T Nation

More maths fun :-)

Think of a number between 1 and 10

multiply that number by 9

your answer is a two digit number. Add those digits together (if you chose 1, skip this step)

now subtract 5

The resulting number will less than 10. Suppose 1=A, 2=B, 3=C and so on. What letter of the alphabet does your number represent?

Now think of a country beginning with that letter.

Write down the name of that country.

Look at the second letter of that country’s name and think of a very large animal beginning with that letter.

Come on now, there are no elephants in Denmark hehehehehehehe

You son of a bitch.

–AL–

there ya go, abusing the old “9” math trick. There is a site somewhere that supposedly “predicts” the image your thinking of or something by using that old fact that multiples of 9 (until 90) add up to 9 when the 2 digits are added, i’ll look for the site and post it once i find it.

Holy shit. Mind fuck.

What about emus in Denmark? Just kidding, damn Jedi mind tricks.

But they do have elephants in Djibouti. :-p

Porkchop

Alway fun to abuse mulitples of 9.

Whenever you see a trick like this, write out the math and all the possibilities. Then it’s obvious how the trick is done.

“Think of a number between 1 and 10”

This limits your initial set of numbers to 2-9.

“multiply that number by 9”

This limits your result to 18, 27, 36, 45, 54, 63, 72, 81

“your answer is a two digit number. Add those digits together (if you chose 1, skip this step)”

Note that this is always going to equal 9

“now subtract 5”

Which will always give you 4

“The resulting number will less than 10. Suppose 1=A, 2=B, 3=C and so on. What letter of the alphabet does your number represent? Now think of a country beginning with that letter.”

Always D

“Write down the name of that country.”

Denmark? There’s what, two others? What are the odds that the average joe knows either of them?

“Look at the second letter of that country’s name and think of a very large animal beginning with that letter.”

You’re limited to “E”. Same story. Other than elephant, what have you got to work with?

“Come on now, there are no elephants in Denmark hehehehehehehe”

Well, maybe in the zoo…

See I got an Elk!!! Which I guess isn’t a very large animal but it’s still large right? I’m wondering if an Elk can run faster than an Elephant and would an elephant beat an Elk in a fight? Your comments diesal and Big-goo-rag?

“I got and Elk!!!” :wink:

Elk beats a turtle you fuckers!!! :wink:

What about Ostriches in the Dominican republic?

Well there’s sweet fuck all of them there too :slight_smile: