More Mass for Legs

[quote]smallmike wrote:
That One Guy wrote:
Moonboi wrote:
Like just regular Milk?

I Squat, do Hack Squats, Leg Press, Walking Lunges, seated Leg Curls and thats about it.

uh and yeah milk. I guarantee you if you start drinking AT LEAST half a gallon a day you will see why.

I’m just guessing by the “boi” in your screenname that you are Asian. If you can drink a half gallon of milk without diarrhea, then keep doing it. But if you can’t (like many Asians), don’t keep drinking it just because we said so.[/quote]

Why would you think that “boi” in the SN would make him Asian?
Actually, using the spelling of “boi” for boy is big in the gay world.
As a matter of fact, i once had a screen name that was PhoenixStorm Boi…

You are right about the gay thing (I just looked it up). I’m glad I didn’t know that because then I would have guessed the original poster was gay.

I assumed it was an Asian thing because all of the people I know who have “boi” in their screenname are asian (and I don’t think they are gay).

A lot of them also have “azn” in their screenname, so maybe that was a better hint at their ethnicity.

As suggested above, 20 rep squats will add an absurd amount of mass to your legs in 6 weeks. Do them. You’ll also get much stronger and you’ll add that overall mass you wanted as well.

The program is outlined on bodybuilding.com. Search 20 rep squats.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
As suggested above, 20 rep squats will add an absurd amount of mass to your legs in 6 weeks. Do them. You’ll also get much stronger and you’ll add that overall mass you wanted as well.

The program is outlined on bodybuilding.com. Search 20 rep squats.[/quote]

just here to beat a dead horse. 20 rep squats work wonders. as he said above, do them. you will not be disappointed.

Be careful with the 20 rep squats, I once read something by Charles Poliquin saying that while they will add mass the will slow you down (obviously not ideal for you), just something you may want to think about.

You might be best going for multiple sets of lower reps.

I’d definitely look at DeFrancos program:

www.defrancostraining.com/articles/archive/articles_westside.htm

Thanx for all of the feedback…yea im quite short now but im supposed to be 6’2 and I’ve grown alot…that picture was taken last year and I’ll start drinking alot of milk, but I’ll eat something with the milk because I’ve drank a lot of milk which = diarrhea and I have stopped because of that, but will get back on it.

wth…I didn’t know that having “boi” in the nick meant that someone was gay, which I could switch it but to bad, but I’ll read up on the 20 rep squats and as someone stated above I dont want to much mass to slow me down, but I’ll see

*This is me now

Do you guys see a differences?

could you video yourself powercleaning 185? Im not doubting, Id just love to see it.

[quote]MikeSh wrote:
could you video yourself powercleaning 185? Im not doubting, Id just love to see it.[/quote]

yea sure…I don’t have a video camera but I can see if I can get some footage from someone with a picture phone…I’ll just do all of my lifts

You let these fools talk you into changing your name. “Boi” is not a gay word, at least not in the hip hop community. I know you’re young, but don’t be THAT impressionable. Your name shouldn’t have been the topic of discussion in the first place.

Some of the people on here don’t know what the fuck they are talking about and believe their own narrow experiences in life go for everyone else on the planet.

As far as seeing a difference between the pics, no, there isn’t much. However, you are just FOURTEEN YEARS OLD. You are still a kid…kid. You don’t even qualify as “young man” status until you can drive. Give this some more time. You are on the right track…if you eat enough to actually grow.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
You let these fools talk you into changing your name. “Boi” is not a gay word, at least not in the hip hop community. I know you’re young, but don’t be THAT impressionable. Your name shouldn’t have been the topic of discussion in the first place.

Some of the people on here don’t know what the fuck they are talking about and believe their own narrow experiences in life go for everyone else on the planet.

As far as seeing a difference between the pics, no, there isn’t much. However, you are just FOURTEEN YEARS OLD. You are still a kid…kid. You don’t even qualify as “young man” status until you can drive. Give this some more time. You are on the right track…if you eat enough to actually grow.[/quote]

Well someone see’s it my way…

You should also thank God before you go to bed tonight for giving you a naturally good foundation to build on. You look great for a kid your age. Man what I wouldn’t give to be able to start over as one of these guys. It took me probably 18 months of serious training to be where you’re at in my late 20’s.

I don’t know what your future plans are and at 14 you may not either, but you have to potential to be one impressive lookin mofo by you mid twenties in my opinion.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
You should also thank God before you go to bed tonight for giving you a naturally good foundation to build on. You look great for a kid your age. Man what I wouldn’t give to be able to start over as one of these guys. It took me probably 18 months of serious training to be where you’re at in my late 20’s.

I don’t know what your future plans are and at 14 you may not either, but you have to potential to be one impressive lookin mofo by you mid twenties in my opinion.[/quote]

yea, I need to start thanking God every night, sometimes I forgot how much of a blessing it is to be built the way I am.

But I’ve had my sights on joining the NFL since I’ve been 7-8, around the time I started playing flag football, but my goal in life is to go to a good college with a great education and a good football team but education comes first. then I would like to get in the NFL.

But I’ve started to gain some more weight by drinking more milk as you guys suggested.

Definitely read up on some of Kelley Baggett’s material. He’s the #1 coach to look into when looking for speed training. You definitely need to work on your speed if you’re only running a 4.9 40 at your size/build.

Nice V taper! Fantastic genetics. I to would like to see the clean and the other lifts.

[quote]shortworkoutguy wrote:
Definitely read up on some of Kelley Baggett’s material. He’s the #1 coach to look into when looking for speed training. You definitely need to work on your speed if you’re only running a 4.9 40 at your size/build.[/quote]

Lunges will help build up your speed. They’re pretty underrated.

[quote]FightingScott wrote:
shortworkoutguy wrote:
Definitely read up on some of Kelley Baggett’s material. He’s the #1 coach to look into when looking for speed training. You definitely need to work on your speed if you’re only running a 4.9 40 at your size/build.

Lunges will help build up your speed. They’re pretty underrated.[/quote]

yea, your right, I would like to get my forty to a 4.7 by May/June and work from their, but I do walking lunges, just not as strictly as I need to be doing them. So I’ll critique myself some more.

Keep workin hard bud. You have a good base to start with especially for your age. Don’t be discouraged with a 4.9 40 at 14 years old, hell I didn’t hit 4.6 til I was 16 and I’m 21 now and have ran 4.47 twice. (4.5x plenty of times).

Like others said, would love to see those lifts you have said you put up. Those are great numbers for a frosh.

[quote]Dan E wrote:
Be careful with the 20 rep squats, I once read something by Charles Poliquin saying that while they will add mass the will slow you down (obviously not ideal for you), just something you may want to think about.

You might be best going for multiple sets of lower reps.

I’d definitely look at DeFrancos program:

www.defrancostraining.com/articles/archive/articles_westside.htm[/quote]

Second this. Multiple sets of lowish reps (say 5) with all reps done as fast as possible. 1-2 mins between sets. Call it a day when you can no longer do 5 in good form.