More College Football 'In Space'

All right. I’m watching the ECU - WVU game. (Way to go Pirates, all of us that live in Eastern NC are proud) The ESPN announcers keep talking about backs and reciever play ‘in space’.

Now I’m an old football player and official. When the hell did the flats, the wings, or open field become “in space”? For some reason that just befuddles me…

[quote]j_willy3 wrote:
All right. I’m watching the ECU - WVU game. (Way to go Pirates, all of us that live in Eastern NC are proud) The ESPN announcers keep talking about ‘out in space’.

Now I’m an old school football player and official. When the hell did the flats, the wings, or open field become “out in space”? For some reason that just befuddles me…[/quote]

Wait, they did?

I just got back from the Georgia - Central michigan game. Central Michigan just got stomped on. GOOOOOO DAWGSSSSS!!!

by the way, your post reminds me of this old pete and pete episode where they talked about tv signals of football games being broadcasted in space… something to do with johnny uitas… it was cool anyone else rember that episode? evidently tv signals escape the atmosphere and travel through space…

[quote]elano wrote:
I just got back from the Georgia - Central michigan game. Central Michigan just got stomped on. GOOOOOO DAWGSSSSS!!!

by the way, your post reminds me of this old pete and pete episode where they talked about tv signals of football games being broadcasted in space… something to do with johnny uitas… it was cool anyone else rember that episode? evidently tv signals escape the atmosphere and travel through space…[/quote]

Haha… I use to go to CMU the last two years. We were pretty good for a small program. Lefeavour is a badass, though.