More Pot Propaganda...

This is ridiculous. So depressed teens are turning to marijuana… Could it be they are self-medicating? A link between SUICIDE and LEGAL depression medication has already been established and the gov. expects us to believe their BS about an arguably completely harmless plant? Nevermind that marijuana has been established as a medication for certain ailments… The capacity for the government to underestimate public intelligence is seemingly unlimited.

No wonder Obama will probably be the next president. When he says that the drug war is a “failure” it’s not hard to see why people gravitate towards him. I, and I think many people are sick of this nonsensical “war.”

[quote]beebuddy wrote:
No wonder Obama will probably be the next president. [/quote]

Ouch!

I am so happy I live in Canada. That report can easily stand shoulder to shoulder with “marijuana madness” as the stupidest report ever. If there was any truth to that shit, British Columbia would be full of mental cases.

You guys need a new government real bad.

[quote]streamline wrote:
I am so happy I live in Canada. That report can easily stand shoulder to shoulder with “marijuana madness” as the stupidest report ever. If there was any truth to that shit, British Columbia would be full of mental cases.

You guys need a new government real bad. [/quote]

What he said.
I miss BC, I grew up on the island. And you are correct, if there was truth to that report, the whole island would be an insane asylum.

[quote]streamline wrote:

It’s not like Americans don’t know that this is nonsense. I’m not sure what you mean by “new government” but I will concede that we need new representation. Our system of government is actually unique in it’s ingeniousness.

lol… stoners

[quote]streamline wrote:

too bad your pussy government just panders to our asshole government i.e. marc emery et. al

[quote]beebuddy wrote:
streamline wrote:

It’s not like Americans don’t know that this is nonsense. I’m not sure what you mean by “new government” but I will concede that we need new representation. Our system of government is actually unique in it’s ingeniousness. [/quote]

I think you give the general public WAY too much credit. Most people believe nearly everything they read, especially in the news.

This article will have the desired effect of causing parents to think that marijuana CAUSES depression when the truth is, many teens seem to experience depression no matter what (not to mention the HUGE number of adults who are on anti-depressants currently and marijuana has shit to do with it).

Further, the use of “the kids” to get political agendas across seems to work most of the time. People stopped thinking for themselves decades ago.

Our government seems to have no problem with depression as long as pharmaceutical companies are in charge of the medication for it. It is that “self medication” they want to prevent.

[quote]dianab wrote:
streamline wrote:

What he said.
I miss BC, I grew up on the island. And you are correct, if there was truth to that report, the whole island would be an insane asylum.[/quote]

I second that, even the cops here blaze.

I’m high right now…
I’m from BC too… ahha…

I think smoking pot is sorta like having a beer… Some ppl have a beer or two after a hard day at work to wind down. Usually on Fridays I’ll smoke a joint with some coworkers and relax. I’m not depressed (in fact the last couple weeks I’ve been the happiest I’ve been in years… that doesnt have anything to do with the drugs though)… I might be a little crazy but I dont blame that on the drugs… ahha…

and for you non bc residence… check this out… haha

http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/3541/420galleryls4.jpg

[quote]streamline wrote:

Dude, you’re a dad and down with weed? You sound like a fucking cool, understanding dad from your posts here.

[quote]belligerent wrote:
streamline wrote:

too bad your pussy government just panders to our asshole government i.e. marc emery et. al[/quote]

Yes it is a very sad situation, the rotten spineless bastards!!

[quote]LiftSmart wrote:
dianab wrote:
streamline wrote:

What he said.
I miss BC, I grew up on the island. And you are correct, if there was truth to that report, the whole island would be an insane asylum.

I second that, even the cops here blaze.

[/quote]

Cops confiscate your shit, smoke it, and put like a half G in the evidence bag…

I never really enjoyed marijuana, or alcohol, for that matter. I’m more of a light stims guy.

On topic, however, nearly all teenage folks use marijuana semi-regularly. Also, nearly all teenage folks are depressed semi-regularly. Despite appearances, there is no correlation between the two.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
beebuddy wrote:
streamline wrote:

It’s not like Americans don’t know that this is nonsense. I’m not sure what you mean by “new government” but I will concede that we need new representation. Our system of government is actually unique in it’s ingeniousness.

I think you give the general public WAY too much credit. Most people believe nearly everything they read, especially in the news.

This article will have the desired effect of causing parents to think that marijuana CAUSES depression when the truth is, many teens seem to experience depression no matter what (not to mention the HUGE number of adults who are on anti-depressants currently and marijuana has shit to do with it).

Further, the use of “the kids” to get political agendas across seems to work most of the time. People stopped thinking for themselves decades ago.

Our government seems to have no problem with depression as long as pharmaceutical companies are in charge of the medication for it. It is that “self medication” they want to prevent.[/quote]

Check this out. In the comments section not a single person hasn’t laughed right in the face of this report.

http://health.usnews.com/articles/health/brain-and-behavior/2008/05/09/teen-depression-worsened-by-marijuana-government-says.html

I think it’s generational. This madness ends with the babyboomers (fingers crossed).

[quote]Professor X wrote:
beebuddy wrote:
streamline wrote:

Our government seems to have no problem with depression as long as pharmaceutical companies are in charge of the medication for it. It is that “self medication” they want to prevent.[/quote]

Too bad the government really doesn’t have control over any pharmaceutical companies, though, because of the rediculous amount of lobbying strength they have. That’s why they’re so much more prone to attack and slander the effects of marijuana and why people do them… there’s no lobbyist groups that can put up a legitamate argument for ‘illicit drug’ use.

[quote]SSC wrote:

Too bad the government really doesn’t have control over any pharmaceutical companies, though, because of the rediculous amount of lobbying strength they have. That’s why they’re so much more prone to attack and slander the effects of marijuana and why people do them… there’s no lobbyist groups that can put up a legitamate argument for ‘illicit drug’ use.[/quote]

There are two major marijuana lobbyists. They probably don’t have the combined funds of even 1/10 of one single lobbyist for one single pharm company, but they are doing alright. So far there are at least 12 states with medical marijuana laws on the books and a similar number of states decriminalizing.

People are just stupid and believe the liars in the media. If you are depressed this should cheer you up.

The problem with pot is it does have a negative effect on the brain. Anything that can cause a change in mood can have bad effects. And people do get addicted to it. The risk benefit for self medication isn’t good in my opinion.

Anti depressants can be helpful but can be difficult to get just right. A person smoking might find this to help, but with effects they did not bargain for.

Dr. Amen a M.D. who works with a lot of ADD types among other things has a very negative opinion about pot and has seen brain damage on brain scans with chronic usage.

He has found in his practice that certain anti depressants work better in certain specific cases, not just awilly nilly try this prozac or zoloft like a family doctor might.

And he’s big in favor of a healthy diet and exercise first, as long as you stay away from the bad habits and stick with your program. He has seen many people manage depression without meds, but it does take work.

I’m sorry, but I see many pot heads just seem to be damn lazy and don’t think to try aerobics and nutrition to "cure " their depression. They see this as just another way to get high. like the glass of wine a day crowd that sucks down a 12 pack for their heart and cholesterol, hahaha!

these same folk 20 years ago were using the environment to promote growing hemp for God’s sake!

I you think you are depressed get to a good doc and get some good advice. Eat clean, work out, watch sugar, caffeine, alcohol, and illegal drugs.