Most Overrated Movies of All Time

[quote]Anonymity wrote:

[quote]MattyXL wrote:
boondock saints[/quote]

x2[/quote]

X500000000000000000000000000000000000000

• Infinite

I actually get angry when people start raving about it because it is one of the biggest pieces of shit I’ve ever seen. I need to stop writing because I’m getting all fired up just thinking about it.

The Hurt Locker. Best Picture?? Really?

Inception- Pretencious

Godsford Park-I tried watching it three different times and I fell asleep each time. And I wasn’t even tired to begin with!!!

Wall E This movie was garbage… literally

Brodcast News- I dont even know what to say. It’s just really bad.

300 was waaaaaaaay overrated.

LOL I knew that would get a rise out of some…

ONE FUCKING THOUSAND!

Wheres my free toaster.

1.) The Big Lebowski: An amusing movie, some great lines and characters, DO NOT understand the cult appeal…
2.) Taxi Driver: Again, not a bad movie, just not good enough to justify every frat kid to having a Travis Bickle poster in their room IMO
3.) The Godfather: Couldn’t stand this one. IMO Goodfellas destroys it in every conceivable way.
4.) Memento: I understood it just fine after the first viewing…and found it boring.

Another person agreeing with me about the Godfather, we are not alone! Goodfellas 100% agree with…I found Memento just annoying

DONNIE DARKO

Avatar (Fucking that Pocahontas + smurfs ripoff, and to hell with that director. Re-releasing in theaters with “Special unseen clips”. greedy D bag.)

Donnie Darko (OMG you’re emo, you must be so brooding and Deep. Cool, a bunny dude…awesome)

The new Willy wonka (fuck you johnny depp for pissing on the classic. How dare you turn a misunderstood genius into a Botox having retarded with daddy issues. “but Akuma, its more like the book,” then fuck the book too. Gene Wilder = Willy wonka. There is no substitution possible there). You know, ANYTHING with johnny depp honestly. The only thing i liked him in was Pirates. I love how people claim he was great in Edward Scissors hands…ya, you know the movie where he kept a blank face and didnt talk the whole time. Wow, amazing.

Matrix trilogy- I mean, it was definitely an interesting concept, and had a lot of cool points. but hell, Keanu Reeves had the personality of a tree stump and the emotional responses to boot. You couldnt have found a better actor to be “the one?”

Napoleon Dynamite- I dont see how anyone likes this. I honestly dont. at all…

Rocky Horror Picture Show- Transvestites eh…cool story bro…no really, yea you’re good…have fun.

I dunno, thats all i got off the top of my head.

[quote]Stength4life wrote:

[quote]Anonymity wrote:

[quote]MattyXL wrote:
boondock saints[/quote]

x2[/quote]

X500000000000000000000000000000000000000

• Infinite

I actually get angry when people start raving about it because it is one of the biggest pieces of shit I’ve ever seen. I need to stop writing because I’m getting all fired up just thinking about it.

The Hurt Locker. Best Picture?? Really?

Inception- Pretencious

Godsford Park-I tried watching it three different times and I fell asleep each time. And I wasn’t even tired to begin with!!!

Wall E This movie was garbage… literally

Brodcast News- I dont even know what to say. It’s just really bad.[/quote]

Agreed on the Boondock Saints. Wasn’t a piece of shit but definitely over-rated.
Avatar was just Dances With Wolves. Only went to see it for the awesome effects.

But Inception, pretentious…? That description just baffles and amuses me…

And Wall-E was great. Just another fun kids film that adults can enjoy just as much.

Can’t believe so many people hating on Forrest Gump though. Gotta be one of my faves…

[quote]Akuma01 wrote:
Avatar (Fucking that Pocahontas + smurfs ripoff, and to hell with that director. Re-releasing in theaters with “Special unseen clips”. greedy D bag.)

Donnie Darko (OMG you’re emo, you must be so brooding and Deep. Cool, a bunny dude…awesome)

The new Willy wonka (fuck you johnny depp for pissing on the classic. How dare you turn a misunderstood genius into a Botox having retarded with daddy issues. “but Akuma, its more like the book,” then fuck the book too. Gene Wilder = Willy wonka. There is no substitution possible there). You know, ANYTHING with johnny depp honestly. The only thing i liked him in was Pirates. I love how people claim he was great in Edward Scissors hands…ya, you know the movie where he kept a blank face and didnt talk the whole time. Wow, amazing.

Matrix trilogy- I mean, it was definitely an interesting concept, and had a lot of cool points. but hell, Keanu Reeves had the personality of a tree stump and the emotional responses to boot. You couldnt have found a better actor to be “the one?”

Rocky Horror Picture Show- Transvestites eh…cool story bro…no really, yea you’re good…have fun.

[/quote]

I finally fucking agree with someone, lol

And goodfella’s was CERTAINLY better than the godfather, but the godfather is still a classic.

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]Akuma01 wrote:

[/quote]

And goodfella’s was CERTAINLY better than the godfather, but the godfather is still a classic.[/quote]

OFc you do CB, its cuz im right and you arent retarded lol.

[quote]Akuma01 wrote:

[/quote]

And goodfella’s was CERTAINLY better than the godfather, but the godfather is still a classic.[/quote]

IN ALL YOUR EFFING DREAMS was Goodfellas better than the Godfather. Both were well made classics. But the Godfather was THE SHIT. Sunny being lit up like broadway at the toll booth. Sunny beating the shit out of his sisters husband with at garbage can lid.

I will say The Godfather was more of a suspense power play movie than a straight up gangster flick. While Goodfellas was more on the real day in day out of a street mobster of the time.

DAMNIT am I going to have to start a thread on this GF vs GF hate hahahahahahahahahah

[quote]four60 wrote:
Rain Man (Tom Cruise was a dick through that whole flick)[/quote]

I was going to raise my hand in protest, then I realised you were spot on with your Tom Cruise statement. I also fixed your text, hope that was okay. Carry on.

1. I didn’t like Titanic or Training Day.
  2. I was trying to appreciate Hurt Locker, but disappointed with all the hype surrounding it. Maybe I should have watched it before it won an Oscar.
  3. Primal Fear - I was told by so many how good this was, and I was sorely disappointed. If you’re going to recommend a film, don’t tell me there is a twist.

After the first time I watched Scarface it puts me right to sleep if I try to watch it again. Such a slow boring movie

The problem I have with Tom Cruise is he plays the same type of character in every film he’s in. You can play a game with it (ie, 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon). Example: Top Gun: cocky pilot. Cocktail: cocky bartender. All the right moves: cocky high school football player. So on and so forth.

[quote]XanderBuilt wrote:

1. I didn’t like Titanic or Training Day.
  2. I was trying to appreciate Hurt Locker, but disappointed with all the hype surrounding it. Maybe I should have watched it before it won an Oscar.
  3. Primal Fear - I was told by so many how good this was, and I was sorely disappointed. If you’re going to recommend a film, don’t tell me there is a twist.[/quote]

You can put a planet through the holes in Primal Fear’s plot. If things work that way, every criminal will fake a split personality like a get out of jail free card. Judges do not decide on medical matters. They can at the most refer that person to a psychiatrist.

I saw Primal fear when I was 19 years old and thought it was awesome. I saw it again with my gf last year and thought it was utter BS.

It’s a Wonderful Life
Lord of the Rings
Donnie Darko

Reservoir Dogs

Le fabuleux destin d’Amélie Poulin, french movie, for those who had the pain of seeing it.

That’s why you don’t watch french movie.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]four60 wrote:

[quote]four60 wrote:

[quote]MattyXL wrote:

[quote]four60 wrote:

The Breakfast Club (waa waa waa, stfu)[/quote]

I lol’ed hard…

And I loved the Wrestler, blasphemy. [/quote]

Yes the wrestler WTF…a whole lot to do about nothing![/quote]

Never seen the Wrestler, And BEANSSSS your new AVATAR ROCKS!!![/quote]

Thanks, I was impressed by the pic myself.

SPOILER

The movie was really really sad. The man kept making the same stupid decisions over and over. He was his own worst enemy and ruined every good thing that ever happened to him (outside of his career, which got fucked up too.) And as he got older and really started to figure out that your life isn’t defined by partying on weekends, and what you do for a living, but by HOW you live your life and being a better person, he STILL can’t make the right choices.

The open ended ending was irrelevant. Dead or alive, he had already lost everything he ever had, ruined anything good in his life, and any hope of finding love and happiness was gone. [/quote]

WTF…was this sent over to the Taliban. Did this replace Waterboarding. Why would someone watch that. The only 2 people I know of that should see movies like this are Bill Gate and Oprah. Because they are so rich and happy they need this kind of shyt to bring them down to earth so they won’t spend all day diving into there money pit and paying kids to run around town and hit the lesser rich over the head with ripe oranges.
[/quote]

I took it as a story of an individual who craved glory at the expense of all else. Glory that seemingly only youth could provide. When he reached the point in his life where he had to deal with things beyond his powers, it forced him to look in the mirror and at his mistakes. In the end, he realized that having lost everything, he still had a chance at the one thing that sustained his existence - glory. It didn’t matter what he learned along the way. There was nothing to apply it to - nothing to correct. And like CB said, life or death at the end was irrelevant. THIS was his moment of glory.[/quote]

The Wrestler was hard and uncomfortable to watch, but it was a great fucking flick (especially if you know much about Mickey Rourke’s history). It is a story about a man who lives his life on his own terms–terms that most people would not understand–but he has to pay a horrible price to do so. In the end, he was clearly willing to sacrifice everything that most people would consider important in life to live and ultimately die on his own terms. That is why the movie is so hard to watch and also why it is so compelling.