T Nation

More Questions then Answers

Awesome man, yeah I don’t think I’m going to 100% abide by the diet when I run it either. Is this your second time running it?

Second or third I believe. Only con to it besides cost of food is if I remember right the deadlift suffers a bit but press and squat shot up.

1 Like

Press and squat gains are always welcome in my house for sure. Excited to see you tackle it man

1 Like

The lovely wife turned 3.5lbs of ground beef into jerky. Damn good stuff. This picture sucks and it looks like a dried dog turd.

3 Likes

Conditioning
Grace w/ 115 forgot to hit the clock on this one.
30 ab wheels, plank presses, hlrs, and weighted planks.

1 Like

This weekend I did some chins, dips and clean and jerks. Deload a bit before today. One thing I found this weekend my chinning is suffering. Made today real fun…

BtM W1D1
Squat worked up 270 5x5
Press worked up to 110 then 95 1x9 was supposed to do 85 but I’m lazy didn’t want to change a bunch of plates.
Dips 100
Pull Aparts 100
Chins I got 25 good ones then did pulldowns with 180 for 5x8. Man. I’ve got to work on that. Didn’t think it would be that bad. Also my hamstrings after the 2nd top set were already sore and tight as humanly possible. I cleaned the presses up and that about caused me to cramp every time. First workout of BtM I would expect nothing less. It’s the volume I guess that possibly is getting to me but all in all my work capacity was still there. Which I was happy with and at least it will get better before it inevitably gets worse.

2 Likes

Beer and cookie day. Lost our dog Daisy to spleen cancer that apparently metastatized to her lungs. My wife took her to the vet thinking it would be something dumb not even thinking cancer. But here we are. She was panting hard the last few days but it’s hot so didn’t really think anything about it. Shit day. But the beer and cookies at least help. Busy day tomorrow but may try and hit the next BtM session late.

Sorry for your families loss.

2 Likes

My condolences.

1 Like

Thanks guys.

2 Likes

Damn man, that’s tough, sorry for you loss

1 Like

Thanks man.

BtM W1D2
Hamstrings are still tight as guitar strings. I’ve been walking funny all week after squats. Deadlifts were extremely painful. I’m resetting TMs. Going to back down. In hindsight I should have ran BBB or something to prep for this. Going from DC low volume work to this is quite a swing for me apparently.

Bench worked up to 185 5x5
Curls 100 pinwheel and hammer
100 DB Rows 55
Deadlifts worked up to 345 3x5 the pain in the hams…sucked.

I’ve been walking 3 miles a day to try to keep the soreness down but it isn’t working.

2 Likes

Conditioning
Grace with 115 7:01
30 ab wheels superset with weighted planks
36 HLRs
2 miles walking and another mile vested. Walking the soreness out just in time for tomorrows session.

2 Likes

Loving watching you run BtM so far man. I’m assuming you’re treating the walks and WODs as the conditioning/cardio for the program?

I’m trying to figure out a way to get something decent in without owning a prowler when I run it.

Do you own a weighted vest? I would run with that. But make sure you get in some sort of conditioning just to work out the soreness especially after that third session in the week. You will be fine coming fresh off of DW. Shouldn’t be too drastic of a change for you. I think my problem with the DOMs is just coming off low volume DC training.

I do Grace WOD for conditioning and to help my press hopefully.

1 Like

W1D3 BtM
Squats 185, 225, 245 then 185 x 20
Eh was supposed to do like 120 for 20. Liked this better.
Press 85lbs 110 reps
DB Shrugs 55lbs 100 reps
Chins 25 and Pull Aparts 100

Tried to keep it moving today not much rest. Traps have DOMs already big time. Hams started getting tight on the WM set. I need to foam roll or something.

2 Likes

Haha I love it.

Wow, that is a lot of reps.

1 Like

Nah I don’t own a weight vest. The only cardio/conditioning equipment I own is a stationary bike that never gets used.

Makes sense with the low volume stuff. I’d like to keep up with the conditioning since I’m severely lacking. Might just continue doing the stuff I have been. Maybe fill up a winter sled with weight and drag it across the lawn or something.

1 Like

As long as you get something in there I’m sure it will be fine. Even if it’s just a back pack with weights in it.

It’s a lot volume but it wasn’t tough at all. My press sucks. Everything seems easy until I get around 135 then it feels damn near unmovable. I don’t get it. BP also sucks. But Ive had issues with my shoulders forever. Just never cared to get it fixed since it only bothers me when I lift.

1 Like