T Nation

More Great Quotes!

"Let’s face it: The former frat boys who populate Wall Street today understand economics about as well as the pinko professors whose courses they snored through.

That’s why betting their entire industry on “subprime” loans to people with no jobs and no collateral made sense to them – and why betting the entire U.S. economy on the likes of Obama makes sense to them now.

These jokers don’t even know what’s in their own self-interest, much less yours. Trusting them with your money is like trusting Bill Clinton to babysit your underage niece."

--- Mrk Skousen

This would be hilarious if it wasn’t so true …

“It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg…for my neighbor to have 20 gods, or no God.” - Thomas Jefferson

“Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children.” - Dwight D. Eisenhower.

“It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded, who cry for blood, more vengeance. More desolation.” - William Tecumseh Sherman

“As Mankind becomes more liberal, they will be more apt to allow that all those who conduct themselves as worthy members of the community are equally entitled to the protections of civil government. I hope ever to see America among the foremost nations of justice and liberality.” - George Washington

“I didn’t vote for Mr. Bush, let’s just leave it at that.” - Johnny Cash

i think Genghis Khan would disagree with quote number 3

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
i think Genghis Khan would disagree with quote number 3[/quote]

Qapla’ batlh je!

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
"Let’s face it: The former frat boys who populate Wall Street today understand economics about as well as the pinko professors whose courses they snored through.

That’s why betting their entire industry on “subprime” loans to people with no jobs and no collateral made sense to them – and why betting the entire U.S. economy on the likes of Obama makes sense to them now.

These jokers don’t even know what’s in their own self-interest, much less yours. Trusting them with your money is like trusting Bill Clinton to babysit your underage niece."

--- Mrk Skousen

[/quote]

The guys on Wall Street voted for Obama?

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
“It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg…for my neighbor to have 20 gods, or no God.” - Thomas Jefferson

“Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children.” - Dwight D. Eisenhower.

“It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded, who cry for blood, more vengeance. More desolation.” - William Tecumseh Sherman

“As Mankind becomes more liberal, they will be more apt to allow that all those who conduct themselves as worthy members of the community are equally entitled to the protections of civil government. I hope ever to see America among the foremost nations of justice and liberality.” - George Washington

“I didn’t vote for Mr. Bush, let’s just leave it at that.” - Johnny Cash[/quote]

Great quotes!

“The era of lobbyists is over in Washington.”
— Obama (last year)

“If you’re never the lead dog, the view never changes.”
— anonymous

“Why are politics and Obama-bashing the only thing that Headhunter ever talks about?” - Everyone on T-Nation who isn’t on PWI [Joking - Kind of]

“If you’re not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you’re not a conservative at forty you have no brain.” - Winston Churchill

“A liberal is a man who is right most of the time, but he’s right too soon” - Gregory Nunn

Iron Dwarf, thank you… I have been searching for that quote for some time now.

Shane, which one?

“I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.”
— Ayn Rand (who else?)

“I feel good today, Silent Bob, we’re gonna make some money, then you know what we’re going to do? We’re gonna go to that party, we’re gonna get some pussy, and I’m gonna fuck this bitch, I’ma fuck this bitch, I’ll fuck ANYTHING THAT MOVES! Yo, what the fuck you lookin’ at, I’ll kick your fuckin’ ass! Shit yeah. Doesn’t that fucker owe me 10 bucks? You know, fuckin’ tonight, we’re gonna rip off this fucker’s head, and take out his fuckin’ soul. Remind me if he tries to buy something, I’m gonna shit in the motherfucker’s bag. Hey, what’s up baby? What’s up, sluts? Yeah. Silent Bob, your a rude motherfucker, you know that? But you’re cute as hell. I could go down on you, suck you, line up three other guys, make like a circus seal. Ewww, you fucking faggot, I hate guys. I LOVE WOMEN!” - Jay

[quote]Rattler wrote:
“I feel good today, Silent Bob, we’re gonna make some money, then you know what we’re going to do? We’re gonna go to that party, we’re gonna get some pussy, and I’m gonna fuck this bitch, I’ma fuck this bitch, I’ll fuck ANYTHING THAT MOVES! Yo, what the fuck you lookin’ at, I’ll kick your fuckin’ ass! Shit yeah. Doesn’t that fucker owe me 10 bucks? You know, fuckin’ tonight, we’re gonna rip off this fucker’s head, and take out his fuckin’ soul. Remind me if he tries to buy something, I’m gonna shit in the motherfucker’s bag. Hey, what’s up baby? What’s up, sluts? Yeah. Silent Bob, your a rude motherfucker, you know that? But you’re cute as hell. I could go down on you, suck you, line up three other guys, make like a circus seal. Ewww, you fucking faggot, I hate guys. I LOVE WOMEN!” - Jay[/quote]

"fuck, fuck, fuck, motha motha fuck, motha motha fuck fuck…"jay cont…

“You wake up at Seatac, SFO, LAX. You wake up at O’Hare, Dallas-Fort Worth, BWI. Pacific, mountain, central. Lose an hour, gain an hour. This is your life, and it’s ending one minute at a time. You wake up at Air Harbor International. If you wake up at a different time, in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?”-Jack.

“Tomorrow will be the most beautiful day of Raymond K. Hessel’s life. His breakfast will taste better than any meal you and I have ever tasted.”-Tyler Durden

“Fuck damnation, man! Fuck redemption! We are God’s unwanted children? So be it!”-Tyler Durden

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
“I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.”
— Ayn Rand (who else?)[/quote]

Because she was an intelligent and happy person.

“The way to gain a good reputation, is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear.” - Socrates

“If we do not plant knowledge when young, it will give us no shade when we are old.”-
Lord Chesterfield

“Men are like steel. When they lose their temper, they lose their worth.”-
Chuck Norris

“It is the weak who are cruel. Gentleness can only be expected from the strong.”-
Leo Roskin

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
[/quote]

Just to be clear (because I know ya fall a lil’ left of center), 18th century definition of ‘liberal’ was much different than today’s use of the word in US politics. By ‘more liberal’ he was referring to ‘less constrained by Government rule’. The ‘government protections’ he refers to is the Constitution.

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

• Ben Franklin

Choose Life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a fucking big television, choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol, and dental insurance. Choose fixed interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisurewear and matching luggage. Choose a three-piece suite on hire purchase in a range of fucking fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who the fuck you are on Sunday morning.

Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pissing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fucked up brats you spawned to replace yourselves. Choose your future. Choose life… But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose life. I chose somethin’ else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you’ve got heroin?

• Renton/ Irvine Welsh

“How nice, to feel nothing, and still get full credit for being alive”- vonnegut

“hell is other people”- sartre

“The world is a comedy to those who think, a tragedy to whose who feel.”- walpole

“Be careful when you fight monsters, lest you become one.”- nietzsche

“My country is the world, and my religion is to do good.”- thomas pain

“They say about me that I am the strangest person, always making people confused.”- socrates

“I never try anything–I just do it. Wanna try me?”- rob zombie

“It is the curse of the universal man that by trying to be everything, he is nothing.”- baltasar gracian

I keep a fat book for quotes. got hundreds.

[quote]decapsk8 wrote:
“You wake up at Seatac, SFO, LAX. You wake up at O’Hare, Dallas-Fort Worth, BWI. Pacific, mountain, central. Lose an hour, gain an hour. This is your life, and it’s ending one minute at a time. You wake up at Air Harbor International. If you wake up at a different time, in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?”-Jack.

“Tomorrow will be the most beautiful day of Raymond K. Hessel’s life. His breakfast will taste better than any meal you and I have ever tasted.”-Tyler Durden

“Fuck damnation, man! Fuck redemption! We are God’s unwanted children? So be it!”-Tyler Durden
[/quote]

“Your the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world”