More Mass for Legs

I am currently a Freshman QB and next year I will be needed to play Varsity football and I would like to pack on some major mass onto my legs, and I need to gain some weight in general.

I am 5’8 145

Bench: 210
Squat: 250
Deadlift: 315
Power Clean: 185

We have a workout regiment at school to help stimulate the muscles, but I need more weight training exercises for my legs, so if anyone knows how I can pack on some mass onto my legs and gain some weight, help would be appreciated:)

Eat more. Actually keep track of your food intake to make sure you are getting enough.

Not gonna call BS on your numbers even if they are high for a FRESHMAN who 5’8" and only 145 pounds, but just make sure your hip joint is getting below the level of your knee joint when you squat. If you try to squat more than you can, you won’t be stimulating your legs as much as you could be, and you will grow less.

To add to the great advice above if looking for a program id suggest West Side For Skinny Bastards by Defranco do a search great for atheletes will allow days of sport specific work as well

Id also suggest Eric Cresseys off season manual.

Phill

Ok, I’ve just started a 4,000 calorie diet, but I will start keeping track of what I eat a day.

Yea, most upper classman and other freshman say I take steroids, which I take as a compliment lol, but I had to work my ass off to get where im at and I need to gain some weight and mass on the legs. I’ll just do as stated above.

And at my school you would be surprised…there are other freshman benching 260—> but they are top-heavy so bear with me:P

[quote]Moonboi wrote:
I am currently a Freshman QB and next year I will be needed to play Varsity football and I would like to pack on some major mass onto my legs, and I need to gain some weight in general.

I am 5’8 145

Bench: 210
Squat: 250
Deadlift: 315
Power Clean: 185

We have a workout regiment at school to help stimulate the muscles, but I need more weight training exercises for my legs, so if anyone knows how I can pack on some mass onto my legs and gain some weight, help would be appreciated:)[/quote]

how bout milk and squats?

Like just regular Milk?

I Squat, do Hack Squats, Leg Press, Walking Lunges, seated Leg Curls and thats about it.

Squats, Deads, Goodmornings, Split Squats, GHRs if you got em, if not Back Extensions aint terrible. And 4,000 should be good for you, make sure you get like 250g or more of protein a day.

[quote]Moonboi wrote:
Like just regular Milk?

I Squat, do Hack Squats, Leg Press, Walking Lunges, seated Leg Curls and thats about it.[/quote]

don’t forget your hamstrings, throw in a SLDL in there or good mornings.

[quote]Moonboi wrote:
Like just regular Milk?

I Squat, do Hack Squats, Leg Press, Walking Lunges, seated Leg Curls and thats about it.[/quote]

uh and yeah milk. I guarantee you if you start drinking AT LEAST half a gallon a day you will see why.

[quote]That One Guy wrote:
Moonboi wrote:
Like just regular Milk?

I Squat, do Hack Squats, Leg Press, Walking Lunges, seated Leg Curls and thats about it.

uh and yeah milk. I guarantee you if you start drinking AT LEAST half a gallon a day you will see why.[/quote]

I’m just guessing by the “boi” in your screenname that you are Asian. If you can drink a half gallon of milk without diarrhea, then keep doing it. But if you can’t (like many Asians), don’t keep drinking it just because we said so.

[quote]smallmike wrote:
That One Guy wrote:
Moonboi wrote:
Like just regular Milk?

uh and yeah milk. I guarantee you if you start drinking AT LEAST half a gallon a day you will see why.

I’m just guessing by the “boi” in your screenname that you are Asian. If you can drink a half gallon of milk without diarrhea, then keep doing it. But if you can’t (like many Asians), don’t keep drinking it just because we said so.[/quote]

Actually Im African American, but I will go ahead and start drinking alot of milk lol.

[quote]Moonboi wrote:
smallmike wrote:
That One Guy wrote:
Moonboi wrote:
Like just regular Milk?

I’m just guessing by the “boi” in your screenname that you are Asian. If you can drink a half gallon of milk without diarrhea, then keep doing it. But if you can’t (like many Asians), don’t keep drinking it just because we said so.

Actually Im African American, but I will go ahead and start drinking alot of milk lol.[/quote]

lol…asian…

At my old high school we had a QB in NC who , as a sophomore, wasn’t any stronger than you but getting scouts from UVA looking at him for scholarships. If you’re not on the varsity team yet your school and general area must be filled with world class athletes and super strong mutants. What’s your 40 yard dash time?

[quote]That One Guy wrote:
Moonboi wrote:
smallmike wrote:
That One Guy wrote:
Moonboi wrote:
Like just regular Milk?

Actually Im African American, but I will go ahead and start drinking alot of milk lol.

lol…asian…[/quote]

yea lol…but I’ll keep you guys updated on my progress.

[quote]FightingScott wrote:
At my old high school we had a QB in NC who , as a sophomore, wasn’t any stronger than you but getting scouts from UVA looking at him for scholarships. If you’re not on the varsity team yet your school and general area must be filled with world class athletes and super strong mutants. What’s your 40 yard dash time?[/quote]

My 40 is only a 4.9 but with me about to start track I would like to get it to a 4.7, but yea we our school is known for “muscle heads” around the area. We have a great workout program and dedicated players that basically live in the weight room including me.

Those are some damn good lifts for a freshman in high school.

I agree with everyone else here. Your training program must be at the least ok if you can put those numbers up, or you have really good genes.

Either way, just eat, and you’ll put mass on with time.

[quote]HJLau75 wrote:

Either way, just eat, and you’ll put mass on with time. [/quote]

There is a lot of filling out that occurs between the ages of 14 and 18. It may seem like a slow process now, but the reality is you are ahead of most people and the progress you make over the next couple of years is probably going to make a lot of people envious if you stick with it. I would definitely hold onto pictures you take of yourself now. You won’t look like the same person by the time you hit college.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
HJLau75 wrote:

Either way, just eat, and you’ll put mass on with time.

There is a lot of filling out that occurs between the ages of 14 and 18. It may seem like a slow process now, but the reality is you are ahead of most people and the progress you make over the next couple of years is probably going to make a lot of people envious if you stick with it. I would definitely hold onto pictures you take of yourself now. You won’t look like the same person by the time you hit college.[/quote]

Exactly. I’ve gained almost 20kg during high school just by lifting and eating a bit more than usually, and I can just laugh when I take a look at old pictures of mine.
And the key was probably milk.
when my friends were eating shitty sandwiches from cafeteria I went to made my own sandwiches (just bigger) and during school breaks I would drink milk like crazy. Well, they really thought I was crazy, but who cares, I was getting bigger.
So I second the idea of adding milk to your diet (just start slowly, diarrhea is a bitch:))

kinda short for a quarterback, you would be an excelent running back. Also make sure you get plenty of rest to allow for optiumum growth for all that hard training you do.