More gym stories

On Monday I was deadlifting and this 125 lb. personal trainer comes up and starts telling me how qualified he is and how much he could help me improve all my lifts especially the one I was doing. I then asked him what it was that I was doing and his response was, “I don’t know but you can’t be doing it right because your shins are bleeding”. I told him what I was doing and that the shins were a pretty good sign that I was doing it right. He just looked at me like I was crazy and proceeded to walk over and do like 74 sets of concentration curls with 15 lb dumbbells. This just reaffirms my belief that 99% of the people at my gym are idiots. On a side note, the look of horror I get from the sheep at my gym as they walk by and see my shins after my eight sets of heavy deads is always the highlight of my week.

As one of my college professors once said “You can always tell a good deadlifter by their shins”. I wear thicker workout pants when I deadlift so I don’t torture my shins too much, however I do have some nice scars on my shins