T Nation

More Fresh Meat

It’s been a year or more since I came here, and I had a different user name then (changed email when I moved and forgot the pword), but nobody would know me as I was mostly a lurker. That said, I’d like to hear some suggestions from people to top off all the stuff I’ve read up on already in this forum and on the net in general.

Stats:
-6’1"
-218 lbs
-10% - 11% bf
-2 yrs TRT user (120mg / week test cyp, .5g arimidex e3d, 250iu hcg day 6 & 7 of cycle).
-33 years old, Been lifting for 5+ years consecutively, plus a few years here and there when younger.

So now the question. Other than the TRT I’ve never tried any gear before. I’m kind of experimenting on myself to see what happens, but I don’t want any overnight big size gains. Sure, I’d love to be bigger, but powerlifting is more my thing than bodybuilding, and I’m too damn cheap to buy bigger pants. I’m thinking of stepping up to around 250mg / week of test for 6 - 8 weeks.

Like I said, I’m experimenting to learn how it feels and works as much as anything, and I’m more interested in a systematic approach than jumping in head first w/ 500+ mg / week. Not to mention my wife would be annoyed if I was humping her leg every time I saw her (she already thinks I try to anyhow).

As for PCT, I’ve got the adex I take already and the HCG. I have some tamoxifen stashed away just in case too, even though my lab work regularly shows very low levels of E. Keeping libido is a must just because it’s fun. The wife is 5 months into her second pregnancy and after the baby is born I’ll be going under the knife. When the cycle is done, I’ll still be on the doc prescribed 120mg / week so restoring natural levels is not a concern.

I’ve thought about trying some other stuff, a longer ester Tren in particular, but having read lots of suggestions, it makes sense for me to start with test and get a feel for that before I jump into trying anything else. I want to avoid anything that’s going to complicate any piss tests I have to take too, of course.

I appreciate any feedback you guys have, and am happy to field any questions as to what’s wrong with my head re: such a “low” dose.

Nope… i think you are being responsible and sensible in every way - and i personally believe (seen with my own 2 eyes) that 250mg is good for more than a hard on.

Tren is a little much to be thining about, but i would say 200mg of deca for 8 weeks with 250mg test would be a very productive stack indeedy.

J

I thought Deca could be detected for up to a year in a piss test? I don’t want to run any risks of that. I might have a PL meet in September if I can arrange my schedule right.

Why not ramp up the levels slowly. Till he gets the rate of slow gains he wants? Would that not work?

IE…

Week 1-4 200mgs a week

Check gains

Week 4-8 Decide increase by 75mgs or decrease by 25-50mgs.

Week 8-10 Keep the dosage or back off 25mgs

Taper back down from here to TRT dose.

Would that work?

[quote]Phineas wrote:
I thought Deca could be detected for up to a year in a piss test? I don’t want to run any risks of that. I might have a PL meet in September if I can arrange my schedule right.[/quote]

I wasnt aware that was a concern… but yes you are right.

Id personally suggest bumping the test to about 400mg/wk and increasing the adex if necessary. You may have to go to something like EOD rather than E3D.

What are you test/E2 levels coming back at with your current dosing protocol?

Dirtbag:
I like the ramping up idea… might have to give that some serious thought.

My current levels at 120mg are hovering near or slightly above the high end of the normal range. The doc is happy with that and obviously so am I.

LilGuy:
My last labs the E2 levels were too low to be measured.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]Phineas wrote:
I thought Deca could be detected for up to a year in a piss test? I don’t want to run any risks of that. I might have a PL meet in September if I can arrange my schedule right.[/quote]

If you PL you must MUST give Tren a try. It gets you crazy strong on your 1RM like nothing else. Tren has a fairly long detection time if you believe the online charts so I don’t know what to tell you there. You will get super strong super fast but once off it the strength will begin to fade. Proper training might let you keep some of the surge though.

Bushy:
I thought about Masteron too, but I wanted to hear “real” people talk about it (as real as I can tell you guys are - unless you’re all 40 year old men sitting in your tighty-whities pretending to be stacked 18 year old bi girls), instead of just reading reviews. That and this is also an educational experience for me, I’d kind of like to get one thing out of the way first before jumping into a full blown stack.

As for PCT, yeah, I’m not worried about that at all. I tossed that in because I figured if I did not somebody would jump on me and tell me I was some punk idiot that shouldn’t be thinking about this sort of thing without doing research.

I’m a smart guy, or so I like to think, but this forum can be more than a little intimidating to someone who has seldom posted on it before. Took me a few days to work out how I wanted to ask my question to minimize potential harassment and I have to say, either I did a good job asking or I did not give the people who have responded enough credit for doing so in a respectful and professional manner. So, um, thanks for that!

Saps:
I’ve read good things about it, but now I’m curious about the fade you mention. Well that and I still want to probably save that for the future just so I can get a feel for introducing myself to elevated AAS on a steady rate instead of jumping on a proverbial grenade of goodness.

So what’s the ratio, with proper training and diet, of what you can keep long term vs. what you lose from Tren? Assume test level remains constant and no other AAS.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:

Actually, I am a stacked 18 year old bi girl, pretending to be a 30 something chiro student :wink:

Bushy[/quote]

So, um, what are ya wearing? :wink:

[quote]Phineas wrote:
I’ve read good things about it, but now I’m curious about the fade you mention. Well that and I still want to probably save that for the future just so I can get a feel for introducing myself to elevated AAS on a steady rate instead of jumping on a proverbial grenade of goodness.

So what’s the ratio, with proper training and diet, of what you can keep long term vs. what you lose from Tren? Assume test level remains constant and no other AAS.[/quote]

Respectable decision to wait on tren. Nothing wrong with keeping it simple the first time around and sticking closer to test.
The fade as we are calling it will occur with any and all gear products. No one will ever maintain what they had off that they did when on. What makes tren so potentially heartbreaking is the extent of the losses/gains.
For instance, if you run a decent test cycle and gain maybe 20-25lbs. With a proper taper and coming off you can actually keep a sizeable percentage of your muscle/weight gains. With tren the percentage of gains with specific respect to strength is much lower. So for instance, if you go on a tren cycle and increase you deadlift by 100lbs on the tren when you come off the tren you might only net say 40lbs. [I’m totally grabbing these numbers out of mid-air] Sure through proper training and diet you can maximize strength gains keep as well but in general strength lost is greater proportionally than size/weight/muscle lost.
So as a PL you will notice the being off tren moreso than being off test per se

That’s prolly not a good thing then, minor variances I can handle. Big ones like that would just feed the addict in me and make me go for more and more.

Besides that there’s the issue of getting my hands on stuff like that. Availability is never as good I’d like it to be (I imagine everybody feels that way though).

Sorry to disappoint… but actually, i have found availability very nice over the past few years.

Money seems to be my restricting factor…!

Tell you what saps… that little ditty has really turned me off tren… it is the same reason why i am not too eager to use oxys… all the water and amazing gains are great - too great, the crashes from such drugs is just too depressing IMO. i like to keep some after!

J