Morning Training

Anyone else here train in the morning before work?? I find I get my best training sessions when Im at the gym between 6-6:15am. Pound my body hard and then eat all fucking day!!

People are always recommending training sessions at about 6pm – but I cant have a good workout after a long ass day at work.

Also does anyone know what the hell that ‘pressed’ chicken breast shit is at Subway, A&W, etc. Does it have the protein amounts they claim??

I really like morning sessions, but prefer 8-9am. I can’t do this now, but when my work schedule switches up, I’ll go back to these times. As for chicken loaf, I basically think it is ground chicken compressed with some filler. I would just use the protein content that the brochure says. It’s probably pretty close with a couple grams.

I workout from 7 - 8 a.m. I like getting it done in the morning and it’s the only place I could fit it in my schedule (work, comute, wife kids, etc). I think you get used to training in the morning and it doesn’t become a big problem.

I’ve been doing AM workouts for years. I’m up at ~4:20, and lifting by 5:00. Took a little getting accustomed to, and there are days that a late night requires the workout to be slid a day, but it’s really the only time of day that I can be SURE it will get done. Maybe I’m not getting as much out of it by doing it so early, but the alternative of not getting the workout is just unacceptable to me.

Who needs to workout just each my vegetarian subs and do richard simmons lol jk dude…yeah working out in the morning is hands down the best…i am refreshed and ready to go…test levels are also highest in the morning so that amps the workout as well…plus i think if your looking for fat loss its best to workout or do cardio in morning on empty stomach…and yeah that chicken at subway is horrible…not the taste but the quality of it looks processed as hell…i dunno how good it is…they need to do a study on it…well later

Working out in the morning is great but working out in the morning on an empty stomach is probably the most catabolic thing you can do.

I work in a powerplant and work shifts. For 2 weeks I works days 6Am-to6PM then for 2weeks nights 6PMto6AM. I have been doing it since I was 17, I’m 37 now. For 2 weeks I get up at 3am and get to the gym for the next 2 weeks I
am at the gym at 3pm. - Its hard and sometimes I do not know if I am coming or going. What help me is to eat something before training and to get as much sleep as possible- although tough with the wife and kids demanding time also.

Hey…I too am up early, 4:15 A.M. and usually have my 2 cups of java and catch up on the t-mag forum posts and such. Workout is 5 A.M to 5:45 or 6:00 A.M.

Should I be slugging down a protein shake as soon as I get up? I want to keep the fat burning of working out on an empty stomach but maximize the lifting benefits.

I’ve been training at 7:30 am for six weeks now (I get up at six and follow Poliquin’s Ultimate Workout meal). Getting up that early is half the battle, but once you get going it’s actually rather invigorating. It is nice to get it out of the way too as sometimes I get off work and the last thing I want to do is hit the gym around 5:30-6 when it’s crowded as hell. Only a few seniors and soccer moms in the morning when I go and noone is ever using the racks. NIIICE!

Dudes, the only way to go is getting up at 1am, and working out from 2am till 4am. You get the entire gym to yourself! Of course, you have to be unemployed to do it.