More Muscular Dysmorphia

[quote]Massif wrote:

I think some of it is genetic. People look at a metro and think he is conceited and vain (and probably a wanker), but not a threat. But then you get some 250lbs dude with “CEO of Pain” written on his shirt and people freak out on a deep seated primitive level. They know that 2000 years earlier, if they had something that the CEO of Pain wanted, he could have taken it and there would be nothing they could do about it, and that makes them skeeered to their bones.[/quote]

Standard chimp behavior. Two beta males see a threat in the more powerful (potential) Alpha Male. They form an alliance and humiliate/maim/kill the greater threat and then jockey for dominance themselves.

Kind of worried about the whole behavior modification thing. I wonder if they’ll make em’ watch Pumping Iron during the treatments.

[quote]Kagemusha wrote:
so his girlfriend tried to put him on a vegetarian diet[/quote]

What a sick bitch. Couldn’t she just mutiliate his dog or something.

you have to take into account of all the poser-alpha males. You know, the guys with ILS (Imaginary Lat Syndrome). It’s becoming an epidemic and hopefully someone will write an article about it soon. It’s more important than global warming.

Some common symptoms may include:

“Bulk phase” that lasts for years, maybe decades.

Posing in the mirror at the gym, especially when the only other people in there are guys.

Extremely tight shirts with not much muscle at clubs, parties, etc. (Warning! Popped collars are usually combined with this to make an uber-tool)

Strong, “burning” sensation to curl

If you, or someone you love has any of the following symptoms, call for help at your local hospital immediately as a real Alpha Male may put you in your place.

“Katz said men with the disorder may also feel unwarranted anxiety about going to the gym, obsessing about how they will get there, how long they can stay and which machines will be available.”

So does that mean that all of us who get pissed off when people curl in the squat rack have muscle dysmorphia?

[quote]georgeb wrote:
“Katz said men with the disorder may also feel unwarranted anxiety about going to the gym, obsessing about how they will get there, how long they can stay and which machines will be available.”

So does that mean that all of us who get pissed off when people curl in the squat rack have muscle dysmorphia?[/quote]

read my post above ^^ lol

there’s so much bullshit floating about on the net about MD it’s unbelievable.

I wouldnt wish this condition on anyone.

“Researchers say an increasing number of men are unhappy with the way their bodies look.”
“Psychology Today reported that in 1972, 25 percent of men were dissatisfied with their bodies. By 1997, the percentage of men dissatisfied with their bodies had jumped to 67 percent.”

Anyone else notce that these numbers coicide nicely with the onset of the obesity epidemic?
Maybe the reason more men are unsatisfied with their bodies is because more men are fat slobs.

[quote]chrisb71 wrote:

Here is my take on it from my news satire blog:

http://www.eyesontheballnews.com/[/quote]

Link didn’t go through chris… I think this is the one you are looking for…

http://www.eyesontheballnews.com/archives/000196.html

[quote]Professor X wrote:
How do you spend that much time in the gym and still look like this?[/quote]

Look at the shit hes doing in that picture lol. He prolly knows little about nutrition…and uses machines the whole time hes in there.

[quote]Soco wrote:
Kind of worried about the whole behavior modification thing. I wonder if they’ll make em’ watch Pumping Iron during the treatments.

[/quote]

Righty right brothers and friends.

This probably has to do with the fact that there’s a bestselling book called “Size 12 is not Fat.”

[quote]veruvius wrote:
This probably has to do with the fact that there’s a bestselling book called “Size 12 is not Fat.”[/quote]

Of course it’s not. They’re just big-boned. Size 12 isn’t too, but that’s no excuse to just let yourself be fat. Oh, wait! That’s the healthy way to be. We should probably all quit or gyms and join the NAFA, and help bring Krispy Kreme’s stock back up.

[quote]facko wrote:
Professor X wrote:
How do you spend that much time in the gym and still look like this?

Look at the shit hes doing in that picture lol. He prolly knows little about nutrition…and uses machines the whole time hes in there.[/quote]

NOOOO! You’re wrong. Leg extensions are the greatest, most hardcore exercise for getting beer-keg size legs. Squats are for those obsessive, crazy , TESTOSTERONE gushers with 10-inch arms. Oh yeah. You heard me.