More Trouble Than I Am Worth: Chaos Is The Plan (T3hPwnisher Log)

Got in a 1.5 mile walk w/50lb weighted vest after a dinner of grassfed sirloin, grainfed flat iron steak and some egg whites.

6 Likes

Holy sh*t

8 Likes

AM WORKOUT (0330 natural wake up, snoozed until 0350) FASTED

PLAGUE OF STRENGTHā€™S ā€œFAMINEā€ ROUTINE: ā€œRAGNAROK IS HEREā€ Week 2, Workout 2 (Squats)

GIANT SET (Squat-row-abs), 60 second rests

SSB Squat
4x3x420
20x260 (miscalculated percentage), into 15x210

Viking row
6x20x75

Hanging leg raise
5xAMRAP (pretty much all triples)

SUPERSET (calves-quads) in a circuit

Calf raise
6x5x398lb

Leg extensions
3x25x65

OFF CAMERA

15 rounds, 90 seconds per round of

• 12 GHRs
  • 20 squats
  • 20 push ups
  • 10 swings w/24kg bell

BREAKFAST (2 scoops of Metabolic Drive w/2 egg whites, small piece of beef liver, lots of coffee)

Brisk 2 mile walk

Notes:

• This was an interesting workout. I woke up feeling pretty beat up and was fairly convinced that 420 on the SSB wasnā€™t gonna happen. I actually went to bed the night before wondering what I could do OTHER than 420 on the SSB to achieve the objective, and just came up blank. During warm-ups, I felt like hell. I actually took an overwarm, which is uncharacteristic of me, but everything was feeling heavy and I was worried about how Iā€™d respond to the worksets. Set 1 was ROUGH, but I was able to find myself as time went on, and eventually hit a pretty solid groove. Suddenly, 4 sets had passed, I move on to my deathset, came in with zero expectations, met them with 20 reps, and as I was racking the weight realized I had miscalculated: instead of 50% of 420, I put on 50% of 520. That felt great to know why my performance was so rough, and gave me incentive to get back after it. Stripped it down to 210 and really left it all out there. That felt pretty awesome.

• Viking rows continue to just be a fantastic movement.

• It was pretty amazing having absolutely nothing left in me when I got to the leg raises. This was just exhausting, and Iā€™m sure part of that is running off of protein shakes, egg whites and very lean cuts of steak.

• I did an extra set of calf raises for no particular reason: just lack of attention to detail. Meanwhile, I felt like the leg extensions worked better today. Just making them quick and pumpy was the right call.

• Completely abandoned the 3x25 construct for the hamstring work and just got after it with the circuit workout at the end. Itā€™s good enough and meets intent.

• That 180.6 on the scale is nuts, especially given I was 185.0 yesterday. Bodies are crazy. Thatā€™s also not a ā€œfirst thing in the morningā€, so thereā€™s a chance Iā€™m even lighter. Iā€™m stupidly lean. I keep saying ā€œanatomy chartā€ lean. Iā€™m seeing the socketry in my abdominals, veins are everywhere, full serratus, etc. And Iā€™m not suffering to get here. I had a pizza buffet on Saturday and 4 beef back ribs for lunch on Sunday, and 2 steaks last night for dinner. The last time I was this lean, I was absolutely miserable, suffering, and sacrificing. I am thriving here. And getting stronger. And happy. I canā€™t speak more highly of this experience.

• Taco Tuesday! I have deer meat mixed with turkey breast tacos at home, ready to go when I get off work. How awesome.

11 Likes

Tacos!

Got in a 1.5 mile walk with a 50lb vest

7 Likes

How do those egg white wraps taste? I see them at Walmart, but Iā€™ve never tried them. The idea seems very weird to me if Iā€™m being honest, but Iā€™m also not doing any wheat as per the velocity diet, and I could seriously go for some tacos lol

I enjoy them. They come in various flavors, so if you really wanna taco it up you could get the southwest variant

3 Likes

AM WORKOUT (0310 natural wake up, snooze until 0350) FASTED

PLAGUE OF STRENGTHā€™S ā€œFAMINEā€ ROUTINE: RAGNAROK IS HERE Week 2, Day 3 (bench)

Axle Bench Press touch and go w/rest pause
5+3+2+3x276

GIANT SET CIRCUIT (press-abs-curl) minimal rest between rounds

BtN Press
6xAMRAPx105 (forgot the 2 second lockout on the first two rounds, brought it back on remainder)

Hanging leg raise
5xAMRAP

Fat Gripz concentration curl
3x20x15
2x20x10

20 minutes of dips w/Tabata intervals
387 in 20 minutes, 400 total

END OF PROGRAM REQS

7 rounds in 28:10 of

• 43 squats
  • 43 push ups
  • 22 swings w/24kg bell
  • .28 mile run (run around my block)

Notes:

• There will always be a sirenā€™s call to return to Dogg Crapp, and with that will be the return to rest pause benching. I just plain canā€™t stand benching, and this morning I wanted to tear through my training because my work schedule was nuts, so this seemed like a good way to speed it up. I actually opened up with 300 for a VERY rough single. Iā€™m sure Iā€™m just exhausted from the combination of hard training, hard working, and living off of protein shakes. Soon the famine will end and the feast will resume. Just gonna ride this out.

• I want to celebrate how absolutely jacked I am. Great time for the heat to be turned up, because training shirtless is primal and Iā€™m a goddamn animal. In fact, Iā€™d go so far as to say a sexual tyrannosaurs.

• That circuit at the end was a ā€œget to yesā€ sorta moment. I didnā€™t manage the final run of the 7 rounds due to time constraints, but made up the missing distance by parking far away from work this morning.

• As a bit of full disclosure, part of the motivation for the famine is my kidā€™s birthday is going to actually kickoff the feast, and I am so excited to be in a headspace where I can legit just cut loose and have a blast with my kid. No being a martyr about birthday cake and meals: letā€™s bring on a day of nutritional debauchery. Iā€™ve learned that any cheat day ā€œdamageā€ can be undone with 1 day on the Velocity Diet, and 4 weeks of feasting will mean being jacked at the end of 2 weeks of Famine.

• Tang Soo Do tonight.

10 Likes

Your back just looks ridiculous in that YouTube cover picture. Jesus

1 Like

@atlas13 Thanks for that man! Always been my best feature.

Tang Soo Do was honestly a pretty solid workout. We did a drill where we jumped over an obstacle, roll fell, popped up and defended ourselves against an aggressor. I brought out some dirty boxing and Muay Thai for the in close work.

Dinner was 2 piedmontese grassfed jr hot dogs on egg wraps with shredded grassfed swiss, grassfed sour cream and topped with some piedmontese grassfed stir fry meat.

Also, @ChongLordUno featured me on his podcast. I had a blast participating.

8 Likes

And there it is

Feasting cannot come soon enough

6 Likes

AM WORKOUT (0350 wake up via alarm) FASTED

PLAGUE OF STRENGTHā€™S ā€œFAMINEā€ ROUTINE: RAGNAROK IS HERE Week 2, Workout 4

GIANT SET (Row-squat-abs-row): 30 seconds rest between rounds

Low handle trap bar rows
5x295
3x295
4x295
4x295

Front squats
6x4x258

Hanging leg raises
5xAMRAP

Low band row
4x20xLight band
2x20xLight band w/triple dropset using monster minis/mini bands

20 minutes of chins using Tabata protocol
153 total

Calf raise stripset
20x258
18x225
20x168
20x135
25xbodyweight

END OF PROGRAM REQS

15 rounds of EMOM

• 20 squats
  • 20 push ups
  • 10 swings w/24kg bell

2+ mile leisurely walk while talking on phone w/wife

Breakfast (2 scoops of metabolic drive mixed with 2 egg whites, 2 small pieces of beef liver)

Notes:

• I am absolutely exhausted. Work ops tempo has been nuts, the Tang Soo Do class yesterday was pretty dynamic, and that sub 180lb weigh in is testament to how much Iā€™m not eating. I actually had full intentions of gorging myself on hot dogs and sausages last night but hit satiety early in the meal, and am using that as my guide. Coming into this workout was more about holding on vs thriving. I actually hit some solid effort on the rows and the front squat weight was dialed in perfectly, but once I got to the chins I just plain did NOT want to be there. That rep total was better than I expected, but I was ready to quit SO many times, and knowing I was going to chase it with my post workout workout was grinding into me.

• Moving the walk to immediately post workout was pleasant, and Iā€™m sure burned off whatever small amount of glycogen I had left.

• Got a 4 day weekend coming my way, with in-laws in town and celebrating a family birthday, so the feast is rolling in soon enough.

• Video upload was having issues this morning: Iā€™ll post it up later today.

9 Likes

Hereā€™s the video. More gratititous shirtlessness ahead!

5 Likes

I feel like I should start calling you ā€˜light weightā€™ now. Sure I am old and fat and no where near as strong as you, but I am heavier. LOL Nice work as always Pwn.

1 Like

Thanks man! Itā€™s always a mindscrew seeing that 1 and 7 next to each other. I ate well at dinner today: going back to that place with the 5lb burger and not having QUITE that much food, haha. Iā€™m champing at the bit to gain again.

2 mile walk w/50lb vest to round out the evening.

2 Likes

I hear you. I often think of doing a more purposeful cut but the idea of being 170 just doesnā€™t excite me. I am probably just frightened to uncover how little muscle I really have. Too many years of reading flex magazine have effected my image of what lean and jacked looks like.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve always been of the opposite leaning. I can look so amazing at myself it doesnā€™t matter what other dudes can look like. Being the best ā€œmeā€ is incredible.

2 Likes

This is a great way to think. For me its not so much comparing myself to others, I donā€™t really have any other friends who lift or look good, LOL. It is more how I identify with myself and how I feel when I am a certain weight or size.

Yo man, I got a ten hour flight tomorrowā€¦and sleeping wonā€™t happen for me. Needing a new book to read. Any recommendations? Preferably training related, but not essential.

Could.be wrongā€¦but feel like I remember you mentioning youā€™ve read a few?

Not PWN but things i have read lately that I probably got recomended from PWN

Powerlifting Basics Texas style by Paul Kelso -
Never let go - Dan John -
The purposeful primitive -
The complete keys to progress - John McCallum
Coan The man, The myth, The Method -

I know Pwn has also recommended the New Dan John Easy Strength Omni book

1 Like

Definitely man.

@simo74 Just laid down a fantastic list right there. Purposeful Primitive would be my top pick for the 10 hour flight, and the Ominbook s a great choice too.

2 Likes