Most Brutal Music For Powerlifting

[quote]Matsa wrote:
It’s from an album named Sol Niger Within, some side project Fredrik did called Throdendal’s Special Defects.[/quote]

Bump just because I found the whole album on youtube, everyone who likes Meshuggah should take a look at this. There’s some really weird shit on this album but the guitars and drums are even more extreme than in most Meshuggah stuff so that’s pretty cool.

Not only is this brutal as shit, it also has a beautiful melody… Tosin Abasi is ont of the most underrated guitarists of all time:

More… and try not to let your face melt all over the keyboard:

Emmure is dropping a new album March 22 (I think), here is a new song:

Emmure - Demons With Ryu

Pretty sick if you ask me! I’m getting this the day it comes out :smiley:

BEST THREAD ever…needed some new stuff.

Here’s a few top picks:

[quote]StormTheBeach wrote:
Not only is this brutal as shit, it also has a beautiful melody… Tosin Abasi is ont of the most underrated guitarists of all time:

[/quote]
Agreed. My brother actually built a kick ass custom 8-string for him. Not the one you see in the video, but if you catch him playing a wood body 8 string that resembles a whale, with red pickups, and a (I believe) light flame maple neck, that’s it.

Dude can shred insanity, but also throw down just beautifully clean melody’s as well.

Tosin’s custom 8

Duuuuuude! My mate showed me this band like a month ago… My mind shattered when I saw this vid! So epic!

[quote]unstable wrote:
BEST THREAD ever…needed some new stuff.

[/quote]

Spheres of Madness = Fucking Awesome

Also:

Oh man. I LOVE this thread! I PR to Meshuggah all the time.

I’m gonna post some music up in this thread later :slight_smile:

Lately I’ve been hitting good numbers with KMFDM’s WWIII album. Good stuff on there. Of course, Mayhem’s Live in Leipzig album still gets decent play in my car on the way to the gym

Justin Beiber, nothing more brutal than hearing five seconds of that. Makes you want to slaughter the whole maternity ward and eat the babies before a workout… wait… that may make me sound a bit psychotic…

[quote]majik wrote:
Justin Beiber, nothing more brutal than hearing five seconds of that. Makes you want to slaughter the whole maternity ward and eat the babies before a workout… wait… that may make me sound a bit psychotic… [/quote]

Nah, not just you. Every time I hear that kid’s name I want to bite a puppy’s head off

Some good stuff in here.

Super heavy and tech. Way before their time.

You’re not a fan of heavy music unless you like this

One of the better modern hardcore bands

Awesome grind. Great riffage.

Brutal. Amazing musicians. This whole album is sweet.

boris!

this one’s not as brutal, but it’s awesome.

Tosin Abasi is far from underrated all the Deathcore/Metalcore/“Djent” kids worship him

For the Bieber fans… who knew?

Gets me sooo pumped

Hey guys, I’m a long time lurker, but saw this thread and had to sign up.

I saw some High On Fire and Bathory mentioned, but I thought we could use more.

High On Fire-Hung Drawn and Quartered. Kick ass drum intro.

Bathory-Baptized in Fire and Ice

I love starting my workouts with these:
More Mastodon-Crusher Destroyer

Goatwhore-Apocalyptic Havoc

I was bitten by the metal bug a little over 2 years ago when I discovered Maiden. Actually, that is about the time I started seriously lifting. I started exploring more bands and genres from there. Listening to metal and lifting are some of the wisest choices I’ve ever made.

A little old school but still good.