Most Beautiful Song You've Heard?

Thanks for sharing OP, that is a great song.

I also have to agree with Hallelujah by Jeff Buckley

I would like to add Promontory by Randy Edelman and Trevor Jones (original music from Last of the Mohicans soundtrack). There are no beautiful words but you can imagine your own with the beautiful music.

bending the rules here with 2 picks, but also Rise Again by Dallas Holm

This song by the Red Hot Chili Peppers is one of my very very favorites. It starts out a little slow when you first hear it, but trust me it gets good. The guitar solos fit the lyrics perfectly.

I also love how it is so raw. Too many songs these days are all buffed and polished in the studio, but songs like this have that ‘imperfection’ quality.

When I first heard the guitar solo at about 2:00, I remember getting goosebumps and thinking, “That is the fucking greatest guitar solo I have ever heard in my life.”
Then I heard the one at 3:20.

Pachelbel’s Canon in D Major. I don’t think you can like or appreciate music without liking this piece.

Ok now’s the time for some real music.
No lyrics, just the magic of a piano, a bass, drums and one melody.

‘My Foolish Heart’ A jazz balade performed by the Gene Harris Trio.

unfortunately I’m not digging the OP song

the best answers for me are

“American Tune” - Paul Simon

haunting.

“Duncan”- Paul Simon (need the right live version though, Paul Simon is phenomenal live). Slip Sliding Away and others are great too.

“Candle in the Wind” - Elton John

I highly recommend listening to these songs if you haven’t heard them. The live versions are also very good, can be found easily on youtube, look for the old ones from 1970s with only Paul Simon.

I’m sure there are a bunch I’m forgetting but this is off the top of my head.

for all you sappy romantics out there…the name of the song says it all

[quote]hoosegow wrote:
Pachelbel’s Canon in D Major. I don’t think you can like or appreciate music without liking this piece.

Shit, can’t believe I forgot that one.

Speaking of Elizabeth Fraser, here’s my pick:

Massive Attack-Teardrop

Dangerzone.

Best. Song. Ever.

[quote]rudilerm wrote:

Des’ree - Kissing you

[/quote]

Definately! That song was playing when my hubby popped the question… :slight_smile:

I have one.

Angel’s Son by SEVENDUST(but I think it’s a cover song.)

Donny Hathaway, A Song For You

The Hammer Has Fallen by Sabaton.

[quote]ktennies wrote:
This song by the Red Hot Chili Peppers is one of my very very favorites. It starts out a little slow when you first hear it, but trust me it gets good. The guitar solos fit the lyrics perfectly.

I also love how it is so raw. Too many songs these days are all buffed and polished in the studio, but songs like this have that ‘imperfection’ quality.

When I first heard the guitar solo at about 2:00, I remember getting goosebumps and thinking, “That is the fucking greatest guitar solo I have ever heard in my life.”
Then I heard the one at 3:20.

I knew what song you were talking about before I clicked the link, and you’re right about it. It’s one of my favorites too.

The Fuck Shop and Dick Almighty by 2 Live Crew :wink:

Metallica has a few songs that really do it for me:

Ride the Lightning was my favorite song for a long time. I’ll never forget the first time I listened to the album and the guitar solo came on. I was totally blown away, adrenaline pumping and everything. It was the first time I’d ever gotten that from a song before:

What would this thread be without the hungarian suicide song?

Bjork - Gloomy Sunday

Sunday is gloomy, the hours are slumberless
Dearest of shadows I live with are numberless
Little white flowers will never awaken you
Not where the dark coach of sorrow has taken you
Angels have no thought of ever returning you
Would they be angry if I thought of joining you?

Gloomy Sunday

Gloomy sunday, with shadows I spend it all
My heart and I have decided to end it all
Soon there’ll be prayers and candles are lit, I know
Let them not weep, let them know,that I’m glad to go

Death is a dream, for in death I’m caressing you
With the last breath of my soul, I’ll be blessing you

Gloomy Sunday

Dreaming
I was only dreaming
I awake and I find you asleep and deep in my heart
Dear…
Darling, I hope that my dream hasn’t haunted you
My heart is telling you how much I wanted you

Gloomy Sunday
It’s absolutely gloomy sunday
Gloomy Sunday

[quote]mom-in-MD wrote:

Angel’s Son by SEVENDUST(but I think it’s a cover song.)

[/quote]

This is a great song! It’s from the tribute album for the leader singer of Snot after he died. I had the album back in the day and there are a lot of different artists and cool songs on it. I remember I would tune into the top 10 countdown on my local rock station so I could hear this song before I finally go the cd. Thanks for posting it.

[quote]hoosegow wrote:

Completely agreed.

Some of my favs -

“Hands” - Nickel Creek. Haunting melody, beautiful voice.

“Fear You Won’t Fall” - Joshua Radin. AMAZING harmony. Excuse the strange Grey’s Anatomy vid, but it’s seriously awesome.

my immortal

Richard Marx - Hazard