T Nation

Most Effective Training Program of...

Hi!

I just read that Chad Waterbury’s Anti-Bodybuilding Hypertrophy (ABBH) was voted the most effective training program of 2003.

Anyone who know which programs was voted most effective 2004-now?

I would like to see pictures of everybody that voted.

[quote]jstreet0204 wrote:
I would like to see pictures of everybody that voted.[/quote]

Ooooooooooh, nice one. (me too)

What is this with the best program out there? That’s impossible as there is no one program that will be the best (yes, it has been said many times, but I guess it needs to be repeated).

Who were the voters?

[quote]warsoe wrote:
Hi!

I just read that Chad Waterbury’s Anti-Bodybuilding Hypertrophy (ABBH) was voted the most effective training program of Friday, September 17th, 2003, 2:34pm.

Anyone who know which programs was voted most effective 2004-now?[/quote]

There, I fixed it for ya.

what would you wise guys then recommend?

[quote]warsoe wrote:
what would you wise guys then recommend?[/quote]

What are your goals?

[quote]warsoe wrote:
what would you wise guys then recommend?[/quote]

They’re giving you are hard time because it’s common fact that almost every program is “effective”, and that there is no holy grail program that rises above the rest as most effective.

Luckily here you have lots of options:

Traditional split (1-2 muscle groups a session)
ABBH (as you mentioned)
5x5 (there are tons of variations)
Westside for skinny bastards
Max-OT
Ripptoe’s various programs

There are probably more, but thats the extent of my advice, given I’m still fairly new to the game. Maybe others can comment on their experiences with different programs.

Just like ab-power said, there are tons of effective programs. Go to the authors section and try Christian Thibaudeau and Chad Waterbury, there are tons of programs by both of those guys. A program that works good for one person doesn’t mean that it will work as well for another person. I personally find that mixing up training methods is good for ME.

My best results-producing programs are as follows in no particular order;

  1. Madcow 5x5 Linear Version.
  2. DoggCrapp
  3. WSFSB
  4. Super Squats (20 rep squat routine)
  5. Chest/Delts/Tris and Legs/Back/Biceps upper/lower split on a Mon-Wed-Fri rotation.

[quote]derek wrote:
My best results-producing programs are as follows in no particular order;

  1. Madcow 5x5 Linear Version.
  2. DoggCrapp
  3. WSFSB
  4. Super Squats (20 rep squat routine)
  5. Chest/Delts/Tris and Legs/Back/Biceps upper/lower split on a Mon-Wed-Fri rotation.[/quote]

The best result-producing programs is basically dependant on what your trying to accomplish and a mixture of necessary effort and subsequent recovery (optimal nutrition, rest, supplementation)