T Nation

More Proof Muslims Are Nuts!

[quote]bluey wrote:
I think a lot of people (not just the religious) can see that pornography has a detrimental effect on society (at the very least on the women in it). If Indonesia still has the strength to resist it good for them.[/quote]

It would seem that there is an inordinate amount of intolerance when it comes to Islam and women (not just pornography)

“I just obeyed Allah’s commandment,” said gunman Mohammad Sarwar. “I will kill all those women who do not follow the right path.”

http://www.philly.com/mld/dailynews/news/opinion/16892042.htm

Yes, Muslims are nuts.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
Yes, Muslims are nuts.[/quote]

As are those assholes in the KKK.

Funny, though how those folks in the white sheets and some in the islamic community share the same view on things like the holocaust “myth”. Perhaps they have sentiment that in common…

[quote]lixy wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Guess they never heard of simply not buying the magazine.

Guess they wanna protect their kids from such images. [/quote]

Riiight! Protect the kids from seeing naked boobs but have them watch Grandma go blow herself up taking out innocent bystanders. What is wrong with this picture?

Kind of twisted morality if you ask me; naked bad, killing innocent people, good!

So I guess it’s ok to kill innocent people and yourself with a bomb just as long as you don’t do it naked.

I AGREE with you that this is nuts. However, I dont think lunacy is the monopoly of certain Muslims. Think about certain fundamentalist Christians in this country and you will also find a bunch of nuts. Same goes for fundamentalist Jews. I suspect that someone of Jerry Falwell’s ilk looks on this kind of collusion between State and religion with a certain amount of envy.

Let’s face it…when you think GOD is unequivocally on your side, you can carry out any type of atrocity and feel justified.

[quote]Tokoya wrote:
It would seem that there is an inordinate amount of intolerance when it comes to Islam and women (not just pornography)

“I just obeyed Allah’s commandment,” said gunman Mohammad Sarwar. “I will kill all those women who do not follow the right path.”

http://www.philly.com/mld/dailynews/news/opinion/16892042.htm
[/quote]

Care to take a look at the number of Christian serial killers who received their orders directly form God?
http://faculty.ncwc.edu/toconnor/428/428lect10.htm

Do you hear me say that there’s an inordinate amount of intolerance when it comes to Christianity and life?

People will (ab)use any excuse under the sun to oppress their women; Wicked interpretations of Islam just happens to be one of them.

The moral of the story is that religious zealotry of any kind begets violence, and they should all be kept in line.

I’m not one for making massive generalizations, but I have to say that the Muslims despising of free speech makes me wonder how much worth any of these protesters are worth to the world.

And I’d have thrown that fucking bacon at her, too. Then spilled a beer all over her counter and drawn a cross on the counter. Fuck her.

General Pershing, where are you when we need you…

[quote]k.elkouhen wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
k.elkouhen wrote:
Why are you equating 150 members of some unkown Indonesian group (that may or may not be tied to Islam) with all muslims ?

Its an Improper Induction — relish it! ;D

Actually, proofs about entire sets are difficult at best.

You have to prove that an initial premise leads to absurdities. That may actually be possible here though…

I seem to remember that you are a teacher. If so, I hope you’re not teaching math…

Oh and I still don’t have an answer to my question.

[/quote]

I AM a math teacher and you DID get your answer. Don’t blame me if you’re incapable of discerning that.

When I see Muslim massive protests against idiots who want to eradicate Israel or massive protests against idiots who blow up hotels, resorts, or any place else, then maybe I’ll retract what I said.

Until then, they’re all fucking Looney Tunes!

Lixy,

I’d say you are hypersensitive to any legitimate criticism about Islam. You are an undilluted fountain of articles, criticism about the US, US foriegn policy, etc…

I have no problem with the legitimate criticism of my country or government. You however seem to be in a state of denial about radical islam, its history, and the misery its elements inflict on the world on a daily basis. Any time it is pointed called out, you call that islamophobia. I’d call it vigilance.

I saw this article and thought of you:
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,21375264-5005961,00.html

[quote]Lorisco wrote:
lixy wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Guess they never heard of simply not buying the magazine.

Guess they wanna protect their kids from such images.

Riiight! Protect the kids from seeing naked boobs but have them watch Grandma go blow herself up taking out innocent bystanders. What is wrong with this picture?[/quote]

You make it sound like I’m condoning violence. Here’s a clue: I don’t.

[quote]Tokoya wrote:
Lixy,

I’d say you are hypersensitive to any legitimate criticism about Islam. You are an undilluted fountain of articles, criticism about the US, US foriegn policy, etc…

I have no problem with the legitimate criticism of my country or government. You however seem to be in a state of denial about radical islam, its history, and the misery its elements inflict on the world on a daily basis. Any time it is pointed called out, you call that islamophobia. I’d call it vigilance. [/quote]

I criticize Islam enough for Al-Qaeda & co to want my head. Every religion has flaws.

You claim that your criticism is legitimate. I haven’t heard any cool-headed argument besides “look what these crazy dudes did!”. And you go on deducing that Islam preconized such behaviors and that Muslims around the world are supporting it. I have no problem with people criticizing Islam. I just get irritated when people start generalizing whatever was done by fanatics to a billion and a half of people. It’s not only morally wrong; It’s downright dangerous. From my perspective, a witch-hunt has been declared by the Murdoch conglomerate and I just can’t stand there watching my religion getting trashed.

Ask pookie if I can’t accept legitimate criticism of Islam.

[quote]I saw this article and thought of you:
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,21375264-5005961,00.html
[/quote]

Sorry, I didn’t read it. The typo in the title threw me off. I hold my readings to certain standards.

Lixy, around these parts, ignorance is valued… good luck.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
When I see Muslim massive protests against idiots who want to eradicate Israel or massive protests against idiots who blow up hotels, resorts, or any place else, then maybe I’ll retract what I said.

Until then, they’re all fucking Looney Tunes![/quote]

Did you march when McVeigh blew up the federal building? No, you went to teach multiplication tables or algebraic division and let the FBI catch him and maybe watched his trial on TV later.

Did you burn effigies in the street when Pres. Mahmoud Ahmenijad said Israel would be wiped from the pages of history? No, you were probably covering long division or the quadratic equation. You probably even had a PTA meeting that night so you didn’t even find out about it until 2 or 3 days later.

Women (of mixed denominations) in Indonesia protested the anti-pornography ban openly, as did the supporters. Given the amount of public debate and the absence of IEDs, assassination attempts, or internet footage of journalists being beheaded, I have a hard time holding this one against the Indonesian people. Sure, the gov’t made a decision I don’t entirely like, but my gov’t does that now. I understand it’s not the most free of places on Earth, but hardly an example of oppressive and nutty Muslims.

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Southeast_Asia/EC29Ae02.html

[quote]lixy wrote:
Lorisco wrote:
lixy wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Guess they never heard of simply not buying the magazine.

Guess they wanna protect their kids from such images.

Riiight! Protect the kids from seeing naked boobs but have them watch Grandma go blow herself up taking out innocent bystanders. What is wrong with this picture?

You make it sound like I’m condoning violence. Here’s a clue: I don’t.[/quote]

No, your own words make you sound like you hold Muslims up as virtuous. Stating that they want to protect their kids from nude pictures and yet send these same kids out to blow themselves up and others is somewhat absurd.

The fact is that people of any religion who are offended by nude pictures but not at innocent people being murdered are not right in the head!

[quote]lucasa wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
When I see Muslim massive protests against idiots who want to eradicate Israel or massive protests against idiots who blow up hotels, resorts, or any place else, then maybe I’ll retract what I said.

Until then, they’re all fucking Looney Tunes!

Did you march when McVeigh blew up the federal building? No, you went to teach multiplication tables or algebraic division and let the FBI catch him and maybe watched his trial on TV later.

Did you burn effigies in the street when Pres. Mahmoud Ahmenijad said Israel would be wiped from the pages of history? No, you were probably covering long division or the quadratic equation. You probably even had a PTA meeting that night so you didn’t even find out about it until 2 or 3 days later.

Women (of mixed denominations) in Indonesia protested the anti-pornography ban openly, as did the supporters. Given the amount of public debate and the absence of IEDs, assassination attempts, or internet footage of journalists being beheaded, I have a hard time holding this one against the Indonesian people. Sure, the gov’t made a decision I don’t entirely like, but my gov’t does that now. I understand it’s not the most free of places on Earth, but hardly an example of oppressive and nutty Muslims.

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Southeast_Asia/EC29Ae02.html [/quote]

Let me get this straight, Muslims wanting to kill some guy because he publishes naked pictures is not nutty? Hello!

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

I AM a math teacher and you DID get your answer. Don’t blame me if you’re incapable of discerning that.

[/quote]

So math IS your field of expertise.

You should be able to do better then this :

(emphasis mine)

I’m guessing that you meant INFINITE sets and that you CAN prove that an initial premise leads to absurdities.

[quote]lixy wrote:
Tokoya wrote:
Lixy,

I’d say you are hypersensitive to any legitimate criticism about Islam. You are an undilluted fountain of articles, criticism about the US, US foriegn policy, etc…

I have no problem with the legitimate criticism of my country or government. You however seem to be in a state of denial about radical islam, its history, and the misery its elements inflict on the world on a daily basis. Any time it is pointed called out, you call that islamophobia. I’d call it vigilance.

I criticize Islam enough for Al-Qaeda & co to want my head. Every religion has flaws.

You claim that your criticism is legitimate. I haven’t heard any cool-headed argument besides “look what these crazy dudes did!”. And you go on deducing that Islam preconized such behaviors and that Muslims around the world are supporting it. I have no problem with people criticizing Islam. I just get irritated when people start generalizing whatever was done by fanatics to a billion and a half of people. It’s not only morally wrong; It’s downright dangerous. From my perspective, a witch-hunt has been declared by the Murdoch conglomerate and I just can’t stand there watching my religion getting trashed.

Ask pookie if I can’t accept legitimate criticism of Islam.

I saw this article and thought of you:
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,21375264-5005961,00.html

Sorry, I didn’t read it. The typo in the title threw me off. I hold my readings to certain standards.[/quote]

No worries. It had to do with some bad apples issuing death threats because somebody implied that a radical element in the muslim community that had migrated to Australia had issues assimilating. There is a chance those issuing the non peaceful threats adhered to islam…

I’d be pissed if I were you as well. These bad apples are giving the majority a bum steer. However, it is not Murdoch’s fault for reporting it… Planes flying into buildings, shoe bombs, beheadings, and trains blowing up in Madrid & London tend to make the news… and not just on Fox…

[quote]lixy wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Can you refute a single word I said? Do you not surrender your mind to Allah? Instead of trashing, prove something.

I surrender my mind to Allah when I pray. Other than that, I keep a very critical view towards anything that comes along, even words of God and the prophet.

But that might differ from person to person. I didn’t wanna go into this debate because you know that the same can be said of any religion; Yet, you insist on singling out (did I spell that correctly?) Muslims everytime.

Plus, where I come from, the burden of proof is on the accuser.[/quote]

I see…so you’re Muslim when you want to be…when you ‘pray’…now I see how it works.

That actually explains a lot.

[quote]k.elkouhen wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

I AM a math teacher and you DID get your answer. Don’t blame me if you’re incapable of discerning that.

So math IS your field of expertise.

You should be able to do better then this :

Actually, proofs about ENTIRE sets are difficult at best.

You HAVE to prove that an initial premise leads to absurdities.

(emphasis mine)

I’m guessing that you meant INFINITE sets and that you CAN prove that an initial premise leads to absurdities.

[/quote]

I didn’t know that the set of all Muslims was INFINITE! Wow…thanks for that…

I thought that the cardinality of the set of all Muslims was finite, when its really Aleph-null. Amazing!!!