More Idiocy from Mensfitness.com

lmfao@ short sleeves are for golf only. yo who the fuck wrote this shit? someone with egzima or something?

sandals are for jesus only? so explain to me why A) half the dudes in my lit class come in wearing sandals, regardless that its fall. B) half the girls come into my lit class wearing sandals also.

i need to write my own men’s magazine. it may only get produced in Serbia but it will get published god damn it.

[quote]jdarkraget wrote:
14. Short sleeves are for golf only; sandals are for Jesus only.

HOW… HOW… how the hell can they mention short sleeves but not CROCS???

When I see a guy wearing those i purposefully walk away so there is no chance of me being mis-associated with him.

1. Drive a stick shift. Men look ineffectual driving automatics.

Untill they are stuck in traffic coming from the gym after leg day cursing the traffic around them as their left leg starts to cramp and spasm from workin the damn clutch
[/quote]

Try driving a stick with no power steering after a heavy push workout. It’s practically my finishing exercise.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

Try driving a stick with no power steering after a heavy push workout. It’s practically my finishing exercise.[/quote]

Been there done that… gota love the 94 stratus minus power EVERYTHING.

Some other fitness article titles (might have been thought up by me):

Toil Under Heavy Weights For Years And Still Look Like You Don’t Lift!

Get Puny Now! One Set, One Workout A Month!

Eat Garbage And Look It, Too!

Try This Back Breaking Back Routine!

Cythium! The Supp That Gives You The Shits!

Lose Weight Fast: How-To on Food Poisoning!

Gain Inches On Your Waist By Doing Absolutely Nothing All Day!

Get Hyoooge Biceps Instantly - The Concave Mirror Method!

Knock Women Off Their Feet Part 3 - The Baseball Bat Technique

Enrich Your Sex Life - Get Divorced!

Gain 3 Inches On Your Cock And 250 lbs On Your Bench - Creating Your Forum Profile Do’s and Dont’s

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
Try driving a stick with no power steering after a heavy push workout. It’s practically my finishing exercise.[/quote]

Haha this describes my truck in HS. I love the quivering leg feeling trying to work the clutch after a good squat session.

[quote]cyph31 wrote:
http://www.mensfitness.com/fitness/222

here’s one mistake they missed

1. doing lots of cardio

also check out the ad for their front cover:

“get lean and strong in 30 days”, yep and pigs fly out of my ass

“goodbye gut” let me guess they won’t mention 1) food allergies 2) stress 3) excess garbage carbs[/quote]

The list about cardio is correct except for the fact that steady state cardio sucks for weight loss.

in the original article , http://www.mensfitness.com/fitness/222 , what is it that you guys find so lame ?

I’ve seen #1 thru #4 mentioned plenty around here…simple points to make your gym-time more productive .

#5 …not so much . dont see this mentioned much.

granted , the article doesnt mention anything about lifting weights , but the title DOES elude to fat-loss as a topic…not mass building as a topic.

what am I missing ?

My truck had no power steering and a mechanical clutch. I too finish my workout by tugging on that wheel while my foot quivers on the clutch.

[quote]marlboroman wrote:
in the original article , http://www.mensfitness.com/fitness/222 , what is it that you guys find so lame ?

I’ve seen #1 thru #4 mentioned plenty around here…simple points to make your gym-time more productive .

#5 …not so much . dont see this mentioned much.

granted , the article doesnt mention anything about lifting weights , but the title DOES elude to fat-loss as a topic…not mass building as a topic.

what am I missing ?[/quote]

their article would be accurate if they replaced the words “fat loss” with “weight loss”

[quote]cyph31 wrote:
their article would be accurate if they replaced the words “fat loss” with “weight loss”[/quote]

so the points in the article will not aid in a fat-loss goal ?

I think that Mens Fitness is probably the best choice for a decent fitness mag…it’s not metro like Men’s Health

also your new avatar is so much better 781!

what the f**k? i only read the first point of the article and it already makes me want to bitch slap the author…

this is just what TC (at least i think it was him) wrote about in an article, that some magazines try to tell people that well built bodies are no longer “trendy”, so the average fat guy can think he doesn’t actually has work hard to get an aspired physique, all it takes is “running” at walking speed half the day and eating low-fat shit…

Apparently readers of Men’s Fitness only run on the treadmill when they go to the gym.

[quote]trextacy wrote:
DouglasJ16 wrote:
Haha very true. Cardio, cardio, cardio…wait, what?? No shit you’re still out of shape and flabby.

Check this out

#1 is bullshit
#2 is directly related to the bs rule #1
#13 is questionable- I’d say there’s a fine line between ‘acting hot’ (?) and ‘acting like a cocky asshole’

#1 is probably true for most women. That’s just the way it is.There are exceptions…but that’s what they are, exceptions.[/quote]

Yeah its a shame if you ask me. Someone who lifts weights seriously shows dedication and a solid work ethic. It also shows they care about themselves.

I think the thought process (for these women who don’t like built guys) is that if they’re built they must count every calorie and would rather lift than take her out and would rather add 5 pounds to their squat than take a vacation and have crazy awesome sex, and they must be stupid meat head steroid users (!!!) etc, etc.

(I’d also say this thought process in a guy equates to the tiny, metro, lets go shopping fella)

I don’t know about you guys but it pisses me the fuck off. I know a few guys who lift as seriously as I do and they’re HARD ASS WORKERS, extremely smart, good guys/friends and so on.

I’d LOVE to find a girl who cared about how she looked to the point where she’d eat right and work out–nothing crazy–but this bullshit eat pizza and ice cream then don’t eat for a day to try to ‘lose that weight’ is stupid and obviously doesn’t work but they don’t realize that.

I find that those who are extremely dedicated to training have another aspect of their life they have a passion for and strive to excel. For me its school right now. Again, a good quality…so what’s the problem people??

(Sorry for the rant, had to get it out)

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
lol@ men look eneffective driving an automatic. bitch you look eneffective sitting in the passanger seat.[/quote]

Bwahahahahaha!!!
I actually started laughing at work from this…

[quote]Sharp4850 wrote:
Apparently readers of Men’s Fitness only run on the treadmill when they go to the gym.[/quote]

Because they might break a finger nail if they tried to lift something!

[quote]mr popular wrote:
Girls like boys. Women like men, and men have muscles.[/quote]

x3 on that! Great quote Mr. Popular!

and women have wrinkles

well all women seem to turn insane above the age of 15 so looks are a secondary priority for me before i assess if they are right in the head

[quote]DouglasJ16 wrote:
Haha very true. Cardio, cardio, cardio…wait, what?? No shit you’re still out of shape and flabby.

Check this out

#1 is bullshit
#2 is directly related to the bs rule #1
#13 is questionable- I’d say there’s a fine line between ‘acting hot’ (?) and ‘acting like a cocky asshole’
[/quote]

#2 is true. If ayou are only a medium of course. Isn’t #1 a stupid thing to have in a magazine that profits by selling ‘secret new lifting programs guaranteed to pack on the lbs’ and is funded by supplement company advertisers? Nice job mens fitness. nice job