More Women in Power?

It was in regard to chillain’s hypothetical, and his hunch re body count, so we are dealing with extremes. All I did was pose 3 choices. The first one is women will behave exactly like men(because that’s how power operates when push comes to shove), but still use male force of arms to achieve their goals.
The other 2 positions may not be incredibly too relevant to you, because you live in Asia, and feminism isn’t quite as bad as the west(yet). Whilst every woman doesn’t act that way here, a large and ever increasing proportion of them do.

It’s already here. I don’t care about the amount of loons on social media. I care about stupid policies enacted that emulate the West because we rely a lot on things like trade agreements, foreign investments, corporate expansion into the region and PR for tourism.

“… but I won’t be the one giving up any of my power to see that it happens” :laughing:

2 Likes

Aw… what a good little boy. So sweet.

We wouldn’t have any wars, everything would run so smoothly, and we would all stop being such big meanies to each other. We could even step it up a notch and stay home—not work, that is—and have them provision for us, fully, so they have all power.

Imagine what we could do with all that free time? Watch the kids, train for a triathlon, go tanning, trade stocks, go for brunch with other dudes. Maybe if we’re good boys all week mommy will take us out for our favorite cheat meal.

And think of it, it feels like we’re almost there. Just you wait, boyos. Think of all the goodies you’re gonna get.

2 Likes

I believe there are some in the growing infantalized male segment of the Anglosphere who want full-blown matriarchy. I theorize that this is so because many come from matriarchal and/or fatherless households, considering the amount of those sorts of households out there. Their mothers were their lifelines of survival. So validation in the form of female presence or company and sex becomes very important to them. And it appears this has magnified so much that guys like the one the OP spoke of suggest society being controlled by women at large.

But little do these sorts of guys understand or care to understand the enormous consequences of how this actual sexual Utopia is panning out, something even daring writers and scholars have factually written on, mostly the damage it has done to the family unit or no unit even being formed in the first place.

1 Like

It’s not just that. Empires or nations are established by conquest, which involves subjugation and violent force (including killing some people). Could an empire even be started in the first place solely by females considering this necessity?

There’s also a notion, expressed on this forum for years, that there would be less violence and war in this world if solely women were in charge (eg, the OP’s story in which the guy said “the world would be a better place”). This implies that powerful women are innately more humane than poweful men. Is there evidence of this?

H’mmm. None that were successful in a time of crisis that I can think of. Its easy to be compassionate in times of peace.
Angela Merkel’s compassion for 1 million “rapefugees”, sorry I meant refugees. Well that didn’t work out well for the female German citizens she was meant to be protecting.
Feminism was never really about helping “all” women.

What, in the name of Christ, are we even talking about? Usually I have to pay for admission to a museum to see shit this antiquated and backwards.

Merit: does anyone here honestly believe that all men in power - in any sphere of your choosing - are there on merit 100% of the time? All those dudes are just the smartest, strongest, most charismatic mother fuckers on the planet? Has nothing to do with going to the right prep school, dad knowing a politician, snuffing the right asses? Fuck outta here . . .

Weakness: is the assertion here that women are just predisposed to making weak, stupid decisions because they have the ability to bear children? How does this reason? What does any of this have to do with risk assessment, negotiation, and the host of other things that generally go with being in a leadership role? There seems to be a high correlation between low opinions of female leaders and low opinions of the current POTUS in this group. For those of you who fall into this bucket, I ask what, exactly, did being a man help POTUS do better during his time in office to date? Thank God he’s got a wiener or else the Afghanistan pullout could have gone really poorly. And let’s be real, the types of men who hold positions of power are rarely the eat-what-you-kill macho types anyway. Putin’s pretty good at judo and riding horses with his shirt off - anyone not currently living in Russia want to move there? That guy would seem to check a lot of boxes for you . . .

When someone says “more women in power”, I don’t hear feminism and I don’t hear “replace every man with a woman and things will be perfect”. What I hear is the radical notion that if we tapped into the other half of the population more frequently, we’d have access to more smart, capable people for the leadership roles on which we place so much importance.

5 Likes

I’m not sure I’m being addressed with this. However I don’t vote. And only being a man doesn’t make someone great.

It was intended generally and not to anyone in particular.

I think that women often make more conscientious employees.

But l wonder if that is because they are followers and seeking to please, combined with men having a natural aversion to being led - by women, wimpy men, even men who are good leaders.

You are embued with a can do, somewhat go it alone biology. I find it difficult to follow a man that is a good leader, much less a wimpy one or a woman.

1 Like

What do you mean by this?

It’s clear to me that men have much better judgment than women. Men and women reproduce with each other and thus it can be inferred that the average man today is the man that the average historical woman judged to be best. And vice versa the average woman is the woman that the average historical man judged to be best.

It’s clear that the average woman is a much better choice than the average man, so it is clear that men on average have much better judgment. No way I would put a woman in charge.

1 Like

I work in a small female dominated company. The owner and CEO is female and the management is mostly female.

While the company is profitable it is perhaps the worst run company I have ever been in.

The CEO does not care about employees. Lack of respect, meaningless pep talk, does not reply to emails when directed to her. There is an obvious sexism towards men in the company. Men are the best performers in the company still, but their skills are not counted for, because of lack of discipline from the male staff.

For example I got constantly criticised for being late, althoug I commute an hour and me being late is due to the increased traffic. I was criticised for apathy at work and was told I lack results. When I did my research about my sales performance I found out I was outperforming everyone in my department aporoximately 5 times. Confronting I asked for a rise and suggested moving to a home office to eliminate the other problems. Got the rise, but was refused to work from home.

Now the CEO is on my ass trying to criticise me for stupid shit, like how many smoke breaks I get.
I Get 3 while the rest get 2. However my 3 smoke breaks are shorter than anyone elses.

Management is abusive. Our sales manager is incompetent piece of female shit. Our department calls her the unsells manager. She is constantly getting outperformed by other sales, but her results are high due to the fact she has half the company clients. The CEO is so blind in her judgement about the sales manager. If she reduces her clients by half, the company will probably increase profits by 25%

My manager is a very diplomatic and nice lady. But she lacks the skillset of any of her team. She is a good team leader but really lacks competency in her work. She is in the management due to being a Yes man. Basically everyone in the management is a Yes Man.

Anyway during Covid the lack of planning and competency was exposed. Instead of cutting a database investment which costed a 1 year of profit for the company, the CEO cut staff and started tax evasion. For which she later suffered due to decreased government help she received. She still believes we will return to good old profitable days in 2022 and lacks any planning. Her marketing ideas are god awful.

After following the company profits I pushed her to return the bonuses of her staff with proof that we are performing just 25 % bellow 2019 results in the last quarter and there is no reason for us to not have bonuses. Did I Mention she cut performance bonuses as a Covid financial measure? How stupid is that?

Anyway at the moment she is ignoring givernment restrictions for COVID measures. We are supposed to work from home, yet we are not allowed. During the last outbreak, we had half the staff sick, with my manager being out of work for 2 months due to bad Covid. She invested an year of profit in a database which is godawful and slows down work, but allows her to follow our producivity, but is not letting us work from home.

So nope, more women in power does not mean anything better.

1 Like

I’d say just throwing women in will not get better outcomes.

But overtly or covertly keeping women out will get you worse outcomes.

My experience in my field is that women are as competent/incompetent as men and just as political so I’d expect about same outcome. In politics, there is a representation issue to consider so I would expect that to work better but is a rich white woman going to represent the interests of poor migrant women better than a rich white man? Hmmmm…

1 Like

I think society is going to evolve regardless of what we do. What we’re seeing now is an overcorrection due to societies being generally resistant to change. The more resistance we create such as more people moving to more extreme ends of both spectrums, the more dumb shit will happen as the peak gets higher, which is, as anyone who understands this shit would know, is a of result more and more irrationality, before it finally crashes and goes back to a higher baseline than before while the trend will still remain upwards.

Seriously, I’m not talking out of my ass here. Even moderate Muslim nations in the South Asian region have feminist movements which are slowly but steadily gaining traction. This shit is inevitable as society advances.

You make some good points. Definitely with the merit argument, esp in politics. It works the same way with women, eg Pelosi, or Hillary come to mind.

The problem is Biden chose Kamala Harris as a VP. She got there on her merits? Only if you consider being a POC and female merits. They usually aren’t but they ticked the boxes for intersectionality, rather than ability.
If he chose Tulsi Gabbard it might be a different story. That’s a women whose opinion I would happily listen too, and have a lot of faith with. She is open minded, sensible, and not a one eyed partisan, like Harris. She has what it takes for leadership. A combination of natural ability, and experience in the military. The problem is her positive points are negatives in climbing the ranks in a political party, she gets shoved to the rear by the more selfish, ego driven individuals.

In countries where female politicians seem to have more influence, Scandanavia, and Spain come to mind. Heavily skewed unrealistic, and unfair policies and laws are enacted. In Spain a women just has to report her male partner, for even the slightest form of disrespect, and he is arrested, for domestic violence.No questions asked and is assumed guilty unless found innocent at trial, several years later, after being kicked out of his own home, losing access to his children. I don’t believe false accusations are punished either. The offense can be something as innocuous as farting in their presence, if the intention was to offend. Hard to believe. Look into it you will be surprised.
These stupid sex based laws just didn’t exist before women entered politics.

1 Like

That’s nothing. You should see the unbelievably stupid shit that’s happened in S.E Asia that even the most “woke” people in the Western world probably would never have anticipated.

Hint: look up the current president in a tiny little country in the region.

Is that tiny little country also a city state?

1 Like

Would you even believe me if I simply told you shit like that actually happened without anything to validate my story lol?