T Nation

Morning Wood

This is sort of an embarrassing question but, I figure the people in this forum probably have the most knowledge about this. I’m 18 and a half, and I was thinking about it recently and I rarely get morning wood anymore. Maybe 1-2 times a week if that. Is this a reflection at all of ones test levels? and do I need to have mine checked?

No one can offer any info regarding this?

One of the telltale indicator of Low-T is lack in frequency of early morning erections and spontaneous erections. With lowered testosterone, not only do early morning erections disappear, but erectile performance, libido, and sexual thoughts though out the the day also take a hit. You can bring up your concerns with your doctor and they can check for conditions that might cause it if it’s really bothering you.

Testes-Based Conditions (Trauma, Testicular tumors, etc.), Pituitary/Hypothalamus-Based Conditions (Pituitary tumors), Genetically-Based Conditions (Klinefelter’s syndrome, Prader-Willi syndrome, etc.) But more the likely at your age it’s not Low-t.

[quote]jb13 wrote:
One of the telltale indicator of Low-T is lack in frequency of early morning erections and spontaneous erections. With lowered testosterone, not only do early morning erections disappear, but erectile performance, libido, and sexual thoughts though out the the day also take a hit. You can bring up your concerns with your doctor and they can check for conditions that might cause it if it’s really bothering you. Testes-Based Conditions (Trauma, Testicular tumors, etc.), Pituitary/Hypothalamus-Based Conditions (Pituitary tumors), Genetically-Based Conditions (Klinefelter’s syndrome, Prader-Willi syndrome, etc.) But more the likely at your age it’s not Low-t. [/quote]
So who would I go to to get tested? Just a regular doctor? and what if the doctor says no to a blood test? Even if I don’t have low test, I really would like to know for sure.

Any primary care physician would be the place to start.

Not having morning wood could be a symptom but its not definitive.
Some people just don’t get it as much as others just like some people are just horny and some not as much. Do you have any other symptoms of low t?
Yea start by skiing your primary care physician hell pony you in the right direction. The type of doctor that specializes in this kind of thing is called an endocrinologist.

I am 25 year old with low t. Was misdiagnosed as depression for some time. I am still trying to get on TRT and recently gave HCG a run, which ran mediocre results. I rarely get morning wood, maybe weak when I have to piss really bad about once a month, max. Really sad…

The only other symptoms I say I have is lethargy. But I don’t know if it’s a symptom of low T or being a teenager. I get really tired when I get home from school. About mid day I get the urge to take a nap, and if I don’t take a nap it goes away. I also don’t know if this is a symptom, but I’ve had a swollen lymph node in my groin area for a while and I’m not sick or anything.

Go to your doctor.