More Protein for Your Buck

Hi friends,

Im dedicating this thread to methods of increasing your protein intake when eating out/takeaway etc.

My favourite tip is when ordering takeaway chicken curry from your favourite indian restaurant, is dont order rice. Instead use your rice cooker at home to cook your desired amount of rice(which is only going to put you back a few dollars). With the money saved order more chicken from the starter menu(iie chicken ticca), and add that chicken to your curry. Voila! Double the protein for the similar amount of money!

Thank me later.

tweet

So…should we carry our own rice to resturants?

[quote]theBird wrote:
My favourite tip is when ordering takeaway chicken curry from your favourite indian restaurant, is dont order rice. Instead use your rice cooker at home to cook your desired amount of rice(which is only going to put you back a few dollars). With the money saved order more chicken from the starter menu(iie chicken ticca), and add that chicken to your curry. Voila! Double the protein for the similar amount of money!
[/quote]
Your favorite tip is to order more chicken when you want more chicken…

Mind = Blown

Save money by not ordering rice…?

I must be missing something about the cost of rice.

Gotta love the logic of The Bird.

Hell, gotta love The Bird!

I boil eggs and stuff them in my pockets. I snack on them when none of the waiting staff are watching

On a more serious note, I think that if you’re going out to eat in a restaurant just order something you like. Who cares if it’s got enough protein or too much simple carbs or whatever. You’ve made the effort to go to the restaurant so you might as well enjoy yourself.

I eat 5 meals a day, 7 days a week. That’s 35 meals a week. As long as 30 of them are proper bodybuilding fare I’m happy.

I’ve worked at Indian restaurants in the US and all of them served unlimited rice with every standard a la carte order. Maybe it’s different in aus.

The cheapest protein source I’ve found is still protein powder

[quote]rds63799 wrote:
I boil eggs and stuff them in my pockets. I snack on them when none of the waiting staff are watching[/quote]

Nice. Needed a portable snack idea when clubbin’ that wasn’t a junky protein bar. Ill just remember the mints.

In the late 90’s, I trained at a Powerhouse Gym that was maybe about 500 ft away from an Indian Restaurant. Usual procedure was to hit the iron hard for an hour, then walk through the parking lot and destroy the lunch buffet. Always entertaining to see the looks on the typical restaurant goers faces when some 200-250 lb dudes walked in straight from training, and with the intention of ingesting a couple of whole chicken each.

Ahhhh I haven’t thought about those days in a while… good times :slight_smile:

S