T Nation

Most Beneficial Program for Losing Fat

There are so many workouts and different training philosophies on here that I'm not sure which 1 would be the most beneficial? I'm 25 years old, 220lbs & have trained seriously for the last 3 years. I've shed a 100lbs but after 2 injuries (full recover & don't inhibit me from training hard) I have gained back close to 30lbs. The routines I used were the 3 day full body workouts by Chad Waterbury and a push pull workout twice a week plus 2 circuit days. As of the last 3 months I have found my drive in the gym coming to a halt and haven't been eating as clean as I used too. I realize nutrition will have to be in check and I need to make great leaps there to really see a benefit.

I've been reading this forum for the last few years but this is the 1st time I have posted anything. I look forward to bettering myself and learning everything I can from my fellow TNation members!

I've had success with Germany Body Comp (GBC) in the past.

losing BF% depends on diet first and foremost, however higher workload (more sets X reps, shorter rest periods, lighter weight obviously) may help. Also, have a look into complexes

V-Diet

@ XanderBuilt, thanks I will make sure to research that program!

@Petrichor, yeah my diet needs to get an overhaul, I'm going to start a log on here so I can truly see what I'm consuming every day!

@ Cprimero, I've taken a look at the diet but unfortunately am in a mental rut and don't have the mentality to actually commit to that diet.

Take a look at Destroying Fat.

http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/destroying_fat_war_room_strategies_to_maximize_fat_loss

Bro thanks so much!!! This is the article I've been looking for, it was very effective in the past but forgot all the details.

general advice:the best advice i can give you, is to "eat the minimum amount that enables you to train with the highest intensity"

training advice:my training is simple but tough:-
deadlift 3*5
squat 3*5
clean&press 5*3
bar rows(or you can substitute it with weighted pullups)
bench press(you can substitute it with weighted dips)

diet advice:i newly started the 100g of carbs a day and i like it.
good luck

I only agree with two of those. Diet is EVERYTHING. You are in caloric deficit, so it's actually time to REDUCE volume while switching to bigger compound movements so you can maintain strength and be efficient with what you are eating. Shorter rest periods are a must, but why lighten the weight? Lift the heaviest weight possible, as it's the most metabolically challenging. I'm guessing you've never had to really go on an extended cut. I might be completely wrong, but those are the people on these forums who will typically just throw out something like complexes having never tried them themselves, because they've read how good they are for conditioning.

Doing Day 1 of the Fat Loss program and am psyched!! 100 carb also seems great to give me a simple bench mark of carbs I should be consuming! http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/destroying_fat_war_room_strategies_to_maximize_fat_loss

This is by FAR my favorite method for fat loss. Very well thought out and very good results.