More Questions than Answers

Idk man, some of the numbers you’ve posted up here, even with the machines, is impressive

1 Like

Yesterday
W2D1 BtM
Squats were up to 230 5x5
Press up to 105 then 12 at 95
Chins are killing me. 25 then around 50 pulldowns at 180.
Dips 100
Pull Aparts 100

Second to last set of dips felt something pull around my right scap. Didn’t think too much about it at the time. But in bed last night it started shooting/sharp pain every time I would move. Didn’t sleep well. Still bothering me today. I’ll throw a tens unit on today and see what that does. Theragun didn’t seem to help.

3 Likes

I can’t do Dips atm. Was fine with them for ages then pulled something in my shoulder at work, now they just feel “grindy” on my collar bone?

I’ve been there done that with the shoulder as well. Whatever I’ve done, that sharp pain is sticking around. When I sneeze it really gets fired up. Going to try the tens unit and a hot bath tonight. See if I can’t loosen up whatever I pissed off.

W2D2 BtM
Bench up to 165 5x5
Deads up to 295 3x5
100 DB Rows 55
100 total curls: ez bar curls 75 / hammer curls 40
50 ab wheels and 40 decline sit ups

Still walking minimum of 3 miles a day. Usually vested on the non lifting days. Weight is 220 at the moment.

3 Likes

More on the scap pain. It appears it may have been from the pull aparts maybe that day? I was doing the dips, chins and pull aparts as a triset. I do pull aparts in the office from time to time and for whatever reason I can’t do them now without crazy pain around the lower trap/scap area.

Conditioning
Grace with 135 only got 22 in 10 minutes. I can improve this big time. Walked 4 miles as well.

3 Likes

BtM W2D3
Squat up to 230 then 185 x 20
Clean and Press 10 x 5 at 115
It was supposed to be 60 but since the squat WM didn’t scratch the surface I wanted to really push the pressing. Also doing a bunch of cleans here lately and this day seems like it’s yoke day anyway. So take it up a notch. I got 8 sets in where I cleaned and pressed every rep the last 4 I cleaned the first rep then just pressed the rest. This torched the shoulders and traps.
Did actual face pulls instead of pull aparts and no pain with face pulls. 50lbs 100 times.
Negative Chins 25 working on this… I’ll get it back.
Powertec Shrugs 225 3x12 then 2x8 since the traps were torched. I decided to further bash them and this did it. This definitely was a twisted BtM session but it fits with what I’m doing. Presses have needed work and it looks to be improving.

3 Likes

W3D1 BtM
Squats up to 255 5x5
Presses up to 115 then 95 for 14
100 chins, 100 dips and 100 face pulls.

Did chins until failure then switched to band assisted wide grip pull ups for the rest. Back is feeling fine. Sleep has been crap the last 2 days. Busy at home and at work. But I think the sleep problem is just me being too warm and sore. The wife just broke out the weighted blanket. If that is even in my proximity I sweat.

4 Likes

Conditioning
5 Rounds
95lb Clean and Press
3 Chins
50ft walking lunges

Tried to get it all in under 10 minutes. Just barely got it in.

Walked 3 miles so far getting another vested mile in after dinner.

4 Likes

BtM W3D2

BP up to 185 5x5
Deads up to 330 3x5
DB Rows 55lb 100
Varied Curls 100

This was more brutal than I thought. Typically Monday drains the life from you but Wednesday doesn’t seem as bad. However this time it felt the other way around.

I’m finding that my triceps may be my weak link in pressing after all. It’s almost always near lock out where I struggle. Should be an easy fix. Just hit a gap workout on the weekend time permitting to hit the Tris and Bis.

4 Likes

Haven’t posted in a minute but did Day 3 of BtM last week. Monday did W4D1 Squats up to 245 Press up to 110 then 100 face pulls and dips. I did only 60 chins unassisted though so that’s an improvement. Then I did conditioning session of 10 burpees, 5 95lb snatches, and 3 Chins for 5 rounds. Sorry for the quick recap.

Today W4D2 BtM
Deads up to 315
BP 170
100 fat grip poundstone curls
100 chest supported db rows

Weight is 218 gaintaining…nice.

3 Likes

W4D3 BtM
Squats up to 245 then 185 for 20
Press 5x10 95
100 behind the back shrug rows 185, 100 face pulls band

Today Conditioning CrossFit Randie WOD 75 Snatches with 75lbs. Got it finished up just under 7 minutes. I’ve seen a video of someone doing this in 2:18…wow. Its a little tougher than you think it’s pretty much all work capacity and conditioning level. The weight is very manageable even though I’m positive my form is complete shit.

3 Likes

Slacking but I have good reasons. First is just crazy family stuff that has to be taken care of which really sucks, but has to be done. Second after Week 5 Day 1 around 50th dip I did something to my left upper pec/front delt. Hurts to press a barbell but dumbbells for some reason I can handle somewhat better. Feels like I pulled something there. Just sore all the time. But did Day 2 using DBs instead of bench. I just did my work sets with 70s and it seemed okay until the last couple sets. Even chins seem to piss it off for whatever reason. If I have time tomorrow I’ll get Day 3 in and log it better and see how it holds up. I just have 1 more week to go hope it makes it.

3 Likes

Hope the family stuff turns out alright for you. Heal quickly!

1 Like

Finished up BtM minus the dips a couple of weeks back. Took a deload and some forced time off and now getting after it again. I tried dips after the short hiatus but still on my left front shoulder near my upper pec it still gets aggravated. I can do an assisted dip okay without pissing it off. I’ll either do that or figure something else out.

So for the next month I figured I’d ease back in with a Arms focused program I found in the Tnation archives. 4 Weeks to Big Arms by Dan Trink. Here’s what I did last night:
Deads up to 4 x 8 at 315 then a couple of back off sets (which on deads I’m not sold on…but I’ll give it a go).
Dips I did the first 10 just with body weight and yeah it sucked. SO i moved over the bench and put a foot on it then did the rest fine. SO 3 x 10
Super Set with ezbar curls I think I had 75 lbs on it. 3x10
Super Set 2 was Decline DB tricep extensions 30lbs 3x10 with Zottman curls 3x10.
Then a burn out set of tricep pushdowns with 50. Got to 25 but had to RP a couple of times.

3 Likes

Hey man, you still plugging away?

1 Like

Actually started Week 4 of 4 Weeks to Big Arms by Dan Trink. So yeah still plugging away, but crazy busy. Hoping it slows down here soon.

I need to check up on your log been a minute since I’ve had a chance to get back on here.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear about the busy times- seems to be a common occurrence around here these days. Hope it gets a little bit more under control soon dude. I was just thinking I hadn’t seen you post in a while, glad to hear you’re all good.

1 Like

Ah no worries hopefully it slows down soon. Thanks for checking in. This is has to be one of the only places on the interwebs that’s actually productive and supportive. Love keeping up with folks on here.

Looks like I’m going to be doing the Transformation Challenge this next year…I’m as soft as rotted fruit right now…but hey my arms are bigger.

2 Likes