Most Interesting People You Know

I’m curious to know who are some of the most interesting/oddest people that you know.

I’ll start off with a few of my own:

-a devout Mormon who is also a kleptomaniac

-a black man, born and raised in Bed Stuy, Brooklyn, who hates basketball -yet works for the NBA.

-an Irish Catholic turned Muslim

-a Marine Special Force Recon sniper

So, who do you know?

A teacher who just retired from my high school. He was an awesome guy, close to my family. He was a certified scuba diver worldwide, a photographer, carpenter (he taught my brothers and I in shop class.)

Overall one of the nicest guys I know.

A chick who lifts weights. FREEWEIGHTS. No joke.

Brock Lesnar.

A friend of mine who worked for the Medical Examiner in a large continental U.S. city. Has also had other similar funky jobs. Love his stories. I also think if his IQ were tested, he’d be well into the genius range, but loves to be seen as a slacker.

A heart transplant doctor who loves to listen to Elvis Presley, who’s also an excellent cardiothoracic surgeon. His sense of humor cracks me up.

A friend of mine whos a 40 year old virgin. Sexy, handsome, wonderful person, loves beautiful women…but still a virgin.

An Emergency RN who has M.S. and still works very hard. I believe her extremely optemistic, positive attitude is key to keeping her well.

My mom. She has autoimmune disease but works her tail off- including volunteer work- and I find this an inspiration. Despite that she has full blown symptoms, I can’t keep up with her and never will be able to.

My girlfriend who’s been a paraplegic since her young adulthood. She’s so self-actualized, that most people forget she’s even in a wheelchair. She’s one of the physically most beautiful women I’ve seen, but her inner beauty far surpasses that.

My great-uncle Rocco De Turi who came from Italy.

He came here poor as a young man in 1930 and apprenticed making furniture. He volunteered in the glider project during World War II and was testing fighter gliders around Balboa Park. His engineering skills had him sent to Alamagordo Air Force Base.

At the testing of the H-bomb he was in the passthrough of a landed B-52 and got trapped in the belly of the plane during the shockwaves and was claustrophobic that day forward.

He bought 3 race horses as a hobby but each one died on the track and he quit and set up a retirement farm for race horses.

He set up a program around San Diego that plants jacaranda trees for people who have died in memory of my aunt because it was her favorite tree.

He broke his ankle skateboarding at the age of 85. He passed away last year, 5 years and one day after the death of my great-aunt.

A Dr.McFadden (ped’s cardiac surgeon) whose such a huge guy, 7+ foot tall an each hand big enough to hold a newborn child in, which he oppertates on their small delicate frames…he looks clumsy as hell but quite a steady hand when it comes to surgery.

Mr.Walker, (english prof.)you could hand him any book an turn it upside down and too the right, (every word becomes backwards an upside down) an he could read it as if reading as plainly a book as possible.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
A teacher who just retired from my high school. He was an awesome guy, close to my family. He was a certified scuba diver worldwide, a photographer, carpenter (he taught my brothers and I in shop class.)

Overall one of the nicest guys I know.[/quote]

Oh, this guy… I forgot. Hes one of something like 26 civilians in the US who has been awarded a purple heart.

Oh, a kid I worked with over the summer. Hes Argentinian, and is currently sailing around the world.

Hes 22, has a family and 3 dogs back in Argentina. He has friends that he still keeps in touch with VIA email when hes on land.

He worked with me at the kayak shop this summer. He is one of the most natural people in the water I’ve ever seen. He was able to roll a kayak (pretty damn hard) in 5 minutes. This was also the second time he had been kayaking. I, on the other hand, took 2 summers of kayaking, then about a month of practicing rolling to finally get it.

He’s leaving NY October 16th, when hurricane season ends. He’s sailing for two years, then is finally ending back up in Argentina. Plus, whenever he speaks its funny with the accent. :slight_smile:

My Great-grandma… she died suddenly at age 105, and when i say suddenly i mean she wasnt sick or withering away or anything. This lady still cooked AMAZING itlaian meals, could tell off my grandfather like nobody’s business haha and up until the year she died she’d be dancing around Baby Got Back at her birthday party we’d throw for her every year :slight_smile:

one of the coolest/ most interesting people ive ever known

My uncle stole a panther from the circus. Someone working there owed him money.

No, I’m not kidding

[quote]saavedra wrote:

No, I’m not kidding[/quote]

If that’s true, it’s an awesome story!
What did he do with it? Did he fed it with milk?

A pal is a psychiatrist as well as a tatoo artist (has his own tatoo parlour). I see him now only once a year, and then we hit the woods, do some grueling cardio and talk about boxing.

[quote]APE. wrote:
Mr.Walker, (english prof.)you could hand him any book an turn it upside down and too the right, (every word becomes backwards an upside down) an he could read it as if reading as plainly a book as possible. [/quote]

While I’m sure Mr. Walker is an extraordinary person… can’t everyone do that?

[quote]Schwarzfahrer wrote:
saavedra wrote:

No, I’m not kidding

If that’s true, it’s an awesome story!
What did he do with it? Did he fed it with milk?[/quote]

It’s true. I only met him once so I don’t really know much more detail.

[quote]chinadoll wrote:
A friend of mine whos a 40 year old virgin. Sexy, handsome, wonderful person, loves beautiful women…but still a virgin.[/quote]

:frowning:

Well chinadoll, as a friend you should do something about it.

[quote]Schwarzfahrer wrote:

chinadoll wrote:
A friend of mine whos a 40 year old virgin. Sexy, handsome, wonderful person, loves beautiful women…but still a virgin.

Well chinadoll, as a friend you should do something about it.[/quote]

For real. Some friend she is.

Wow, my initial post didn’t com across as I thought it did. I was more interested in people who have odd personality quirks, like my kleptomaniac Mormon friend …but these are some pretty good posts!

I love the panther story, funny stuff.

You wouldn’t believe the stories I can tell about my crazy uncle, but I won’t- I intend to write a screenplay about his life one of these days, and I can’t give away the best stories.

Ideally the film would star Robert DeNiro, whom my uncle resembles. They’re also the same age.

In fact, once I write the screenplay, I think I’m going to bring it directly to DeNiro’s offices here in NYC and try to bypass all that Hollywood bullshit.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Schwarzfahrer wrote:

chinadoll wrote:

Well chinadoll, as a friend you should do something about it.

For real. Some friend she is.[/quote]

Hey!

My grandad stormed the beaches on D-day, killed a german solider with fork (he speaks about it with such humor too), Got shot in the foot but carried on for a week with out telling his CO, went on to have 11 children 1 of which was my mum, still gives me ?10 each christmas.

My great uncle was a U-boat captain, he was sunk twice, was a japanese PoW. Survived an explosion at an bomb factory (in which many of his friends died). After which he went on to build childrens wooden toys which he still does now.

The moral of the story is sometimes actually listen to old peoples stories!