Most Brutal Music For Powerlifting

Stuff I listen when training:

Classics like Slayer

and Metallica

But also newer music like Behemoth

Deicide

Illdisposed (danish death metal band)

Black Sabbath

I haven’t been listening to metal for more than a few years. I fully understand people who think that “it’s just noise” - No it’s not. Your mental capacity/focus/stamina is just lacking. It takes a while to get used to (just as it takes some stamina to listen to a full opera). Stuff like Meshuggah still has too much going on before I can stand listening to it. I saw them live last week though and it was great.

I am wating for them to come back to the USA. Seeing Meshuggah live is on my bucket list.

Plenty of Amon Amarth already but not my fav:

Not exactly brutal, but these are my two go-to-songs when I need to cowboy up for that last set of deadlifts I really don’t want to do.

Blood for Blood, - Ain’t Like You

Hatebreed - I Will Be Heard

I had to listen to the slayer cassette tapes my friend made me on the bus for a whole week before I “got it” back in freshman year of high school. I was curious and liked the fast guitar, but my ears needed to be conditioned.

I love anything Metallica, Ozzy/Black Sabbath, Pantera, ect.

This is pretty good too though

P.s 1:57 - 2:18 of this song I could break any PR :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh damn… Haven’t even heard of these guys until just now but this is awesome, so very awesome.

im surprised there isnt a lot of lamb of god and hatebreed on here. ESPECIALLY lamb of god. their shit is insane.

Great thread

LAMB OF GOD! yes!

[quote]Matsa wrote:
Oh damn… Haven’t even heard of these guys until just now but this is awesome, so very awesome.

I just bought the one and only CD they had on Amazon.com. This band is fucking incredible. Thank you for finding this.

[quote]StormTheBeach wrote:

[quote]Matsa wrote:

I just bought the one and only CD they had on Amazon.com. This band is fucking incredible. Thank you for finding this.[/quote]

Agreed, amazing band. Thanks for finding this.

Storm, great thread. Iam always looking for stuff to put on my Ipod. If anyone hasn’t mentioned it I have heard some August Burns Red, it’s not bad at all.

BB

I love playing this song before a max attempt. The intro makes me wanna smash shit.

[quote]inkaddict wrote:
I love playing this song before a max attempt. The intro makes me wanna smash shit.

Dude this song… fuckkkkk when I heard it for the first time a while ago it shred my world… All that remains are so under-rated!

Yeah Diluted, they’re pretty brutal. Blasted them last night as a matter of fact

\m/

lol chimaira is so much better than all that remains.