More info that didn't make the HOT-ROX article

A lot of times, you have to pick and choose what you’re going to bring out, in order to succeed in explaining things well at all. I like how the HOT-ROX article turned out, but there’s one point that, while I think it’s very exciting and important yet little known, was left out for clarity.

Namely, increasing lipolysis itself works to increase metabolic rate. While it’s possible for the body to be unable to comply or fully comply, particularly for example if sufficient oxaloacetate isn’t available, still the tendency is for increased availability of fatty acids to increase their own rate of burning.

In a way it’s problematic making analogies to other things, since such analogies prove nothing, but when valid they can be illustrative. Here, a valid analogy is to a diesel engine or to a furnace furnace. How do they work? Does making the pistons move faster, or the flame bigger, suck more fuel out of the tank… or does pumping more fuel into the engine or burner speed up the pistons or give a hotter flame?

In other words, how is the fuel burn rate as well as the output of the diesel engine, or furnace, regulated? Answer, directly by the rate of fuel pumping.

(Assuming clean burners, availability of needed things like air, etc.)

It’s the same in the body. While rate of energy expenditure in muscle during exercise certainly is controlled otherwise, so far as resting metabolic rate is concerned, higher fatty acid concentration in the bloodstream does promote faster metabolism. Accordingly, since HOT-ROX is such an effective lipolytic, one expectation we have of it is that many who are at, say, 8% bodyfat could take HOT-ROX and not change diet or exercise, yet still enjoy an “inadvertent” drop in bodyfat.

Well, not quite inadvertent since the effort was made to take HOT-ROX so there was some plan to lose fat, but still what I mean is a loss where one really may not have been expecting anything due to having not yet undertaken any change in diet or exercise, yet the change happens nonetheless.

I’d attribute this, when it occurs,
to first, directly, lipolysis exceeding lipogenesis which absolutely guarantees fat loss; and then indirectly to the faster metabolism occurring from the increased availability of fatty acids, as well as to uncoupling.

Anyhow, those were some more points that were brought up in various drafts of the article, and which were quite relevant to the overall thought process behind HOT-ROX, but weren’t included in that particular article. I realize it does seem the reverse direction from what everyone else seems to say about how fat-loss works, but IMO this direction is correct.

BTW, my apologies for having been absent for the forum for a number of weeks… I should be back now! :slight_smile:

Good stuff, Bill…and nice to have you back.

Thanks for the additional thoughts, Bill. (And welcome back!)

Glad to have you back, Bill!

Glad you’re back Bill!

Thanks! :slight_smile: