Most Multi-Vitamins No Good

This is an interesting article on Multi-Vitamins.

Consumerlab.com found that only 10 of the 21 tested vitamins were as stated on the bottle.

Sleazy parmaceutical companies not meeting label claims? Sheesh, I’m shocked…

ConsumerLab.com selected more than 20 brands of multivitamins to be tested by independent laboratories. Here’s a partial list of how some of them fared:

Multivitamins that met standards:

? Centrum Silver
? Member’s Mark Complete Multi
? One A Day Women’s
? Flinstones Complete

Those that failed:

? The Vitamin Shoppe Multivitamins Especially for women: Contaminated with lead
? Hero Nutritionals Yummi Bears: Had twice the labeled amount of vitamin A
? Nature’s Plus Especially Yours for Women: Took twice as long as allowed to disintegrate
? AARP Maturity Formula: Took nearly twice as long as allowed to disintegrate
? Eniva VIBE: Had only 54 percent of claimed vitamin A
? Pet-Tabs Complete Daily Vitamin-Mineral Supplement for Dogs: Contained lead

Wow, LEAD in the Vitamin Shoppe’s women’s multi?? Fuuuuck. I’m never buying a Vitamin Shoppe brand product again!

Since the article said they tested 21 products, I wish they would’ve listed all 21 of them, for goodness sake, and explained which ones passed and which ones failed.

[quote]Damici wrote:
Wow, LEAD in the Vitamin Shoppe’s women’s multi?? Fuuuuck. I’m never buying a Vitamin Shoppe brand product again![/quote]

This is why I only buy Biotest supps. It’s worth the extra money to not have to worry about whether I’m ingesting lead.

Most supplement companies are scum.

I’m hoping that Universal sticks to their claims with Animal Pak, I know more than a few members here use it.

[quote]Carbon-12 wrote:
I’m hoping that Universal sticks to their claims with Animal Pak, I know more than a few members here use it.[/quote]

I hate to sound like an ad, but that is the first multi I ever took and the only one I’ll ever take. If you don’t think it works, don’t take it for a few days and try to workout. Then take animal pak in the morning and work out at night so it gets into your system. I notice a huge difference, I’ve never worked out without animal pak since I started taking it.

I do have to say though, I’m not too impressed with the animal nitro. It may be because I only took one pack a day (2 packs are considered a serving), but I didn’t really see any results.

[quote]CaliforniaLaw wrote:
Damici wrote:
Wow, LEAD in the Vitamin Shoppe’s women’s multi?? Fuuuuck. I’m never buying a Vitamin Shoppe brand product again!

This is why I only buy Biotest supps. It’s worth the extra money to not have to worry about whether I’m ingesting lead.

Most supplement companies are scum.[/quote]

I wish Biotest would offer a multi-vit. Mainly because it’s the only thing I have to buy elsewhere. Such inconvenience!

Biotest … where’s our Multi-V???