Most Impressive Squat of All Time?

I never really understood that until I started squatting more. Once you have over 500 on the bar the walkout seems to take more energy than the squat itself.

Well, boxing is also in the shitter.

BTW does anyone still believe that Olympic athletes are not on?

Walking it out and setting it up is more difficult than the squat itself IMO. At our gym, we know several lifters who can squat 7 mono but have trouble walking out and setting up anything over 5.

For total fairness, we should also have different records based off how many steps guys take to walk out the lift. A 2 step walkout is WAY harder than a 1 step.

3 Likes

At least boxing was big at one time, and even still there is plenty of money in it. Look at what Mayweather and Pacquiao and those guys get paid for one fight.

I donā€™t think that all Olympic athletes are on something, but plenty for sure. They get tested out of competition all the time so unless their country is covering for them itā€™s very hard to beat the test. WADA makes you piss in a cup in front of someone, with your pants down and shirt up, plus they take blood samples. It would be nearly impossible to consistently beat tests without some sort of corruption.

On Tuesday I did a 615 walkout overload, it was harder than anything I have ever squatted. Iā€™m competing on April 29th and they are using a monolift at the meet but I have never squatted out of a monolift so Iā€™m still going to walk it out. I can totally see why some guys like Blaine Sumner and Mike Tuchscherer use two step walkouts, barely clearing the rack. Save as much energy as possible for the lift.

How can you walk out in one step? You would have to be in a lunge position to unrack it.

No no, 1 step per foot. Itā€™s like counting reps with uni-lateral movements.

1 Like

Is this some kind of joke?

No, the joke is a slingshot division.

2 Likes

I dunno man, I hate benching and low bar squats, but Iā€™m excited as hell for Westside vs The World. I also really enjoyed Power Unlimited. I just really like strength to be honest.

Donā€™t forget raw with straps deadlift.

Thatā€™s why itā€™s Westside vs. The World, guys like you two are the enemy.

A raw lifter, single ply lifter and multiply lifter walkout a barā€¦

9 Likes

Ok, now Iā€™m sure this isnā€™t for real.

Not a powerlifter, but this is best squat Iā€™ve ever seen. So smooth for 400kg!

That was impressive. Clarence Kennedyā€™s squats are impressive for depth, weight used, his body weight, and he pauses them too! Going for carryover for weightlifting, but uses some very heavy weight.

I think we should also strongly consider different records for bench press set with a hand off versus ones done where you unrack it yourself.

3 Likes

I think a pistol squat is probably the most impressive squat.

3 Likes

Or how about a strongman comp where you get extra points for not hitching your deadlifts?