More Questions on ABBH 1?

Ok, I am at the half way mark in my first attempt at this program.

I was going well until this week. I tried 10x5 @230. I was doing fine until set 7 and my reps went like this 7,4,3,3,2. I “punished” myself by completing 50 reps after the 10 sets. What do you do if you don’t hit the targets? My bent row was fine.Do I continue? I was fine with 10x3 and 10x4.

When you complete the program and you go to start again, how do you figure out the weight you’ll use. Where do I go from 230 for example on my bench?

I can’t believe how much more volume I’m going when I compare total weight lifted, it is amazing. I’m actually scared to do the next squat day, 70% of 1RM is 225 @ 5x10 yikes!!!

Thanks for the help. Advice I have gotten so far has helped me greatly.

[quote]italian_muscle wrote:
Ok, I am at the half way mark in my first attempt at this program.

I was going well until this week. I tried 10x5 @230. I was doing fine until set 7 and my reps went like this 7,4,3,3,2. I “punished” myself by completing 50 reps after the 10 sets. What do you do if you don’t hit the targets? My bent row was fine.Do I continue? I was fine with 10x3 and 10x4.[/quote]

not gettingv what you did says “7,4,3,3,2” if you did 7 reps then thats the reason you didnt get 10x5

[quote]
When you complete the program and you go to start again, how do you figure out the weight you’ll use. Where do I go from 230 for example on my bench?[/quote]

id swap the moves the exercises you did for 10 x 3 now do the higher rep range 5x10 vise versa. As for where to start approx 80% OF 1 RM take a week or two to figure new 1rms if wanted if no up it a touch. main thing try not to fail

[quote]
I can’t believe how much more volume I’m going when I compare total weight lifted, it is amazing. I’m actually scared to do the next squat day, 70% of 1RM is 225 @ 5x10 yikes!!!

Thanks for the help. Advice I have gotten so far has helped me greatly.[/quote]

Hope that helps,
Phill

I meant 7th set was 4 reps, 8th was 3, 9th was 3, 10th was 2.

My bad. What do you do if you fail? Continue or go another week?