T Nation

More Mainstream Nutrition Advice

something i found on a “test your food IQ” on canadianliving.com link from MSN

"9. To build muscles, increase your intake of:
a. Protein-rich foods, such as steak and eggs
b. Carbohydrate-rich foods, such as pasta and bread

Answer:
b. Building muscles requires a combination of food and exercise. It takes physical exercise to build muscles, and carbohydrate-rich foods are important to meet the increased energy needs of your muscle-building regimen. Although athletes and those who work out regularly need slightly more protein in their diets for extra muscle development and maintenance, this is easily achieved by eating a balanced diet."

i will guess that according to them 50 grams is “enough” protein for building noticable muscle mass

and we wonder why we’re a nation of fatasses, eat more bread and pasta lol

[quote]cyph31 wrote:

Answer:
b. Building muscles requires a combination of food and exercise. It takes physical exercise to build muscles, and carbohydrate-rich foods are important to meet the increased energy needs of your muscle-building regimen. Although athletes and those who work out regularly need slightly more protein in their diets for extra muscle development and maintenance, this is easily achieved by eating a balanced diet."

i will guess that according to them 50 grams is “enough” protein for building noticable muscle mass

[/quote]

Eat pasta and bread to gain muscle? WTF. Better yet, FTW!!

Jesus. I’ll use a GIF for this one.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
cyph31 wrote:

Answer:

Eat pasta and bread to gain muscle? WTF. Better yet, FTW!!

Jesus. I’ll use a GIF for this one. [/quote]

that hurts

If that was true I would be fuckin Ripped and m y dick would be 20 inches longer… a yard stick is unwieldy though :SSSSSSS

Seriously… so many people are full of such bullshit… im so sick of all this hypothetic crap…if you havent done it or seen it happen first hand then stfu

I am pretty sure the answer so the question is BOTH A and B for the most part.

[quote]DanErickson wrote:
I am pretty sure the answer so the question is BOTH A and B for the most part.[/quote]

NUH UHHH!

All you need is protein. 20 scoops a day. Itll get you hyoooooge.

[quote]Stronghold wrote:
NUH UHHH!

All you need is protein. 20 scoops a day. Itll get you hyoooooge.[/quote]

That, and NO-XPLODE. Maybe some Creatine too. Use it with wool socks. Poly-cotton blends don’t allow for optimal absorption.

[quote]Makavali wrote:
Stronghold wrote:
NUH UHHH!

All you need is protein. 20 scoops a day. Itll get you hyoooooge.

That, and NO-XPLODE. Maybe some Creatine too. Use it with wool socks. Poly-cotton blends don’t allow for optimal absorption.[/quote]

Silk socks are better for getting toned.