More Than 1mg Arimidex Daily?

Hey Guys,

I’m a few weeks into my cycle. Resolved some problems relating to painful injections by changing my source of Prop. I’m also rotating between 6 different injection sites as per the advice of Cortes and others (I think JJ/Brook) on this forum.

I’m on 100mg Test prop ED, 75mg Masteron ED, 1mg Arimidex ED, 250IU HCG EOD (I reduced this from 500IU 2x per week to manage the stinging of the injections in smaller doses).

Now - I am gaining a shit load of weight. I’m bulking up nicely. Increasing my lifts. Everything is going well except, I’m getting a little puffy in the nips again (similar to what I had last time I was on cycle) and some irritation/swelling that goes up under my armpit - almost like the mammary glands extend up that far and are swelling.

BUT I’m still not sure if it’s just fat from the bulking. I thought that I had taken all the necessary precautions to prevent any gyno this time by including Masteron in the cycle and taking the Arimidex proactively. I should mention that I trust my source of Arimidex.

So my question is this - what would you guys recommend in this case? I mean, if I suspect some gyno (or some swelling thereof), would you suggest increasing the dosage of Arimidex to 2mg ED for example (for a while) and see what happens? I tried to do some research and I don’t see any mention of exceeding 1mg/day.

I have plenty of Letro and Nolvadex on hand if necessary. It crossed my mind to add some Nolva to the mix for a while (I have a bunch of 7mg tablets that my supplier sent me FOC - not sure why they are 7mg)…but I know that it is contraindicated to take it in conjunction with Arimidex.

As far as the Letro - I have read that it takes a while for Letro to build up in your system (I’ve seen mention of 60 days to reach target levels) so I don’t think it would be a good idea to STOP the Arimidex and replace it with Letro for that reason. Furthermore, I don’t think that it would be a good idea to take Arimidex and Letro together for any period of time but I don’t have any evidence to back that.

Seems like the most logical thing to do would be either increase the Arimidex dosage for a period or introduce Nolva on cycle…please let me have your thoughts as I am contemplating my next move (if I take one at all). Thanks.

Do you feel any lumps under the nips yet? In other words do you actually have gyno or are your preceiving some potential warning signs?

After as you called it “a few weeks” I’d be somewhat surprised to here tprop and mast causing full-bore gyno, especially with 1mg of Adex in the mix. I suppose its poignant to ask if you trust you adex dosing. If its an RC there has been much complaining about underdosing. For that matter do you trust your letro and nolva as well?

One more question, has there been any change in your acne levels? Its a reach but I know in my own case when my estrogen gets to high I really start breaking out. Some guys get this on cycle. Some guys get this when they come off if they dont continue to control estrogen.

What do you mean under the armpit? The mammory wont go under the armpit, but will follow the whole lower line of the chest (if you are VERY unlucky).

You say you trust your source, but i wonder - do you have enough experience in sources to be able to differentiate between good and shite?

Lastly - drop the adex and use letro instead IF 1mg of arimidex (which will NOT be fully dosed) does not control gyno - IF you have gyno of course, as i ma not totally sure at this point.

I wouldn’t call it a lump. It is more like a mass of what feels like glandular tissue that is spread out - not a distint point like a marble or something like that. Just dispersed grizzle. I have no sensitivity or anything - it is some that I can only see visually - when I look down there is kind of like a “shelf” between the muscle and the part that is not flexible. I would think that it is just fat except that if I palpate it, it definitely has that grizzly feeling. I think I’ve had this glandular tissue for a long time since I was a teenager but cycling has matured it (if that makes sense?) into more distinctive grizzly strands.

Anyway, I wish I could just take your hand and go “feel this” but unfortunately I am bound by my ability to describe it in words.

I do trust my Adex. FYI it’s from an UG lab - comes in 1mg capsules so it’s not (easily) possible to divide up the dosages.

I also trust my Nolva and Letro - I took the Letro earlier this year to treat what I thought was gyno and I suffered from all the side effects (and wanted effects). I have some Nolva that is pharmaceutical grade - has all the markings on the tablets.

I have to take care of my skin because I am acne prone - but I have not noticed an increase in severity.

side effects generally are considered to be un-wanted effects just FYI

[quote]idowhatican wrote:
side effects generally are considered to be un-wanted effects just FYI[/quote]

Yes - that is why I said that I experienced both side effects AND wanted effects “side effects (and wanted effects)”. That means that when I took the Letro, it did the job that I wanted it to do AND I experienced the side effects too (un-wanted).

Hi J-J,

I have attached a picture to help describe my situation. I think that I am one of the unlucky ones you mentioned because I can almost follow the tissue along the greyed portion of the picture all the way up to my armpit. When I say “under the armpit”, I’m talking about the area indicated by the red arrow - where the arm “sits” on the side of the pec.

I can’t be 100% about my source - but I have gotten to know him pretty well and I trust him more than the other guy I have met in person. My source was referred to me by a reputable person who has posted on this forum and would not deal with me without this reference.

Regarding your last (and most important) point - IS it a good idea to suddenly stop the arimidex and start taking letro (presumably at 2.5mg ED) when it takes the Letro so long to reach therapeutic levels? Wouldn’t that leave me a little vulnerable during this transition period?

One last comment - if there is no hard “ball” forming behind my nipple, no tenderness of the nipple, no tenderness of the glandular tissue and no milk production (for sure), is it still possible to have “gyno” based on existing glandular tissue which has formed from adolescence? And that glandular mass which extends along the line of the chest always becomes aggravated and swells as a result of a cycle?

[quote]J-J wrote:
What do you mean under the armpit? The mammory wont go under the armpit, but will follow the whole lower line of the chest (if you are VERY unlucky).

You say you trust your source, but i wonder - do you have enough experience in sources to be able to differentiate between good and shite?

Lastly - drop the adex and use letro instead IF 1mg of arimidex (which will NOT be fully dosed) does not control gyno - IF you have gyno of course, as i ma not totally sure at this point.[/quote]

[quote]DieSucka wrote:
Hi J-J,

I have attached a picture to help describe my situation. I think that I am one of the unlucky ones you mentioned because I can almost follow the tissue along the greyed portion of the picture all the way up to my armpit. When I say “under the armpit”, I’m talking about the area indicated by the red arrow - where the arm “sits” on the side of the pec. [/quote]

Thats fine.[quote]

I can’t be 100% about my source - but I have gotten to know him pretty well and I trust him more than the other guy I have met in person. My source was referred to me by a reputable person who has posted on this forum and would not deal with me without this reference.[/quote]

I am sure you are right.[quote]

Regarding your last (and most important) point - IS it a good idea to suddenly stop the arimidex and start taking letro (presumably at 2.5mg ED) when it takes the Letro so long to reach therapeutic levels? Wouldn’t that leave me a little vulnerable during this transition period?[/quote]

It doesn’t take time for letro to reach therapeutic levels, this is achieved with one dose (and is as little as 0.1mg in some) - but it takes time to reach steady state.[quote]

One last comment - if there is no hard “ball” forming behind my nipple, no tenderness of the nipple, no tenderness of the glandular tissue and no milk production (for sure), is it still possible to have “gyno” based on existing glandular tissue which has formed from adolescence? And that glandular mass which extends along the line of the chest always becomes aggravated and swells as a result of a cycle?[/quote]

Gyno is not tenderness, or lactation… it IS the glandular tissue. That gland is the mammory gland… mammory = baps… ;D

Many guys say ‘feel for a hard ball’ but this is not accurate - they mean, feel for firm tissue that is the swollen mammory gland.

Now - most have just a single lump… or maybe a few but only 1-2 that are in any way problematic.
Your gynecomastia is ALREADY spreading all the way across the chest… I personally would suggest you keep a VERY close eye on this, possibly dropping the aromatising androgens and adding tamoxifen with letro.

If you had an amount of gyno in adolescence, (as you seem to suggest, not that you knew it as that until now) then you clearly have an affinity for breast tissue and TBH you are NOT the ideal type of person to be using aromatising drugs.

It is not the case that you cannot use AAS (anymore) - due to AI’s - but if your source is what i suspect it may be, then you definitely have an issue as the AI’s in question are spot on.

It is possible that all this was there already and it is only as you are using AAS, you are now noticing it.[quote]

J-J wrote:

Lastly - drop the adex and use letro instead IF 1mg of arimidex (which will NOT be fully dosed) does not control gyno - IF you have gyno of course, as i ma not totally sure at this point.

[/quote]

Best.

[quote]idowhatican wrote:
side effects generally are considered to be un-wanted effects just FYI[/quote]

He was saying that while he did get side effects, he ALSO got the desired results too, just FYI.

I think you are exactly right. I’ve had this my whole life and just didn’t recognize it for what it was. That’s it - I’m getting those f’ing glands surgically removed.

Back to my original question though - if my Arimidex is underdosed - then it would seem logical to me that I could pop “1mg” 2x/day for a while. BUT unless it is underdosed by 50%, by popping 2 per day I will be exceeding 1mg/day. Is there any danger to taking more than 1mg/day of Arimidex?

BTW it’s “mammary” not “mammory”. It is related to the word “mammal” (also spelled with an ‘a’) which is a class of vertebrates that feed their young through their tits.

arimidex is extremely hard to cap accuratley by any means other than fully automated capping equipment which i am guessing he is not using. more than likely some of the caps are dosed high and some nothing at all. not intentionally but its nearly impossible to cap it accurately using the standard manual capping equipment.

[quote]morepain wrote:
arimidex is extremely hard to cap accuratley by any means other than fully automated capping equipment which i am guessing he is not using. more than likely some of the caps are dosed high and some nothing at all. not intentionally but its nearly impossible to cap it accurately using the standard manual capping equipment. [/quote]

Thanks - I’m going to talk to him. My purpose is not to judge. I just need to know what I have so that I can adjust my treatment accordingly.

this is how most people cap…now you can imagine how inaccurate this is bound to be

i apologize in advance if the link violates policy

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
It looks to me like you have an interesting, congenital malformation of your mammary glans. They seem to diffuse throughout your lower breast region up into the axilla.

I suggest you get on letro ASAP.

BBB[/quote]

Thanks for chiming in BBB - I was hoping you would.

Okay - it seems like Letro is the way to go - but I would like to continue my cycle. So - here is my plan - I am going to stop the Arimidex “cold turkey” and start 2.5mg Letro daily on the same day that I stop the Arimidex and continue with the daily injections of Masteron and Prop.

Does that sound like a reasonable plan?

EDIT

Correction: I have about 60 x 1mg Letro tablets on hand that I know are good and a bottle of 50 x 2.5mg Letro tablets that I’m not sure about…so I will stick to the ones that I know are good for now which means that I can take either 1 or 2 - 1mg tablets per day.

It looks to me like you have an interesting, congenital malformation of your mammary glans. They seem to diffuse throughout your lower breast region up into the axilla.

BBB[/quote]

BTW - I’m glad my malformation interests you haha! “Interesting” is not the first word that comes to my mind…

:frowning:

BBB[/quote]

ummm yeah…what he said

BBB[/quote]

I’ve been taking 3mg of Letro per day for the past week or so (because they are 1mg tablets). Just wanted to let you know that sure enough - my breasts look different (there isn’t as much of the “ledge” where the muscle ends and the gland starts AND more indicatively, that uncomfortable “crowding” feeling that encroached on my armpit has dissipated. I think I can really conclusively say that it is definitely a malformation that extends up pretty high and I can also conclude that Arimidex just doesn’t cut it for me.

I’ve ordered more Letro cuz I’m flying through the stuff I have (I wasn’t planning on using Letro as my AI during this cycle).

Anyways, thanks again for the advice. I suppose I will have to be extra careful when my cycle ends and I transition into PCT…