More Size Equals More Strength?

Aside from considerations about training the movements you want to get stronger in and neural adaptations and such, more muscle will make you stronger but past a certain point it will make less of a difference. Going from 181 to 220 will likely make a huge difference, but if you keep bulking and get to 275-308 then you might be disappointed.

Greg Nuckols has an article, something about weight classes, it includes a chart that he borrowed from Sheiko which gives supposedly ideal weights based on height. Check it out. I think it’s fairly accurate, but of course you will find elite lifters that don’t match the numbers.

Not me, that’s for sure. If you aren’t prone to nightmares then search it on Google images. All I know is if I feel something poking me I’m out of there.

I dunno dude. Y’all probably gonna end up as her next bench PR

Or hip thrust maybe

1 Like

I really have no idea if she’s natural. Holcomb isn’t, but that still doesn’t take away from her accomplishments. Although Lawrence reminds me of Daniella Melo. Lawrence is stronger than her, but they’re both in the 185lb class. But if you take a look at Melo, she’s carrying more fat than Lawrence is.

But the same rings true for the ladies: weight moves weight. In essence, without the use of PEDs, women will naturally put on fat relative to how strong they are, along with how much muscle they possess. PED use becomes evident when women are getting a hell of a lot stronger and more muscular minus the softness, when they have delts that are capped to high heaven, veins in the spots where there usually aren’t, nothing but chest muscles where there are usually breasts, etc. Case in point would be Stefi. I’m not knocking stefi whatsoever. She’s great, but we can use her deadlift and Lawrence’s deadlift as examples.

They both have darn near the same deadlift numbers, but Lawrence is about 60lbs heavier than Cohen.

Lawrence looks like she’s somewhere in the in-between. She’s not in the HW or SHW, but she’s staying just within the 84 weight class while still pulling those numbers. Usually if you’ve got ladies pushing and pulling well into the heavy and super heavy weights, they’re fat if they decide to stay natural/Compete in tested feds. (Most not all though)

So to an extent, size does matter. But I would be a bit more specific when using the word “size.” Theres hella fat chicks moving massive amounts of weight, but there’s also shredded chicks moving serious poundages as well.

Shit I need to gain so much more weight than I thought. @Frank_C you might like this table actually

1 Like

I think Lawrence cuts going into comp so she has been hanging upwards of like 190 in training.

That makes sense too. But compared to others who would, or even do weigh the same as her off season weight, they’re just a lot fluffier. Meanwhile Lawrence still has her curves/musculature.

…ideal weights for what? 5’9 and 242 lbs, lol

3 Likes

It was in reference to this,

I edited my post to the provide the context. Didn’t seek out the Nuckols article but searched for Sheiko weight chart

It’s the ideal weight class for powerlifting. Weight classes are effectively height classes in the sport, as the folks with the highest totals are those that can get as much muscle on their frame at that weight. Trying to be heavier than 242lbs at 5’9 tends to be impossible without just being really fat, while being lighter than that tends to mean giving up pounds on the platform.

Kroc was 5’9 and competed at 220 with some crazy weight cuts.

1 Like

If you’re six foot and you’re 200 pounds, I can’t use you. Sorry.

Is this in reference to women?

If it’s about men and power lifting then how does 6’5" and 220 work for you? :laughing:

I don’t know either of these women but the one on the left looks like a dude in the face. That points to PEDs or a genetics.

My wife competed in D1 track so I’ve learned a bit about it. Some of the elite high jumpers are basically men who’s junk never dropped. Their DNA is like a man’s but their body still has female reproductive organs. I’m not saying they’re freaks or anything. They just tend to be bigger and better than other women.

I could be making this up, but I think some of them even have the Y chromosome.

It’s not PEDs but these individuals will definitely stand out in women’s competition.

Anyone that wants to learn more on this topic will want to put “sciencevet2 gender” into their favourite search engine!

I know, it’s a bit on the light side.

PEDs, she’s not even trying to hide it. Her coach openly talks about drugs.

Big clits are better?

5’4"/165lbs not sure how I feel about this.

1 Like

Yeah, I know you were putting it up because of that, my question was about the reasoning behind the weights. Pwn covered it.

I feel attacked :sob:

1 Like

The original post says it’s the untested and tested top lifters in their weight classes. The one you’re talking about is untested, aka juiced to the gills.

There is a separate chart for women

2 Likes