Most Annoying Person in the Gym Award

1st post! I lift at home now, but recently I was down at our local college weight room and wouldnt ya know it, 6 guys come in off the b-ball court to feed their egos and ask the girls volleyball team if their abs are “the shit”, and then continue to admire eachothers bodies for an hour. And on an added note, I never minded the volleyball team.

muslhed

Floggin’ the dog!! LMAO I’ve got a real naassty image in my head…

We have a guy I call “the cable guy”. He does two things that just make me cry laughing. He is about 6’ and all of 135ibs. He takes the lat pull down bar and sets up to do tricep extensions…he then does a 180 degree turn…at high speed and lunges with the bar over his head. He uses all of about 70 ibs. and screams for each rep. Next he does cable crossovers…using about 40ibs. He takes the cables and walks to the middle of the gym with them and then does about a 4in. range of motion.

Any man that smells like a dumpster, that makes excessive noise, thinks he’s hardcore because he is strong when really he’s just a fatso, and makes fun of others in any way.

Jayvbee is my hero.

LMAO. I want to thank you guys for reminding me why I joined Curves. I was starting to get twangs of guilt for being a sell-out, but these posts bring up some really good reasons why I left New York Sports Club (a “REAL” gym).

I’ve had only one annoyance so far at my new ‘gym’. We always have a monitor/spotter watching everyone on the circuit to ensure proper form and answer questions, etc. So there is one lady who’s really pretty nice, friendly, helpful…

I’m in the stretching area after my workout and I’m reading some business cards on the bulletin board while I stretch. I see she’s got a business card posted for…get this…selling trays of homemade cookies. WTF? Problem is, I really liked her until I saw that. Sheesh.

Ok this woman takes the cake in my gym at home. I don’t really find her annoying, but she must be a total nutcase. One day while doing weighted chins with a fair amount of weight, this 35+ year old woman comes into the gym, where there is me, my training partner, and a local cop working out. Anyway she gets dressed up in her full body spandix, comes out of the locker room and starts talking and giggiling to herself. Then she comes over to me in mid set, leans against the power cage (since that’s the only place to do chins/pullups there) bats her eyelashes, and says “I find it so amazing that you can even do that” then she walks off giggiling, and continues to talk to herself, and hit on all 3 of us for next 45min while struting around doing maybe 3-4 sets total of leg curls. MAn it was hilarious, I had to keep going in the locker room just to keep from laughing in her face. The funny part though is that I probably would’ve railed on her if she wasn’t such a space cadet.

There’s always at least one person at my gym who thinks they look really tough if they do a bit of shadow-boxing in the free-weights area. Usually while standing in front of the mirror. Usually with a sideways glance every now and then to check out who saw them demolish that thin air. Come to speak of it, it’s usually one of those adolescent wannabe gangster types.

I actually believe I’m the most annoying person in our gym.

First of all, I have no patience for newbies or “resolutionists”, people who perform insane wee exercises on the lifting deck (and I have to often ask to move their ass so we can deadlift, squat or oly-lift), idiots who curl less than 100lbs in the squat rack, people who come up to us as we’re performing glute-ham raises and ask, “is that good for your abs?”, chicks who come up to me after I’ve just finished a heavy session of deads and ask me, “what do you do to look like that?” (like, “duh”), the guys who have to stand right next to me and announce how much they’re about to lift…not thinking that I can actually lift at least 10lbs MORE than them, and of course the least patience goes towards the so-called “trainers” of our gym. I have to admit though, they do provide me with much humor.

Yup, I’m definitely the most annoying person in our gym. :-))

Hmmm, most annoying person in my gym? I think his name is P-dog or something like that.He walks around with a boner and has the worst case of ear hair I’ve ever seen!

on the subject of people who consume far too much curry… Its not that they have poor self hygeine, its that they sweat the stuff, it literally comes out through their skin in their sweat, reguardless of whether or not they bathe.

I hate people who monolopize the one power rack in my gym for squats and in between sets stop to have a ten minute convseration, then when i go over there to change weights but i assume the asshole is done and just inconsiderate to not strip the bar, as soon as i begin to take off their weights “Hey dude im using that”

This is the funniest thread I’ve read in a while. My gym life seems pretty normal in comparison. I do have one little story though, happened last year. Some guy walks into the gym with an emptied milk gallon filled up with water and sets it down by the butterfly machine. He does one set of flys with every bit of weight the machine has, screaming with each rep and then proceeds to stand up and perform various Mr. O poses for a good 15-20 minutes into the mirror wall. Or longer. I’m pretty sure he was still posing when I left. The guy was huge and a couple of self-admiring mirror flexes would have been excusable but this guy was ridiculous. He no doubt got a bigger workout from the flexing than he did his “workout”.

I would like to add to my list:

Weird tai chi guy - I think this dude may be a little mentally challenged so I don’t openly make fun of him. But why the hell do you need to go to the gym to do that? He obviously thinks he looks cool. He doesn’t.

Talkers. Gotta be 4 or 5 of them. I swear they come just to socialize. They might attempt a set every 20 minutes or so.

Worse yet, they try to strike up conversation with me in the middle of a set.

Teenagers. I think they should be banned from the weightroom. All they do is f— off, and horseplay.

i just bumped up an old thread of mine from a couple of years ago entitled “gym freaks.” it deals with this very topic. i strongly urge you to read it. its a freaken classic!

A guy comes in the gym the other day with a cell phone that doubles as a radio and startes talking. This was distracting enough but when we gets done he sets down his phone and bag right next to the rack while I’m doing box squats. Right in the middle of a set the radio screams “Ted where you at?”. I got pissed picked up the phone turned it off and threw it and his bag to the other side of the room. He came looking for his bag and I told him it was pretty bad when a person can unplug from the world long enough to get a workout in(not that he was getting one in anyway!).

And oh yea if you are one of those guys who sit on the edge of the whirlpool naked while other people are in the tub…DON’T!! IT IS SICK!!!

this one woman that has been going the same gym for at least last 3 years is now fatter than she used to be, i have seen her on more than one occassion blow out a ciggarette stub seconds befoe she enters the gym,

and when she is in there she spends all her time literally talking and here and there does a a couple of sets of whatever, i mean do people realise they are literally chucking away ?300 quid for no reason!!!

lunatics!!!

Tokman:

That reminds me of this 250 lb chick I saw in my old gym. She got off the tradmill, produced a donut from God knows where and ate it.