More Excuses for the Fat?

[quote]nowakc wrote:
Unless fat is selected for that won’t make any sense - fat is still not an advantageous trait to have so those who are predisposed to it don’t have any natural genetic advantage that makes them more likely to breed. Unless something interesting is going on, skinny people are equally or moreso likely to breed than fat people, meaning there shouldn’t be any rise in “fat” genes in the population.[/quote]

i see what youre saying. i agree because like i said earlier i dont think this fat crisis or whatever you want to call it has been happening long enough to take that toll. people were much skinnier in the 70’s and 80’s i mean this is more a dilema of the 2000’s than anything.

the potential problem though is how long is this going to keep up? im talking about the laziness of people, the poor food choices, ect.
because it seems to me that since its more common to be out of shape than inshape these days people are going to pair regardless but theyre going to do it with people like them, very fat.

humans are also more socially complex. you cant say that just because you fit an ideal; athletic and good looking, that youre likely to get every person you want. i think the collective level of self-esteem as a whole is dropping. it almost seems the better looking you get the less likely you are to get someone these days.

this paradox could also be linked to the growing rate of obesity. less and less people are fitting these ideals so its seeming that if you do fit them you are somehow percieved as some superbeing too good for anyone.

bottom line is just because youre good looking you dont have exclusive breeding rights. 9/10 the lady i see pushing a babystroller is overweight, not a milf.

[quote]chimera182 wrote:

I stumbled upon this article, and I’m not sure whether or not the author has a valid point.

"People have different metabolisms. There are people who eat tons of food and never exercise, yet they are skinny. There are other people who eat healthy foods in reasonable portions, exercise for hours, and will still probably always be “overweight.” "

My initial opinion is that people are just lazy and don’t know what qualifies as proper exercise, and healthy food. Although I suppose there are people who legitimately can’t lose weight. I’ve run into tons of people in my dorm who complain about crappy metabolisms, and yet they drink kool aid right before bed, so I’m tempted to think that most people are full of crap.
[/quote]

I will settle this right here forever.

Have you ever seen any Jews in the concentration camps FAT? I am sure out of 6 million Jews one would have found at least a couple with thyroid problems and therefore fat?!

Fact is fat people eat too much - that is why they are disgusting fat bodies. Eat less! This is the best fat reduction advice I or anyone could ever give.

[quote]mmllcc wrote:

Have you ever seen any Jews in the concentration camps FAT? I am sure out of 6 million Jews one would have found at least a couple with thyroid problems and therefore fat?!

Fact is fat people eat too much - that is why they are disgusting fat bodies. Eat less! This is the best fat reduction advice I or anyone could ever give.

[/quote]

I think that example might end up offending some people.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

That means when some very average woman claims she doesn’t like big muscles, don’t assume this means she doesn’t like big muscles. Very often, her reasons for rejecting that look are based on more than appearance alone. I also firmly believe that most women do have low self esteem. The ones who don’t are rare.[/quote]

lol@ when girls say shit like that. ive only heard the opposite but then again im not on the cover of Flex. if a girl did ever try to say that shit to me though id flat out break her down. im not an idiot i can pick up on peoples psyche pretty easily.

as far as girls having low self-esteem, is it suprising? imagine if you were bombarded with pictures of Flex Wheeler, Dexter Jackson and Arnold everywhere you looked, every magazine, every bilboard.
bodybuilding is a lifestyle we choose. girls dont have a choice on whether they want to be pretty or not, society demands for it and thus it shall be so.

i think the reason most girls we actually find very attractive dont feel the reciprocal is because their view of beauty isnt the same as a mans view. their view is conclusive with society’s and by society’s i mean capital america. the clothing companies, the vogue magazines. they think they can look like a paperthin girl, caked up by a $700 an hour makeup artist and get discouraged when it doesnt happen.

photos are bullshit. everyone in them is airbrushed with perfect lighting, tans, oils and a makeup artist. not to mention we have photoshop now too.

but i dont have the answer for everything. live your life and be happy with yourself. you cant please everyone. if you want to lose weight then do it, if you want to be fat go for it. not everyone is going to always find you attractive or “accept” you but if youre happy and doing what makes you happy then what does it matter?

[quote]mmllcc wrote:
chimera182 wrote:

I stumbled upon this article, and I’m not sure whether or not the author has a valid point.

"People have different metabolisms. There are people who eat tons of food and never exercise, yet they are skinny. There are other people who eat healthy foods in reasonable portions, exercise for hours, and will still probably always be “overweight.” "

My initial opinion is that people are just lazy and don’t know what qualifies as proper exercise, and healthy food. Although I suppose there are people who legitimately can’t lose weight. I’ve run into tons of people in my dorm who complain about crappy metabolisms, and yet they drink kool aid right before bed, so I’m tempted to think that most people are full of crap.

[/quote]

yea lets counter obesity with anorexia, great fucking idea.

[quote]chimera182 wrote:
mmllcc wrote:

I think that example might end up offending some people.[/quote]

like people with IQs above 6.

calories in vs calories out will always be the solution to weight loss. you can fine tune the little things like macro/micro content and timing but that will always be the basis.

the people and doctors in that study need to STFU and read Berardi’s 7 rules of nutritional programs

If they did that, then what would fat people use to justify themselves?

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
mmllcc wrote:
chimera182 wrote:

My initial opinion is that people are just lazy and don’t know what qualifies as proper exercise, and healthy food. Although I suppose there are people who legitimately can’t lose weight.

I’ve run into tons of people in my dorm who complain about crappy metabolisms, and yet they drink kool aid right before bed, so I’m tempted to think that most people are full of crap.

[/quote]

What are you talking about? Can you not understand the simple and major point of what I said?

Fat people = eat too much.
Skinny people = eat too little.

Do you not see the correlation or have you been drinking?

a calorie != a calorie

because of this thing called hormones

your body is not a bomb calorimeter that just magically vaporizes all macronutrients the exact same way

[quote]chimera182 wrote:
If they did that, then what would fat people use to justify themselves?[/quote]

“I have a big butt and big boobs. I thought guys liked that.”

[quote]mmllcc wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
mmllcc wrote:
chimera182 wrote:

My initial opinion is that people are just lazy and don’t know what qualifies as proper exercise, and healthy food. Although I suppose there are people who legitimately can’t lose weight.

I’ve run into tons of people in my dorm who complain about crappy metabolisms, and yet they drink kool aid right before bed, so I’m tempted to think that most people are full of crap.

What are you talking about? Can you not understand the simple and major point of what I said?

Fat people = eat too much.
Skinny people = eat too little.

Do you not see the correlation or have you been drinking?[/quote]

because it isnt just “eat less”. they will look retarded if they just stop eating which you seem to suggest. you have to know what youre doing or else youll end up looking skinny-fat.

its imperative to know what foods do what when your aim is to lose weight not to say food = calories i want to lose calories so i will eliminate food.

have i been drinking? you just compared your method for fatloss to a concentration camp.

[quote]ukrainian wrote:
chimera182 wrote:

“I have a big butt and big boobs. I thought guys liked that.”[/quote]

no shit. and they do. it seems to be mostly black and spanish too. you guys can give me flak for it but theres actually studies out there that show black and latinos have a higher “acceptance”

(i cant remember the word they used) to fat than asians and whites. any girls who work at my resturaunt that are fat make my entire kitchen staff go crazy, theyre all from colombia or el salvador.

i dont know why either because latina girls are more known for their figure being hourglass shaped not …water balloon filled with cottage cheese?

[quote]ukrainian wrote:
chimera182 wrote:

Hell yeah. How you doin’?

[quote]ukrainian wrote:
chimera182 wrote:

Yeah, 60 inches is big for some people. But for most, it’s FREAKING HUMONGOUS!

what fat people think :

|---------------------------------|-----|
Genetics Work

what is reality

|--------|------------------------------|
Genes Hard ass Work

err that didn’t turn out quite right

great i killed the thread

Yeah, great job. Maybe if you keep bumping it someone will reply.

Oh crap. Looks like I rekilled it.