First thing I said was to reset the spike and I finished the job. When I did squats later that day it swelled up larger than my knee. Ended up with a bone bruise and cracked bone.

It hurt pretty bad a couple of days later. The pain was worse a few weeks later when I was bush-whacking up a rock glacier in a hail storm and I thought my Achilles tendon was going to snap in half. Leaving me three miles from my truck and twenty mile from the nearest town. It was worth it, say a ptarmigan.

I have had two headaches that did bring the idea of death as relief to mind.

Impacted wisdom teeth removal and two hand surgeries without anesthetic (it does not work on me) is up there.

The worst pain was when I fell through a cat-walk. The floor wasn’t properly secured and had popped up in front of me. Unfortunately I couldn’t see the problem. I stepped on that spot and that section shot out from under me like a bullet (according to guy that got hit in the groin by it).

I hit the guard rail on the way down and come to rest hanging half way through the floor with my right leg at a 90 degree angle to the rest of me. I was knocked out before my body even stopped moving. Woke up to someone screaming like they had been shot. The screamer was me. The left side of my body was bruised from hip to shoulder (and I was laying on it).

Hurt like hell to breath. My right lower leg was thought to be broken until X-Ray’s showed otherwise. Ended up having a nasty “bruise” on the bone (left a permanent bump about the size of a half dollar on my shin) and couldn’t walk for almost a week. The worst was having to climb out of the hole, and then back down another cat-walk to get first aid.

The next worse is a toss up between kidney stones and Facet strains. Had 2 of the former and 3 of the latter. Needless to say I love me some good narcotics.

Mowed a patch of poison ivy and had a terrible reaction.

Had it all over my right leg. Skin turned black and peeled off. Had to get steroid/allergy/antibiotic shots. Couldnâ??t wear long pants or shoes for weeks. The skin on the back of my knee and ankle are scared from it.

Iâ??d take broken bones or dislocations before Iâ??d go through it again.

I don’t really have any intense pain stories that don’t make me sound like a pussy lol.
Worst pain- trying to get out of bed after my first 9 hour day standing at my new job. I had to crawl up the stairs because I kept seeing stars just standing. Luckily Ive had the job for 4 months so its gotten better.

I read every reply to Celtics’ callout of CB. Took a few days to recover.

I had to borrow a condom from my roommate who I guess has a small dick, because that condom fucking squeezed the shit outta my lil guy…hurts.

-WHen I torqued my sacrum a few years back,… couldn’t get out of bed, couldn’t lay still in bed very long without agonizing pain, couldn’t sit on the toilet more than a couple of minutes without agonizing pain, couldn’t bend over to tie my shoes… basically hurt pretty damn badly, almost constantly for a month, even with serious pain meds.

-Got something lodged in my esophagus, and in order to check it out, the ER docs put a bendable-wire-type camera (trying to give a visual here) up my nose, so they could snake it down the back of my throat and check things out… oh, did I mention I was completely conscious, sitting up and trying not to move the whole time?

-When I was in grad school, a new girlfriend asked me to get ‘checked’, so wanting to be the good boyfriend I went in to the local Health Center. When they asked what I needed checked, I said “whatever, check me for everything!” Little did I know how painful administering some of those ‘swabs’ would be!

S

Wall of Flame hot wings. 1 ingredient off from mace. No taste just pain. You have to sign a waiver to eat them. 20 wings in 20 minutes with only one drink. If you succeed you get you picture on the wall. Eating them was painful, shitting was painful, but rubbing my eye with hot sauce on my hand? That was bashing head against the wall painful.

When I was 8 I got my foot ran over by a forklift…and of course he had to run it back the other way to get it off…ouch.

Two months later, while I was still in a cast I got the chicken pox…when the cast came off there was pencil marks up and down my leg from trying to scratch!!

Oh and I labored and gave birth to both my kids w/o pain meds…the broken ankle hurt more.

The day before She Say and I were leaving for our honeymoon I go to the doctor because I was having trouble fully emptying my bladder…dude does a cystoscopy that involves pushing a tube up my dick and then pumping water into my bladder until I tell him my bladder feels full…this took roughly 20 minutes…my urethra (the inside of my dick) hurt beyond belief the entire honeymoon…of course we had sex and I had pain meds, but anytime I came was like fire shooting through my cock…peeing hurt really, really, really bad also omg…have since found out this doctor was fucking insane.

Fractured my left arm a few years ago. My initial reaction was to pull it so it straightens out, and it did a little bit. It started hurting like a bitch about 15-20 minutes in and this old shaman…YES SHAMAN fucking pulled my arm without warning to try his crazy methods…

Needless to say, it didn’t work and I got it wrapped with fiber glass from a doctor. The bone healed up but my arm looks like an S now and I’m cautious about benching heavy, just in case it might snap on me again.

Ive broke bones, been stabbed, and when I was a kid I grabbed a hot mufler on a car but the worst pain I ever felt was when my impacted wisdom tooth became infected, steady streams of pain for over a week befor I could get some meds.

This one time, some chick deleted my World of Warcraft account…

was squatting with 5 midgets hanging off each side of the bar, balanced on two who were deadlifitng, ACL ripped and we all hit the deck.