Most Interesting People You Know

[quote]chinadoll wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Schwarzfahrer wrote:

chinadoll wrote:
A friend of mine whos a 40 year old virgin. Sexy, handsome, wonderful person, loves beautiful women…but still a virgin.

Well chinadoll, as a friend you should do something about it.

For real. Some friend she is.

Hey!
[/quote]

Sorry Chinadoll,I have to agree with them, come on seriously its for a good cause plus you must know someone that will sleep with the poor guy, hell being a 40 yearold virgin is harsh, everyone needs some form of physical and emotional contact, not to mention the phycological effects of never having anyone want you a sexual being.
Loneliness is also a real killer, if you think he’s fine with being a virgin, I have to say he is either has ice in his veins or is great actor.

As for the most interesting person I have known, there are several but the most interesting would have been my mother, she was a lay fransican nun ( they can marry and have kids) spoke 8 languages, fougth the Nazi’s as a teenager And was the last Head of my family a rare honor for a woman and held the position so well that it will take centuries befor someone can truely fill her lengendary shoe’s
Fluffy

The most interesting person i’ve ever met was a survivor of a german concentration camp. He was imprisioned because of his religous beliefs, despite being a german citizen. He describes the water treatment he recieved on day one of his internment.
Being forced to stand bare foot in freezing cold water while soldiers would spray him with cold water from hoses. After several hours he was allowed to go to the barracks. The next day he was hung by his wrists w/ his arms behind his back. This lasted several hours as well. He said there were worse things, but he declined to talk about them.

When i think about the fact that he could have been released at any time, simply by signing a document renouncing his religous beliefs. To him this was unthinkable. So he spent 9 years in concentration camps, separated from his wife.

Even after suffering all of that. He was a warm caring and humble man. He held no animosity toward the individuals or the government who did this to him. He remained devoted to his wife and his ministry until his death.

That kind of strength. I wish and hope that i have a fraction of it.

[quote]nephorm wrote:
APE. wrote:
Mr.Walker, (english prof.)you could hand him any book an turn it upside down and too the right, (every word becomes backwards an upside down) an he could read it as if reading as plainly a book as possible.

While I’m sure Mr. Walker is an extraordinary person… can’t everyone do that?[/quote]

I believe so. Now, if he could read the book when it’s face down…

DB

My Granddad was a very interesting man. He took 3 bullets in WW2 on separate occasions and was patched up and sent back to the front on each occasion. He also saw his best friend blown in half during D-Day and lost most of his other friends during the course of the war.

Yet after all this he held no grudge against the regular German soldiers, he even visited them in POW camps during his periods of convalescence and took them to the pub and footy games when the war finished.

Despite being haunted and traumatised for the rest of his life he went on to father 9 children and always kept a sense of humour.

The quirkiest person I know is a family acquaintance who is the last surviving trained hangman in Britain.

He was an understudy and assistant to the hangman at the Nuremberg Trials, Master Sergeant John C. Woods. He says that the job was “very rewarding”.