More Proof Muslims Are Nuts!

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
When I see Muslim massive protests against idiots who want to eradicate Israel or massive protests against idiots who blow up hotels, resorts, or any place else, then maybe I’ll retract what I said.

Until then, they’re all fucking Looney Tunes![/quote]

150 people is hardly massive muslim protests. I’ve seen more people than that gather downtown for a pillow fight.

Not to mention, they aren’t going to come protest on your front lawn, you have to be willing to look and see if it’s ever happened.

(Hint: It has.)

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
k.elkouhen wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

I AM a math teacher and you DID get your answer. Don’t blame me if you’re incapable of discerning that.

So math IS your field of expertise.

You should be able to do better then this :

Actually, proofs about ENTIRE sets are difficult at best.

You HAVE to prove that an initial premise leads to absurdities.

(emphasis mine)

I’m guessing that you meant INFINITE sets and that you CAN prove that an initial premise leads to absurdities.

I didn’t know that the set of all Muslims was INFINITE! Wow…thanks for that…

I thought that the cardinality of the set of all Muslims was finite, when its really Aleph-null. Amazing!!!

[/quote]

Now, I really doubt that you teach math at all.

[quote]Lorisco wrote:
No, your own words make you sound like you hold Muslims up as virtuous. Stating that they want to protect their kids from nude pictures and yet send these same kids out to blow themselves up and others is somewhat absurd.

The fact is that people of any religion who are offended by nude pictures but not at innocent people being murdered are not right in the head![/quote]

This is the second time that you gratuitously accuse me of condoning violence. This is as close to slander as it gets.

I don’t mind people judging me - it’s part of life - but I can’t stand who keep propagating lies on my account. I never EVER said, or even alluded, that I supported ANY form of violence which would result in hurting ANY innocent person. Unless you can’t parse that, I’ll be expecting excuses.

[quote]Tokoya wrote:
No worries. It had to do with some bad apples issuing death threats because somebody implied that a radical element in the muslim community that had migrated to Australia had issues assimilating. There is a chance those issuing the non peaceful threats adhered to islam… [/quote]

Thanks for taking the time to compile it. I’ve heard of the trouble makers down there (probably from you somewhere), and they sure aren’t lustrating the image of Islam. If you look closely, Britain, Australia and Germany have always had issues assimilating Muslims. Problems you wouldn’t find in the US or Canada for example. That difficulty has obviously been exacerbated in the post-9/11 era.

By Murdoch I meant the corporate media in general. They are quite polarized and rarely present the full picture for sake of simplicity or as part of their political agenda. Even so, I can only blame Ben Laden and his disciples for the precipitating the image of Islam down the drain.

They have radicalized people on both sides to the extent that communication is hardly possible anymore. Take a look at HeadHunter’s threads. Most of us aren’t on the extremes of the spectrum, but generally fail to communicate without resorting to personal attacks, ridicule and other undiplomatic methods.

How can we expect Bush and Ahmadinejad to workout a compromise? With time, things will only get worse I’m afraid, as every time innocents are killed by a bomb in Iraq, the Arab street sees it as an inevitable consequence of the US occupation. The US bombing Somalia or Afghanistan is essentially no different from a guy blowing up trains or planes in the West.

It’s just the victims that end up being on the other side. I’m afraid that it will continue to escalate and that governments will jump on the opportunity to tighten the grip on the whole population and take away the rights and freedoms which were acquire over centuries of relentless fighting. It’s not science-fiction, it’s already happening.

In the Arab world, the governments (which have no legitimacy to start with) are all doing horrible things and justifying them with the global war on terror. As far as I can tell, the West (though the governments are legitimate) is also doing the same. Enough ranting, my point has been said said much more eloquently by others;

“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
Ben Franklin - 1775

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
I see…so you’re Muslim when you want to be…when you ‘pray’…now I see how it works.

That actually explains a lot.[/quote]

Islam encourages critical thinking. One doesn’t exclude the other.

This is mainly due to the fact that noone has the authority to interpret the Quran. I might look at what some erudite said or wrote, but it doesn’t imply that I’ll have to agree with what he says or be a heretic. The prophet Muhammad himself was always reticent of interpreting passages until it was absolutely necessary. This is hard to understand for most Christians or Jews because of the Pope/Talmud.

I hope it’s clear.

[quote]lixy wrote:
Tokoya wrote:
No worries. It had to do with some bad apples issuing death threats because somebody implied that a radical element in the muslim community that had migrated to Australia had issues assimilating. There is a chance those issuing the non peaceful threats adhered to islam…

Thanks for taking the time to compile it. I’ve heard of the trouble makers down there (probably from you somewhere), and they sure aren’t lustrating the image of Islam. If you look closely, Britain, Australia and Germany have always had issues assimilating Muslims. Problems you wouldn’t find in the US or Canada for example. That difficulty has obviously been exacerbated in the post-9/11 era.

I’d be pissed if I were you as well. These bad apples are giving the majority a bum steer. However, it is not Murdoch’s fault for reporting it… Planes flying into buildings, shoe bombs, beheadings, and trains blowing up in Madrid & London tend to make the news… and not just on Fox…

By Murdoch I meant the corporate media in general. They are quite polarized and rarely present the full picture for sake of simplicity or as part of their political agenda. Even so, I can only blame Ben Laden and his disciples for the precipitating the image of Islam down the drain.

They have radicalized people on both sides to the extent that communication is hardly possible anymore. Take a look at HeadHunter’s threads. Most of us aren’t on the extremes of the spectrum, but generally fail to communicate without resorting to personal attacks, ridicule and other undiplomatic methods.

How can we expect Bush and Ahmadinejad to workout a compromise? With time, things will only get worse I’m afraid, as every time innocents are killed by a bomb in Iraq, the Arab street sees it as an inevitable consequence of the US occupation. The US bombing Somalia or Afghanistan is essentially no different from a guy blowing up trains or planes in the West.

It’s just the victims that end up being on the other side. I’m afraid that it will continue to escalate and that governments will jump on the opportunity to tighten the grip on the whole population and take away the rights and freedoms which were acquire over centuries of relentless fighting. It’s not science-fiction, it’s already happening.

In the Arab world, the governments (which have no legitimacy to start with) are all doing horrible things and justifying them with the global war on terror. As far as I can tell, the West (though the governments are legitimate) is also doing the same. Enough ranting, my point has been said said much more eloquently by others;

“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
Ben Franklin - 1775[/quote]

Lixy,

You mentioned that “If you look closely, Britain, Australia and Germany have always had issues assimilating Muslims.” I’d say that if you keep looking, you’ll find that Sweden does as well…

Hope that the situation is improving. I guess you can help the Swedes - especially their women - figure out how it’s their fault this trend is occurring.

http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/Printable.asp?ID=20552

[quote]lixy wrote:
Tokoya wrote:
No worries. It had to do with some bad apples issuing death threats because somebody implied that a radical element in the muslim community that had migrated to Australia had issues assimilating. There is a chance those issuing the non peaceful threats adhered to islam…

I’d be pissed if I were you as well. These bad apples are giving the majority a bum steer. However, it is not Murdoch’s fault for reporting it… Planes flying into buildings, shoe bombs, beheadings, and trains blowing up in Madrid & London tend to make the news… and not just on Fox…

Ben Franklin - 1775[/quote]

Lixy,

You also wrote in the post above that “The US bombing Somalia or Afghanistan is essentially no different from a guy blowing up trains or planes in the West.”

Yet in a previous post, you cited you agreed with the US war in Afghanistan. But now, that war is no different than “blowing up trains or planes”.

Right… Fighting the Taliban, and trying to wipe out their training camps is the same as islamic terrorists flying planes in to towers, blowing up trains, and beheading folks they are angry with. Anyone with a functioning central nervous system knows different.

Now would be a good time to put aside that therapeutic thinking cap of yours. Moral relativism does not sell well as an excuse for those (100 or so by your count) bad apples in the death cult of islam.

Apology accepted.

[quote]k.elkouhen wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
k.elkouhen wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

I AM a math teacher and you DID get your answer. Don’t blame me if you’re incapable of discerning that.

(emphasis mine)

I’m guessing that you meant INFINITE sets and that you CAN prove that an initial premise leads to absurdities.

I thought that the cardinality of the set of all Muslims was finite, when its really Aleph-null. Amazing!!!

Now, I really doubt that you teach math at all.[/quote]

26 years, junior. Try it…if you have the cajones.

[quote]Lorisco wrote:

Let me get this straight, Muslims wanting to kill some guy because he publishes naked pictures is not nutty? Hello!
[/quote]

Apparently you haven’t driven in any major US cities or been to any children’s soccer matches lately. In this country people actually kill people for nutty things that aren’t even against the law everyday.

And just like in this country, scream as loud as they want, those 150 or so people who want him executed will have to go disappointed because the law doesn’t reach that far in Indonesia.

[quote]Tokoya wrote:
Lixy,

You also wrote in the post above that “The US bombing Somalia or Afghanistan is essentially no different from a guy blowing up trains or planes in the West.”

Yet in a previous post, you cited you agreed with the US war in Afghanistan. But now, that war is no different than “blowing up trains or planes”.

Right… Fighting the Taliban, and trying to wipe out their training camps is the same as islamic terrorists flying planes in to towers, blowing up trains, and beheading folks they are angry with. Anyone with a functioning central nervous system knows different.

[/quote]

It all depends on if you’re praying or not. When you’re praying, you’re a mindless automoton doing Allah’s will. So when you’re not praying, if you fly planes into buildings, its a terrorist act, but if you pray, then God makes you do it. That’s why the terrorists pray before they kill infidels and other sub-humans.

Confused? I am. Maybe confusing everyone was the goal all along…

[quote]lixy wrote:
The prophet Muhammad himself was always reticent of interpreting passages until it was absolutely necessary. This is hard to understand for most Christians or Jews because of the Pope/Talmud.
[/quote]

I guess being a “prophet” must be very discombobulating according to the Muslim expression. In the Orthodox Christian Faith, the Bible is interpreted one way and one way alone.

An Orthodox Christian in Japan is guided to understand the Bible in the same exact way as the Orthodox Christian in Egypt and the Orthodox Christian in New York City; and this understanding is both catholic (universal through space & time) as well as apostolic.

I believe God is the sower of truth and not of confusion, but my opinion doesn’t mean anything to anyone else.

Happy Saint Patrick’s Day!

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Tokoya wrote:
Lixy,

It all depends on if you’re praying or not. When you’re praying, you’re a mindless automoton doing Allah’s will. So when you’re not praying, if you fly planes into buildings, its a terrorist act, but if you pray, then God makes you do it. That’s why the terrorists pray before they kill infidels and other sub-humans.

Confused? I am. Maybe confusing everyone was the goal all along…

[/quote]

In one thread Lixy cites he agreed with the action by the US and allies in Afghanistan, and in another - the soldiers fighting that war are, well, no better than the folks who blew up the trains in Madrid, London, etc., Yes, I am one confused infidel alright. Or as muslims would say “kafir”.

[quote]Tokoya wrote:
You mentioned that “If you look closely, Britain, Australia and Germany have always had issues assimilating Muslims.” I’d say that if you keep looking, you’ll find that Sweden does as well… [/quote]

Actually, I meant to say “issues assimilating immigrants”. Just watch how third generation of Turk immigrants who were born in Germany and don’t speak a word of Turkish are not considered Germans. Or the way British society is hermetic to any outside culture.

[quote]Hope that the situation is improving. I guess you can help the Swedes - especially their women - figure out how it’s their fault this trend is occurring.

http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/Printable.asp?ID=20552
[/quote]

Buddy, I’ve been here for some time now, and I can tell you with a certain degree of confidence that whatever was reported in the article is a load of BS.

People around here will literally laugh at you, were you to present them with the article. Yes, there’s a town in the south where immigration has caused lots of trouble, but trying to connect it to Islam is seriously sick.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
k.elkouhen wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
k.elkouhen wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

(emphasis mine)

Now, I really doubt that you teach math at all.

26 years, junior. Try it…if you have the cajones.

[/quote]

I don’t believe you, but if you really are a junior high math teacher, your lack of comprehension of some pretty basic stuff is astounding.

[quote]Tokoya wrote:

Now would be a good time to put aside that therapeutic thinking cap of yours. Moral relativism does not sell well as an excuse for those (100 or so by your count) bad apples in the death cult of islam.

Apology accepted.
[/quote]

Listen here. Afghanistan is a tricky bit. I have no sympathy whatsoever for the Taliban or their “ways of the past”, but I know a war crime when I see one.

http://www.thenation.com/blogs/capitalgames?pid=16

http://www.hrw.org/english/docs/2005/09/25/usint11776.htm

But then again, it would have been wiser for me not to include Afghanistan in the list since I supported the initial strikes against it. I apologize for that.

[quote]stellar_horizon wrote:
An Orthodox Christian in Japan is guided to understand the Bible in the same exact way as the Orthodox Christian in Egypt and the Orthodox Christian in New York City; and this understanding is both catholic (universal through space & time) as well as apostolic.

I believe God is the sower of truth and not of confusion, but my opinion doesn’t mean anything to anyone else.[/quote]

On the contrary my friend, I highly value your opinion. Thanks for sharing.

It is clearly stated in the Quran that the message is universal thru space and time and all, but who, besides God and his prophets has the right to interpret His words? When you say the guy in Japan “is guided”, I can’t help but think that anyone with that much power over people can and ultimately will abuse it for political or economical purposes. That was the problem that was tormenting Muhammad. It doesn’t take a divine revelation to figure that out; Mere common sense.

I believe that God is sower of truth too, but until I have a direct and secure channel to Him, I’ll keep on taking other people’s interpretations with a critical mind.

It is worth noting that the fanatic Islamists believe each of their leader has that kind of power and thus don’t question their orders.

Happy St. Patrick’s day to you too!

[quote]Tokoya wrote:
In one thread Lixy cites he agreed with the action by the US and allies in Afghanistan, and in another - the soldiers fighting that war are, well, no better than the folks who blew up the trains in Madrid, London, etc., Yes, I am one confused infidel alright. Or as muslims would say “kafir”.[/quote]

Again, I apologize for that. The US did a very good thing by ridding the region of the Taliban. I guess narcotrafficer warlords are still comparatively better. I shouldn’t have mentionned Afghanistan. Sorry.

[quote]lixy wrote:

But then again, it would have been wiser for me not to include Afghanistan in the list since I supported the initial strikes against it. I apologize for that.[/quote]

I don’t undrestand this. It is not air strikes that are needed. What is needed in Afghanistan is liberalization/westernization.

Strikes against the Taliban and military forces on the ground are only meant to protect fledgling westernization from the Taliban types.

Bombing does not solve anything. How can people support the bombing but not the more important follow up?

[quote]Tokoya wrote:
Lixy,

I’d say you are hypersensitive to any legitimate criticism about Islam. You are an undilluted fountain of articles, criticism about the US, US foriegn policy, etc…

I have no problem with the legitimate criticism of my country or government. You however seem to be in a state of denial about radical islam, its history, and the misery its elements inflict on the world on a daily basis. Any time it is pointed called out, you call that islamophobia. I’d call it vigilance.

I saw this article and thought of you:
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,21375264-5005961,00.html

[/quote]

And I saw this and thought about you:

http://www.islamophobia.org/news.php?readmore=502

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
lixy wrote:

But then again, it would have been wiser for me not to include Afghanistan in the list since I supported the initial strikes against it. I apologize for that.

I don’t undrestand this. It is not air strikes that are needed. What is needed in Afghanistan is liberalization/westernization.

Strikes against the Taliban and military forces on the ground are only meant to protect fledgling westernization from the Taliban types.

Bombing does not solve anything. How can people support the bombing but not the more important follow up? [/quote]

Westernization? Wow. And I thought I would never see the colonialist spirit still alive in a white person. Guess my anthropology prof was right.