More Crossfit Hating

[quote]SLAINGE wrote:

[quote]usaffirefighter wrote:
Given the length and history of the Squat Rack Curls threads I’m always amazed that somebody sees a person do some stupid shit once at one Crossfit location and assumes that everybody that does Crossfit does that kind of stupid shit on a daily basis. Just because they do it one place doesn’t mean we all do it. I’m an ACSM PT, soon to be USAW level 1 trainer and there’s no way in hell I’d have people doing some of the dumb shit I see in some of these gyms. Safety and common sense have to be considered first and foremost.

Ever have a slight tinge of anger when somebody makes an assumption about the way YOU lift and train because they saw a video of some douchebag high school student wrecking their self on Youtube??? Don’t be quite so quick to jump to conclusions guys, you’ve been doing this long enough to know that there’s usually more to the story than what’s on the evening news, or for Fuck Sake Facebook…[/quote]

I agree with everything you said. I couldnt care less what a person is into, be it bodybuilding, powerlifting, crossfitting etc. but when someone is doing it wrong they’re ‘doin it rong’[/quote]

Max efforts usually look ugly. Part of the game.

[quote]SLAINGE wrote:
Here’s one

I heard Dr. Stuart McGills tashe fell off after watching this!
[/quote]
Used to do these in wrestling, then we’d bridge on our heads, no hands. Useful for neck strength throwing an opponent. Not dangerous if done right and the stretch through their abs no doubt feels amazing.

[quote]biglifter wrote:

[quote]caveman101 wrote:
In that first video, i just saw a bunch of people having fun doing odd lifts, i think i even saw a fast-curl/ press at one point.
You guys saying ‘oh that looks dumb/painfull’, i wonder when was the last time you lifted a heavy weight from the floor and while standing, pressed it over your head[/quote]

Right, right, x1000 right! Of all places, I can’t believe there are comments on this forum like “oh, that hurt my back, knee, little toe, vagina, etc. just watching it”. Go fucking analyze why your Paladin isn’t leveling fast enough. They’re lifting, they enjoy it, no resultant deaths from it to my knowledge. It diesel weasel is still alive, these people will be just fine.[/quote]

Ha. I forgot about diesel weasel.

I don’t think I really ever attempted any overhead lifts until I started crossfit.

They are challenging.

I have fallen in the process too.

It’s all good fun.

[quote]Christine wrote:

[quote]biglifter wrote:

[quote]caveman101 wrote:
In that first video, i just saw a bunch of people having fun doing odd lifts, i think i even saw a fast-curl/ press at one point.
You guys saying ‘oh that looks dumb/painfull’, i wonder when was the last time you lifted a heavy weight from the floor and while standing, pressed it over your head[/quote]

Right, right, x1000 right! Of all places, I can’t believe there are comments on this forum like “oh, that hurt my back, knee, little toe, vagina, etc. just watching it”. Go fucking analyze why your Paladin isn’t leveling fast enough. They’re lifting, they enjoy it, no resultant deaths from it to my knowledge. It diesel weasel is still alive, these people will be just fine.[/quote]

Ha. I forgot about diesel weasel.

I don’t think I really ever attempted any overhead lifts until I started crossfit.

They are challenging.

I have fallen in the process too.

It’s all good fun.[/quote]

Crossfit is excellent for women.

[quote]biglifter wrote:

[quote]caveman101 wrote:

Lol at the Diesel Weasel old school baby.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]biglifter wrote:

[quote]caveman101 wrote:

Lol at the Diesel Weasel old school baby.[/quote]

The Deez and Castro in the above vid share a shockingly similar deadlift.

[quote]UtahLama wrote:
Crossfit funnies.

The person opening the vid is Dave Castro…Crossfit HQ’s Director of Training, and his magical 40 second deadlift.

[/quote]

I don’t know what it is, but the guy stabbing the tire with the sledge hammer cracks me up every time. He just looks so disinterested.

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]TheBodyGuard wrote:
I’m no cross fit hater. I think the cross fit hating is a little overdone and played to be honest. However, they cannot be fucking serious with this bullshit. What value does this lift have to these women? Where is the risk/benefit analysis??[/quote]
This particular lift, at a weight obviously too heavy, is absolutely not worth the risk. Strip a couple plates and knock some unconventional reps out though.

As a general aside, I’m not a cross fitter. These ladies, however, are picking weight up off the ground and pushing it over their heads. Can’t hate.[/quote]

Not hating on the ladies. Hating on the instructors. There is no god damn good reason for this lift to be performed in that setting by those trainees. It has NO value, and it’s risk of injury is high. Look at the position they are putting themselves in to try to make this esoteric lift? What does this lift do that can’t be accomplished by more conventional movements?

It’s typical American mentality; exotic = attractive. Call it Russian secret something or other, and Americans will clamor to it.

It’s stupid.

[quote]pushmepullme wrote:
It’s a continental clean. We do them when we’re repping a heavy clean and press, like in a competition. It’s not pretty, theirs look way sloppier than we try to do em, and I generally end up with weird bruises, but it is a viable lift. You do a normal clean and press as long as you can, and then you go on to continental if you must.

I will say I continental clean double overhand, but I have a friend who just placed at Nationals who does them mixed grip.

You guys sound like the YouTube commenters who tell me I’m an idiot for arching in a bench.[/quote]

I’m not sure how you can miss the obvious. There is NO value to performing this lift to that group of trainees. They are NOT training for competition.

How do you miss this rather simple risk/benefit analysis?

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]biglifter wrote:

[quote]caveman101 wrote:

The Deez and Castro in the above vid share a shocking similarity.[/quote]

Cant see the vids at work Utah. Sucks.

To me CF is going through growing pains and they need to restrict the certs and requirements, way to many fucktards get their certs and open gyms. They may have good intentions but some would think its better to teach a deadlift instead of one arm row. Cause you know the one arm row is more complex than a deadlift (this is sarcasm from another thread)

Its lifting weights, there are going to be injuries and incorrect form.

Do Alpha or Meat talk shit about CF?

You guys know that Wendler did a 5/3/1 for CF right.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]biglifter wrote:

[quote]caveman101 wrote:

To me CF is going through growing pains and they need to restrict the certs and requirements, way to many fucktards get their certs and open gyms. They may have good intentions but some would think its better to teach a deadlift instead of one arm row. Cause you know the one arm row is more complex than a deadlift (this is sarcasm from another thread)

[/quote]

I can only speak to the 5/3/1…Wendler has addressed this before, he did not design a 5/3/1 for Xfit…some boxes use 5/3/1 in their programming.

Most significantly of those… John Welbourn former NFL’er and founder of Crossfit Balboa and Crossfit Football.

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]biglifter wrote:

[quote]caveman101 wrote:

[/quote]

I can only speak to the 5/3/1…Wendler has addressed this before, he did not design a 5/3/1 for Xfit…some boxes use 5/3/1 in their programming.

Most significantly of those… John Welbourn former NFL’er and founder of Crossfit Balboa and Crossfit Football.[/quote]

Check up on that Utah I know in the past he stated he knew CF was using his 5/3/1 for their strength training, so what I heard was he set a program/book/e-book for them. Could be bogus, but I got it from a reliable source.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]biglifter wrote:

[quote]caveman101 wrote:

[/quote]

Most significantly of those… John Welbourn former NFL’er and founder of Crossfit Balboa and Crossfit Football.[/quote]

Check up on that Utah I know in the past he stated he knew CF was using his 5/3/1 for their strength training, so what I heard was he set a program/book/e-book for them. Could be bogus, but I got it from a reliable source. [/quote]

Well it’s not on his website, or amazon or EliteFTS…but then again Wendler IS A NINJA LIKE THAT.

Haha

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]biglifter wrote:

[quote]caveman101 wrote:

[/quote]

Check up on that Utah I know in the past he stated he knew CF was using his 5/3/1 for their strength training, so what I heard was he set a program/book/e-book for them. Could be bogus, but I got it from a reliable source. [/quote]

Well it’s not on his website, or amazon or EliteFTS…but then again Wendler IS A NINJA LIKE THAT.

Haha[/quote]

Lol yea could be bullshit. I have never seen it either. Reason I posted was half hearted to see if it was true and maybe Jim would jump on here and tell me to fuck off or that yes he did do it.

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]biglifter wrote:

[quote]caveman101 wrote:

[/quote]

Haha[/quote]

From his Goals Training Lab from a few days ago:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

I’m no cross fit hater. I think the cross fit hating is a little overdone and played to be honest. However, they cannot be fucking serious with this bullshit. What value does this lift have to these women? Where is the risk/benefit analysis??[/quote]
This particular lift, at a weight obviously too heavy, is absolutely not worth the risk. Strip a couple plates and knock some unconventional reps out though.

As a general aside, I’m not a cross fitter. These ladies, however, are picking weight up off the ground and pushing it over their heads. Can’t hate.[/quote]

Not hating on the ladies. Hating on the instructors. There is no god damn good reason for this lift to be performed in that setting by those trainees. It has NO value, and it’s risk of injury is high. Look at the position they are putting themselves in to try to make this esoteric lift? What does this lift do that can’t be accomplished by more conventional movements?

It’s typical American mentality; exotic = attractive. Call it Russian secret something or other, and Americans will clamor to it.

It’s stupid.
[/quote]

and bingo was his nameo

[quote]themumbler wrote:

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]biglifter wrote:

[quote]caveman101 wrote:

[/quote]

Haha[/quote]

[quote]
booneyx: Jim. Could you briefly go over the additions to the 2nd edition of 5 3 1? Thanks

11-29-2011 12:44
Jim Wendler: Boon - rest/pause/crossfitt/diet/all major assistance work programmed - it’s an additional 36 pages.
[/quote][/quote]

Dude I swear my friend told me this Monday morning. Maybe he was not fucking with me.

[quote]themumbler wrote:

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]biglifter wrote:

[quote]caveman101 wrote:

[/quote]

Haha[/quote]

[quote]
booneyx: Jim. Could you briefly go over the additions to the 2nd edition of 5 3 1? Thanks

11-29-2011 12:44
Jim Wendler: Boon - rest/pause/crossfitt/diet/all major assistance work programmed - it’s an additional 36 pages.
[/quote][/quote]

I saw this…but it looked more like how a crossfitter could use 5/3/1 as their core, non-met con work (as Welbourn did). Not a crossfit version of 5/3/1.

I could very well be wrong however.

^ Could be did he release the new version yet?

This reminds me of the zercher thread. OMG you’re going to tear a bicept with that crazy outlandish crap.