More Protein on my Budget as a Vegetarian

[quote]ScholesGoals wrote:

[quote]BIG-GEORDIE wrote:
Firstly dont shop at tesco, its expensive. Asda aldi and lidl are cheaper and most butchers even more so. Buy quark from asda per 250g tub it has 30 protein 10 carbs and 0 fat for 87P, a great cheap source of casein protein.[/quote]

My butchers is way more expensive than tesco. For 1.2gkg of frying steak from the butchers it is �£15.00. He is going out of buisness because everyone knows he is a rip off.

[/quote]
Ok but thats just one butchers, most butchers tend to be cheaper if you shop around. factory meat suppliers tend to do great bulk buys that help bring the cost right down.

you do get some good meat deals from butchers, definitely. Buy a slow cooker so you can do stuff with the cheaper cuts.

[quote]Yogi wrote:
you do get some good meat deals from butchers, definitely. Buy a slow cooker so you can do stuff with the cheaper cuts.[/quote]

Agreed.

This is just my opinion, but I think OP is actually a little too focused on macros; I’d rather eat some fatty cuts of meat than eat no meat at all, even if it threw my goal macros off a little bit. Also, things like 80/20 ground beef are pretty easy to cook & then drain all of the grease if you’re really that worried about fat.

I eat tons of fatty, juicy cuts of meat by slow cooking and/or braising; in fact, there’s a whole chicken at home in my slow cooker; it cost me $10 and will give me two VERY LARGE dinners’ worth of chicken.

Has anyone ever bought pre cooked frozen chicken portions?
[/quote]

A lot of if is frozen water.

Rinse your chicken.

[quote]ActivitiesGuy wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:
you do get some good meat deals from butchers, definitely. Buy a slow cooker so you can do stuff with the cheaper cuts.[/quote]

Agreed.

This is just my opinion, but I think OP is actually a little too focused on macros; I’d rather eat some fatty cuts of meat than eat no meat at all, even if it threw my goal macros off a little bit. Also, things like 80/20 ground beef are pretty easy to cook & then drain all of the grease if you’re really that worried about fat.

I eat tons of fatty, juicy cuts of meat by slow cooking and/or braising; in fact, there’s a whole chicken at home in my slow cooker; it cost me $10 and will give me two VERY LARGE dinners’ worth of chicken.[/quote]

Are you Bert Kreischer?

I remember on the JRE podcast he said he does kettlebells on the grass infront of his house topless and you kinda look like him hair wise.

If Bert Kreischer posts on Tnation I will be super psyched.

[quote]Yogi wrote:

Agreed.

I eat tons of fatty, juicy cuts of meat by slow cooking and/or braising; in fact, there’s a whole chicken at home in my slow cooker; it cost me $10 and will give me two VERY LARGE dinners’ worth of chicken.[/quote]

Are you Bert Kreischer?

I remember on the JRE podcast he said he does kettlebells on the grass infront of his house topless and you kinda look like him hair wise.

If Bert Kreischer posts on Tnation I will be super psyched.[/quote]

Lol, no. I’m just a regular guy.

Lol, no. I’m just a regular activitiesguy.[/quote]

[quote]1 Man Island wrote:

Lol, no. I’m just a regular activitiesguy.[/quote]
[/quote]

I see what you did there.

I award you 3 internets.

[quote]Yogi wrote:

Agreed.

your thinking mirrors mine exactly.

I have decided what my course of action will be.

I will be getting bulk chicken, washing it, cutting it into 500g potions, using 100g of marinade and having a portion everyday along with a few scoops of whey for my protein.

I am also thinking about running 5/3/1 rather than a linear program.

Wendler said in his sub forum its a good beginner program and seeing as I have plans to join the armed forces in the next few years, I might just run 5/3/1 with 2-3 days a week conditioning.

I will start a log on here to keep me focused and have other members offer advice when it is needed.