T Nation

Most Devastating Show Kill Offs (Spoilers)

[quote]xXSeraphimXx wrote:
Criminal Minds- Hotchners wife. Not a main character but, she was killed while he listened on the phone.
[/quote]

So sad. I bawled my eyes out.

[quote]Freaky_Frankie wrote:
Criminal Minds - Emily Prentis, although they hinted and later confirmed in later episodes that she faked her death. Not sure if this counts or not.
[/quote]

This was just a cruel plot. It infuriated me how they (the writers) could just leave her whole team hanging like that and thinking she was dead.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
Lem from the Shield.
[/quote]
x a billion

We’re discussing deaths on The Wire without re-mourning Stringer Bell??

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:
We’re discussing deaths on The Wire without re-mourning Stringer Bell??

[/quote]

Problem with his death is you actually kind of wanted him to die and the fact that it was Omar and Brother muzone was a cool aspect of that as well.

[quote]Hell-Billy wrote:

1. That one character from the first book and season of Game of Thrones who i will not name.
  2. Dale from the walking dead.
  3. Kate Todd from NCIS

Honoorable mentions from other media

Videogames
1.Dominic Santiago- gears of war 3
2.John Marston- red dead redemption
3. Deckard Cain- Diablo 3

Comics

1. Detective Hartigan-sin city
  2. Marv-Sin City

Literature

1. Beowulf
  2. A couple of guy from 1 on tv’s close family members.- A storm of swords

[/quote]

Can’t wait to see the Red Wedding on Game of Thrones. I was in total disbelief when I read it.

Deckard was sad, too. I mean, you knew him from the first two games… so a bit over a decade.

I would like to add:

-Bloodwing and Roland from Borderlands 2, even though this is for TV shows.
-Amy and Rory from Doctor Who. Not because I was sad, but because it was crappy. The Statue of Liberty Weeping Angel was bullshit, too.

I was not ready for Stringer to die. Which is what made it such a powerful event and what made the show what it was.

Pussy from Sopranos

1. When Buffy was killed off.
  2. When Angel was killed off.
  3. When Spike was killed off.
    Honerable mention; When Darla was killed off.

[quote]on edge wrote:

Honerable mention; When Darla was killed off.[/quote]

You mean Buffy the show?

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:
I was not ready for Stringer to die. Which is what made it such a powerful event and what made the show what it was.[/quote]

For me Stringer getting killed was one of the more satisfying events in that show. I will say the fact that a female actually “gets” and enjoyed “The Wire” will turn this thread into SAMA really quick.

This episode pissed me off. Spartacus: Blood and Sand for those wondering

Chris from the Sopranos - not so much that he died, but more so that Tony was the one to kill him. Up til that point, Tony was still likable IMO, but him killing his nephew/cousin/whatever Chris was to him was the line for me.

[quote]Eazy wrote:

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:
I was not ready for Stringer to die. Which is what made it such a powerful event and what made the show what it was.[/quote]

For me Stringer getting killed was one of the more satisfying events in that show. I will say the fact that a female actually “gets” and enjoyed “The Wire” will turn this thread into SAMA really quick.
[/quote]

SAMA? How so?

Omar and Stringer in The Wire.

Most of my favourite characters in the Game Of Thrones book/movie series get all killed off. Won’t say their names to avoid spoilers.

Jack Bauer.

Andy Whitfield’s friend dying in Spartacus by his own hand was horrible.

It nearly made me cry.

Blithe dying/shot/ in band of brothers.

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:

[quote]Eazy wrote:

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:

[/quote]

SAMA? How so?[/quote]

It was a joke, i would definitely find it to be an attractive quality in a female i guess is what i was trying to say.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:

[quote]on edge wrote:

You mean Buffy the show? [/quote]

No no no no. Not when the show ended. Buffy was killed and then came back (twice). Angel was killed (at Buffy’s hands) and came back. Spike was killed, actually on the final episode of Buffy then came back on Angel. Darla was killed then came back. Darla was soooo sexy.

[quote]on edge wrote:

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:

[quote]on edge wrote:

You mean Buffy the show? [/quote]

No no no no. Not when the show ended. Buffy was killed and then came back (twice). Angel was killed (at Buffy’s hands) and came back. Spike was killed, actually on the final episode of Buffy then came back on Angel. Darla was killed then came back. Darla was soooo sexy.[/quote]

K, just checkin. cause in the end she was alive.

:frowning:

Lieutenant Colonel Henry Blake from M.A.S.H

Coach from Cheers