T Nation

More Food=Better Recovery?

I have noticed that most workout plans advise you to eat as much as possible. Does more food equal better recovery?

Of course.

I do apologize if that was a little too obvious. I come up with these questions that I should know the answer to, but don’t.

[quote]Ballin4Christ32 wrote:
I do apologize if that was a little too obvious. I come up with these questions that I should know the answer to, but don’t. [/quote]

Yes, clearly. You go to the gym you bust your ass breaking your body down. You intake adequate nutrients, rest, recover, repair, and come back stronger.

D

More than what?

If you’re already eating well over maintenance, then more food isn’t going to make you recover faster.

If it did, anyone could workout all day as long as they eat all day, and they’d get bigger than Ronnie Coleman.

Which workout program tells you to eat as much as possible?

well im doing Quattro Dynamo. now i dont mean just stuffing yourself to the brim, but more like eating as much as you can (clean foods )

Yup your on the right track with that line of thinking bro. Food diet is realt the largets player no matter the goal. It is in a sense the largest anabolic (building) substance there is for us.

Greater and even more important than say your hormone levels, (testosterone, etc) Say you were taking buckets of steroids it would all be for not if you didnt eat.

i find appetite to be a poor indicator of if i’m eating “more” or not. sometimes more is easy. sometimes more is stuffing myself when i would’ve quit otherwise if i didn’t have a caloric goal to hit. numbers don’t lie. feelings do.