Most Effective Exercises

if you guys (experienced lifters) could recommend about 5-6 execises for gaining strength and mass, which ones would that be and how many sets and reps would you recommend doing (Strength and mass)?..and how often?
thanks

Why limit yourself to just 5-6 exercises? Makes no sense.

Squat / Deadlift
Bent-over Rows
Chin-ups
Bench-press
Military Press

There are loads of articles all over the place that will help you out. One method that has worked for alot of guys is westside.

I follow a westside template, and strength gains have gone through the roof in the past month or so.

Stick to basic compound exercises like; becnh press, squat, good morning, dead lift, bent row, chins, and dips.

Rep ranges can vary from who you talk to, but the range that I USE, and that have worked the best for me are between 3-8.

Try for yourself and see where you make the most progress.

[quote]Philly wrote:
if you guys (experienced lifters) could recommend about 5-6 execises for gaining strength and mass, which ones would that be and how many sets and reps would you recommend doing (Strength and mass)?..and how often?
thanks[/quote]

Here are 3 you may have heard of: squat/deadlift/press. Read the articles on the site. It aint rocket science.

Squat
Deadlift
Push Press
Bench
Dips
Chins
Close Grip Press

I am a big fan of staying in the 24-30 rep range for an exercise: 3x8, 4x6, 6x4, 5x5, 3x10, and/or 1x15 and then 1x10.

Of course this is just a template. I tend to follow this but much of my workout is based on how I’m feeling on that particular day. It’s good to have a an idea of what you want to do but don’t follow it blindly.

~Nick

[quote]Misterhamper wrote:
Why limit yourself to just 5-6 exercises? Makes no sense.

Squat / Deadlift
Bent-over Rows
Chin-ups
Bench-press
Military Press[/quote]

Same picks here