[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]RickWolf wrote:
I’m also fasting 16 hours a day, here is how i eat :

Lunch (12:00 h) :

250 g of cooked ground chicken
30 g of oat powder
30 g of tapioca powder
30 g of egg whites

(i mix everything in the pan, heat and eat)

Pre-workout (18:00 h):

40 g of whey protein
30 g of oat powder

Post-Workout (19:00) :

20 g of honey
20 g of whey

Dinner (21:00 h) :

250 g of cooked ground chicken
15 g of oat powder
15 g of Tapioca powder
30 g of egg whites

[/quote]

How much fat do you eat? What is oat powder? You eat almost no real food.

I’m no expert, but at 1,000-1,500 calories a day it seems like your body is basically in survival mode. If you’re really storing fat at 1501 calories then my guess is your body thinks food is scare and wants to live…

I’ve no idea how you have any energy or even feel good at such a low caloric intake. [/quote]

Protein : 183 g
Protein from Vegetables : 12 g
Carbs: 121 g
Fat: 23 g
[/quote]

Maybe throw an avocado in every day and see how you respond.

1. Fasting doesn’t work so good on a bulk. A somewhat continuous intake of foods that don’t generate a huge spike of insulin generally works better.

2. Try switching over to the hypertrophy rep range, slowly building volume over a series of 8-12 weeks. That will boost your metabolism, provide a different training stimulus, and increase your muscles’ insulin sensitivity (making you more carb tolerant). When you go back to the program you’re on now, you’ll see a huge rebound effect.

Do this while increasing caloric intake slowly, as mentioned above.

[quote]JayPierce wrote:

1. Fasting doesn’t work so good on a bulk. A somewhat continuous intake of foods that don’t generate a huge spike of insulin generally works better.

2. Try switching over to the hypertrophy rep range, slowly building volume over a series of 8-12 weeks. That will boost your metabolism, provide a different training stimulus, and increase your muscles’ insulin sensitivity (making you more carb tolerant). When you go back to the program you’re on now, you’ll see a huge rebound effect.

Do this while increasing caloric intake slowly, as mentioned above. [/quote]

thank you. my training program will change next month so i’ll try to eat diferently too

I?m doubtful that you are meticulous enough in measurement and observation to notice quickly real fat gain from very small caloric changes. A 100 calorie difference, even if it didn?t affect your metabolism and 100% of it was stored as fat would take over a month to add a single pound. If you factor in metabolic increase, and training to gain muscle, you?d probably be looking at 2 months to add a pound of fat. Even then I SERIOUSLY doubt you are able to see a couple of pounds of fat gains, So you?d probably be looking at a number of months to see any real change. At most, you might be replenishing glycogen or starting to hold water. You?d have to be far leaner to notice smaller changes.

How long were you sticking with changes, how much was your weight changing, and how were you determining that it was fat you gained?

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
I?m doubtful that you are meticulous enough in measurement and observation to notice quickly real fat gain from very small caloric changes. A 100 calorie difference, even if it didn?t affect your metabolism and 100% of it was stored as fat would take over a month to add a single pound. If you factor in metabolic increase, and training to gain muscle, you?d probably be looking at 2 months to add a pound of fat. Even then I SERIOUSLY doubt you are able to see a couple of pounds of fat gains, So you?d probably be looking at a number of months to see any real change. At most, you might be replenishing glycogen or starting to hold water. You?d have to be far leaner to notice smaller changes.

How long were you sticking with changes, how much was your weight changing, and how were you determining that it was fat you gained?
[/quote]

maybe you are right about being THAT meticulous, but i do weigh everything i eat during the week. as of gaining fat, it is just from my personal experience, that i know when i eat a little more than i’m eating nowadays, i start to put on fat. i don’t know, maybe i should increase a little , say like, 1800 kcal a day ?

Ok while metabolic damage is real and the BMR can drop up to 40% from an extreme deficit (like in the Minnesota experiment), it is still not completely permanent.

While your metabolism and thyroid may be down currently possibly from extreme dieting, you’ll have to bump it up somewhat slowly to get to a reasonable level. You’re not going to gain a ton of fat , but likely you will bloat up while your body readjusts. You may not be able to avoid this.

There is a component of BMR that is permanently screwed up a bit EACH time you diet down and get back up to that bodyweight though (assuming you didn’t add lean tissue) so avoid yo yo dieting unless you’re actively adding some lean tissue each time. The contribution of that lean tissue towards your BMR is nowhere near what people assumed previously though :slight_smile:

Anyway, you may well find out that you can maintain a relatively lean 90-95 kilos on 2500-3000 calories once you stabilize. 1500 calories seems unlikely.

This reminds me of the dieters edema that annoys the fuck out of extreme dieters convinced they are not losing fat on 900-1200 calories a day. Then they refeed and get their “whoosh” :slight_smile:

Read this: How to Change Your Body Weight Set Point

Personally I would get a bit leaner before beginning the next “bulk.” And I would do it by finding out exactly what your maintenance calorie level is, going below that by just a little to lose a few more pounds, and then slowly adding calories week after week. 1500 kcal is lower than you need to go to lose weight.

Also eat vegetables and more real foods, as people have said.

[quote]RickWolf wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[/quote]

maybe you are right about being THAT meticulous, but i do weigh everything i eat during the week. as of gaining fat, it is just from my personal experience, that i know when i eat a little more than i’m eating nowadays, i start to put on fat. i don’t know, maybe i should increase a little , say like, 1800 kcal a day ?
[/quote]

You really need to be pretty lean to see small fat changes. I’d pay more attention to performance. If your weight is slowly increasing and so are your lifts, it’s a good indication that you are gaining some muscle. If your weight is increasing faster than your lifting, you might be putting on weight too fast.

And if you really are gaining a bunch of fat at such a low caloric intake, I’d go get my hormones checked and take a glucose tolerance test and see if you have something medically going on.

No vegetables.
Where do you get 23g of fat from? You have chicken breasts and egg whites. Eat a full egg man. or two or three…
Tapioca powder and and oat powder are for baking… Use the real stuff. Or better yet, use potatoes and/or rice.

[quote]JFG wrote:
No vegetables.
Where do you get 23g of fat from? You have chicken breasts and egg whites. Eat a full egg man. or two or three…
Tapioca powder and and oat powder are for baking… Use the real stuff. Or better yet, use potatoes and/or rice.[/quote]

From the oats, and the chicken i guess

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]RickWolf wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

You really need to be pretty lean to see small fat changes. I’d pay more attention to performance. If your weight is slowly increasing and so are your lifts, it’s a good indication that you are gaining some muscle. If your weight is increasing faster than your lifting, you might be putting on weight too fast.

And if you really are gaining a bunch of fat at such a low caloric intake, I’d go get my hormones checked and take a glucose tolerance test and see if you have something medically going on. [/quote]

the interesting thing is that i’m actually increasing some of my lifts. Anyway, i’ll follow what the majority said here and start to eat more and add vegetables.

[quote]JFG wrote:
No vegetables.
Tapioca powder and and oat powder are for baking… Use the real stuff. Or better yet, use potatoes and/or rice.[/quote]

unfortunately, i don’t have the time to cook them.

[quote]RickWolf wrote:

[quote]JFG wrote:
No vegetables.

unfortunately, i don’t have the time to cook them.[/quote]

I flat out do not believe this claim.

How long do you think it takes to cook a potato?

[quote]T3hPwnisher wrote:

[quote]RickWolf wrote:

[quote]JFG wrote:
No vegetables.

How long do you think it takes to cook a potato?[/quote]

+1

In the time that it has taken to create and respond multiple times to this thread, he could have cooked enough vegetables, rice and potatoes to last the week.

[quote]soupandspoons wrote:

[quote]RickWolf wrote:

[quote]JFG wrote:
No vegetables.

How long do you think it takes to cook a potato?[/quote]

+1

In the time that it has taken to create and respond multiple times to this thread, he could have cooked enough vegetables, rice and potatoes to last the week.
[/quote]

lol thats true, but i’m responding from my workplace, no oven here

I actually wasn’t being facetious with my question. I’m curious how long you think it takes to cook a potato. Part of the issue may be unrealistic concepts of time/effort involved.

I actually wasn’t being facetious with my question. I’m curious how long you think it takes to cook a potato. Part of the issue may be unrealistic concepts of time/effort involved.[/quote]

i have a maid who comes twice a week to clean the house and once a month she cooks all the ground chicken, and i keep it stored in the freezer. the only way i can eat 250 g of chicken is if it is mixed with something else toherwise it is very hard for me to eat. i might try mix it with a mashed potato

I find your unwillingness to answer my question frustrating, and at this point can only wish you luck in your training, as I do not feel I will be able to offer more assistance.

Well, if you’d just give him an answer that wasn’t inconvenient for him, you wouldn’t be frustrated.

[quote]JayPierce wrote:
Well, if you’d just give him an answer that wasn’t inconvenient for him, you wouldn’t be frustrated.[/quote]

It is absolutely my problem.